SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : You Know You're Visiting a Bad Church If...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

You attend a wedding and the pastor preaches a sermon. The subject deals with physical intimacy which embarasses the audience and the couple as well. And you wish your children would be elsewhere! (True story!)

ginnyrose

2007/1/31 20:39Profile
searchin

u.s.a. /

Re:

you guys are so kool!

:-D

2007/1/31 22:45Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

1. The preacher does not even quote a verse from the bible in the whole service!!!!
2.Every starts having a holy spirit service and people acting like clowns!!
3. A DJ starts leading worship
4. A theme like Finding Nemo Service!! or a Narnian Service!!!

2007/2/1 6:04Profile

Re: you know you're visiting a questionable church...

You know you're visiting a very, very questionable "church" when you walk in to find a seat, only to find they have movie theater seats that rock and come with cup holders! 8-)

This is a true story I read in Leadership magazine a few months ago. It was a church in the midwest that was boosting about investing in theater seats "with" cup holders to make their congregation more comfortable (and to keep the drinks from spilling on the floor).

[As my granny would say, "God help us all!"]

2007/2/1 7:09

Re:

Quote:
This is a true story I read in Leadership magazine a few months ago. It was a church in the midwest that was boosting about investing in theater seats "with" cup holders to make their congregation more comfortable (and to keep the drinks from spilling on the floor).

Boy... makes you wonder what in the world Jesus was thinking when He gave the Sermon on the Mount, and He made those poor people sit on the ground! No cup holders... no cushions...

Thankfully we know better than Jesus how to attract a large crowd.

8-)

Krispy

2007/2/1 7:29

Re: You know you're visiting a bad church if....

[One more!]

... the church has a sign tacked up outside advertising a series they are doing that at least 10 other churches in the town are doing too.

(My advice: Just keep on driving! God's not doing anything new there!) :-o

2007/2/1 7:42
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: You Know You're Visiting a Bad Church If...

A church in my home town has a weekly “outreach” program held every Tuesday night. It’s called “Vegas Nites” I wouldn’t want to bet on what’s going on inside.

God Bless

TJ

2007/2/1 7:58Profile

Re:

Quote:
... the church has a sign tacked up outside advertising a series they are doing that at least 10 other churches in the town are doing too.

Yea... in our town almost all the churches had "40 DAYS OF PURPOSE" on their signs at the same time a couple years ago.

... I just love fads.... not.

Krispy

2007/2/1 8:04

Re: You know you're visiting a bad church if....

You know you're visiting or attending a bad church if...

... you can Google the pastor's semon topic and find hundred's of other church's preaching the same thing across America.

[True Story] This is kinda like the sign thing but worse. I used to attend a church exactly like this. I found out that the pastor always got his sermons from pastor.net. When I questioned him, he was like, "Why should I labor when someone else has already done it?"

There are thousands of churches like that or else pastor.net would not be in business. I'm going to stop before I get really depressed.

Lisa

2007/2/1 8:28

Re:

Quote:
[True Story] This is kinda like the sign thing but worse. I used to attend a church exactly like this. I found out that the pastor always got his sermons from pastor.net. When I questioned him, he was like, "Why should I labor when someone else has already done it?"

So much for hearing from the Lord, and then delivering His message to them.

Krispy

2007/2/1 8:35

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy