SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian Documentary

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
chuch

Re: Christian Documentary

Thank you all for your responses. I love the idea of just showing humble followers of Christ and how their lives were transformed by the Holy Spirit.

I watched that documentary called "Friends of God" on HBO last night, and came away deeply disturbed, but at the same time more energized to fulfill this mission to show Christianity as it truly is and should be.

I encourage further discussion on this topic, as I find it to be very timely and worthy of our thought. There is a large group of people out there who are clinging onto various sects of mainstream Christianity and vilifying them. I can see how this could lead to much persecution of true believers in this country in the not too distant future. I would love to see a distinction drawn in the media between the carnal worldly Christianity, and the truly repentant humble Christianity. I see this as my calling, less as an art form and more as a community of believers speaking truth through the medium of video, if that makes any sense...

2007/1/26 12:25Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Quote:

chuch wrote:
I would love to see a distinction drawn in the media between the carnal worldly Christianity, and the truly repentant humble Christianity. I see this as my calling, less as an art form and more as a community of believers speaking truth through the medium of video, if that makes any sense...

Praise the Lord friend... for I have thought much about this topic for a year or so now.
May God bless you to pull this off :-D ...it is possible... if you can dream it friend, it can be done. God can do what others deem a waste of time through one and/or a select few of His choosing.
Let it be done as unto the Lord. This is exciting!
The Lord bless you with Himself...
an undeserving brother,
richie

2007/1/26 23:16Profile
ProveAllThin

Re:

Quote:
I would love to see a distinction drawn in the media between the carnal worldly Christianity, and the truly repentant humble Christianity.

Praise the Lord!
About a year and a half ago the Lord woke me
up early in the morning and called me to pray.
As I prayed I saw a vision of a red line being
drawn. As I continued to pray I felt that the Lord was telling me that in America there shall be a strong visible distinction between true and false christains. A distinction that all shall see. I am excited for you my brother, commit your way to the Lord!

2007/1/27 0:09Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

chuch

If you were to produce a documentry that presents a solid, no compromise, gospel message, the world would ridicule it, and the "church" would pan it. If you feel led by God to do produce this film, go for it, and the project will be on my prayer list. Do not be surprised by the negative feed back that you will receive, for scripture says:

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Many Blessings Greg

2007/1/27 2:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy