SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : You Know You're Visiting a Bad Church If...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
BenBrockway

Re: You know you're visiting a bad church if....

...The pastor titles his sermon 'No Confidence In The Flesh: Philippians 3' and then talks about himself for the entire duration and boasts about all the famous people he knows and gets to hang out with...

:-?

2007/2/1 11:37Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: You Know You're Visiting a Bad Church If...

The church has a 70's night, you go, and there is no one there over 70.

Bring in the New Year with feasting, singing, children's dance group and at midnight say 'Let's worship God!'

2007/2/1 12:27Profile

Re:

Quote:
Bring in the New Year with feasting, singing, children's dance group and at midnight say 'Let's worship God!'

Not sure what you mean by this... I would like to point out that part of the Hebrews' worship spelled out for us in the OT was feasts and singing and dance.

Exo 13:6 Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, and in the seventh day shall be a feast to the LORD.

Exo 23:14 Three times thou shalt keep a feast unto me in the year.

Exo 23:16 And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labours, which thou hast sown in the field: and the feast of ingathering, which is in the end of the year, when thou hast gathered in thy labours out of the field.

Psa 149:3 Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.

Psa 150:4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

Moses' wife led the women of Israel in dancing and singing (a celebration unto God... not fleshly dancing) after the Egyptian army perished in the Red Sea...

Krispy

2007/2/1 13:06
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

There's dancing and then there is dancing.

This wasn't godly in content, and there sure weren't any timbrel's or harps!

It was street style gyrating. You had to see it.

Well, maybe God accepted it, that's all that matters.

God bless.

2007/2/1 13:16Profile

Re:

ok... just needed some clarification. I agree with you.

Krispy

2007/2/1 13:22
JennRich

Alabama

Re:

As you sit at your table in the worship service (it's called a "Tea-Room Service"), someone brings you some Play Doh, crayons, and paper so that you can express yourself creatively when you feel the urge to do so.

My sister visited a church that did this about 2 years ago. (God help us.)

2007/2/1 14:32Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

´.

2007/2/1 14:36Profile

Re:

This thread has turned into something that I hadnt forseen... and I think it's pretty cool. I hope it keeps going because it really lets us know how far away from God we have wandered. What started out as humorous has turned into something quite sobering.

Very good so far, everyone! Keep it up...

Krispy

2007/2/1 15:11
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

When the man preaching says, "I dare you to let God write your story." But never mentions Christ

2007/2/1 16:02Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

The Assistant Pastor bans CS Lewis from the church because she had a dream in which the Lord told her he was evil....oooh spooky!

2007/2/1 18:54Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy