SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Melchizedek - who was he?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

They did not understand the mystery of Christ in you the hope of Glory. Even Moses did not understand the Rock with living water flowing by just speaking to the Rock, he hit it and that kept him from entering the promised land. A picture of Christ that would be in them by drinking the water from the Rock. "Upon this Rock I will build my Church", what was the Rock? That Jesus Christ was the Son of the Living Rock.

Can you show that you understand what I am saying, if not why continue? Christ is the Rock, The Mystery of Paul is "Christ in you the hope of Glory, the born again from above that was hidden from all past, until Paul revealed this Mystery. To Paul, Mystery = Born Again.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/2/26 4:11Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Can you show that you understand what I am saying, if not why continue?

Paul writes...

Romans 15

15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written more boldly to you on some points, as reminding you, because of the grace given to me by God, 16 that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

The mystery Paul points to is that He was given the stewardship of grace to proclaim Christ to the Gentiles.

Gal. 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, 16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.

Col. 1:27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

1 Timothy 2:

5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, 7 for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

Eph. 3:1 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, 7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.

In all of these Scriptures the mystery that Paul is speaking to is that God would reach out to the Gentiles and that Christ chose Paul for this ministry.

Does Paul say that he was selected to also teach the Jews the same?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/2/26 7:46Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Jeff wrote:

Quote; ""In all of these Scriptures the mystery that Paul is speaking to is that God would reach out to the Gentiles and that Christ chose Paul for this ministry.

Does Paul say that he was selected to also teach the Jews the same?""

Reaching out to Gentiles is not a mystery, Abraham was a Gentile when God called him.

Israel was supposed to reach out to the whole world. They did not.

The mystery is, "Christ in you", that by a new Gospel it might be given to all that would believe. Taking away the Law and making Jesus Christ the new nature in a new creature, a new creation race of people, Christians.

Try it, when Paul speaks of a mystery, insert born again and you will see it is the revelation of Jesus Christ to Paul by Christ being birthed in the believer. Satan out, Christ in.

Example: Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this (born again) mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the (born again) mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

1Cr 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a (born again) mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Ephesians 1:3-14 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the (born again) mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

This is the mystery before the foundation of the world that we are predestinated to be a new person in Christ Jesus. Born Again by Spirit and Water. That is the Mystery of Being Born Again which Nicodemus did not understand, the Living Water of the Word, and the Spirit of Christ in you. 1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Ephesians 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Ephesians 5:31-32 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great (born again) mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

In Christ by the mystery: Phillip

2007/2/26 15:52Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Does Paul say that he was selected to also teach the Jews the same?""

Quote:
Reaching out to Gentiles is not a mystery, Abraham was a Gentile when God called him.

Brother you are using a scatter gun here...

The Scriptures that you always point to as a means of establishing a very strong dispensational theology, these are the ones I presented to you. This mystery which Paul is speaking of was given to the OT saints who lived under the convenant of Mount Sinai...

Listen to Amos 9:11-12

"On that day I will raise up the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down, and repair its damages; I will raise up its ruins, and rebuild it as in the days of old; that they may possess the remnant of Edom and all the Gentiles who are called by My name." Says the Lord who does this thing."

First, God is going to [b]again raise up the tabernacle of David[/b] so that they may possess [b]the remnant[/b] of Edom and all the Gentiles...

What work of God is going to be restored again? What work is Scripture here pointing too that had been destroyed? Who are the remnant?

Quote:
The mystery is, "Christ in you", that by a new Gospel

I have never seen in Scripture where there is a "new gospel."

Only the Jehova Witness teach this type of dispensational theology...

In Christ
Jeff

2007/2/26 20:14Profile
rookie

Re:

The sower of the seed parable teaches that we must want to hear what Scripture says...are you willing to hear and seek Christ's work that exists in all of Scripture?

By what means does God preserve His remnant throughout the generation?

John 7:37-38

"On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said,out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."

Jesus cried out at the height of the Feast of Tabernacles this proclamation.

What Scriptures do you think the priests thought of when Jesus cried out this promise?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/2/26 20:19Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Galatians 1:6-14 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from Him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Which is not another; ((for there is no other gospel unto salvation in Christ Jesus but Paul's gospel, which he calls my gospel.))

but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

"Unto another gospel." A gospel which destroys the grace of Christ; which proclaims salvation on other terms than simple dependence on the merits of the Lord Jesus; the Mosaic gospel which has introduced the Jewish rites and ceremonies as essential, in order to obtain salvation. The apostle calls that scheme the gospel, because it pretended to be: it was preached by those who claimed to be preachers of the gospel; who alleged that they had come direct from the apostles at Jerusalem, and who pretended to declare the method of salvation. It claimed to be the gospel, and yet it was essentially unlike the plan which he had preached as constituting the gospel. That which he preached, inculcated the entire dependence of the sinner on the merits and grace of Christ; that system had introduced dependence on the observance of the rites of the Mosaic system as necessary to salvation.

Another Gospel, yes. Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as [the gospel] of the circumcision [was] unto Peter;

2Ti 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

2007/2/27 2:13Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
The mystery is, "Christ in you", that by a new Gospel it might be given to all that would believe.

Brother there has never been more than one true gospel. Paul did not create a new gospel. Christ has always been the mediator and expediter of the true gospel.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/2/27 3:04Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Yes He has, but not revealed to man. You don't believe that Paul's gospel is different from Moses? Paul's My Gospel.

Paul did not create any gospel, it was given to him by Jesus Christ Himself. He already knew the gospel of circumcision which was given to him by man.

Galatians 1:15-16 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Rom 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Rom 16:25 Now to Him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, (being born again)which was kept secret since the world began,

2Ti 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Prove these scriptures wrong. That's easy. Prove them right, that takes the Holy Spirit.

2007/2/27 4:49Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Yes He has, but not revealed to man. You don't believe that Paul's gospel is different from Moses? Paul's My Gospel.

There is no difference between the gospel that was revealed to Abraham and that was revealed to Paul, This gospel finds its source in Christ.

Do not confuse the covenant made on Mount Sinai with the covenant that was revealed to Abraham by God through Christ.

Quote:

Jesus Christ is also the seed of the woman and also the seed of Abraham.

If Paul had a new gospel, why does he always teach about Abraham and always make the distinction between this covenant and the covenant made on Mount Sinai? Paul talks only of two covenants, not three.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/2/27 6:13Profile
rookie

Re:

John 7:37-38

"On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said,out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."

When Jesus points to the OT Scripture as proof of what He said at that moment before the crowd during the Feast of Tabernacles, what is keeping us from discovering this precept?

Do we look only for text that is verbatim to the words He said that day or do we look for the evidence of His work in the OT saints?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/2/27 22:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy