SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : tribes that never heard of jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
luckyd

tx

tribes that never heard of jesus

i told me pastor about tribes and people that never got a chance to hear the gospel and he said something about how if one was really seeking to find god then he would send the people a missionary or something, and ive heard that before but then i was thinking, what about the tribes like before christopher columbus. no one who was christian ever reached them. maybe someone has heard of some guy from a tribe seeing a vision of jesus because he seeked god or something but its been bothering me because i was thinking how ya its easy for me to accept jesus...well you know not easy but i mean easier since i actually live in a place where jesus is preached, but what about the people who never got it preached to them. my pastor said the gospel is now preached everywhere but i know it wasnt in the past because christians hadnt traveled the whole world at one point.

2007/1/22 20:43Profile

Re: tribes that never heard of jesus

luckyd

not sure that your pastor is correct about the Good News being preached everywhere. the answer that God has given me to your question about tribes of people throughout history that do not have access to the Gospel is that we are all undergoing multiple, progressive lifetimes in various circumstances of birth and becoming experienced in all that God's creation has to offer us.

what many call evil is not an intelligent, malevolent being, but rather not-God, not-love, nothingness. and in the end we will be delivered to eternity with this God-love-being or nothingness.

the alternative is to believe that an all-powerful God created the universe and us with the foreknowledge that an angel would rebel and become the devil and lead many of his created humans, which He obstenibly loves, into eternal damnation and torture. No loving God would do such a thing, but that is what the Church is essentially saying, God created people (the unsaved) in order for them to go to hell with the devil?!

Don't worry about the unsaved tribes of the past or those of the present. God loves us all with the eternal blessings of life, as we approach the heart of our Savior. Down through the ages we are each allowed the choice to join Him or join the nothingness of the void.

Bubbaguy

2007/1/22 21:08
c52

Loveland, Co. USA

Re: tribes that wished they'd never heard of jesus

Christopher was a Christian, the Spaniards that financed his voyage were Christians. Sadly, all they did was enslave and decimate the "New Worlders" Check it out..." A People's History of the United States". The author Howard Zinn says that Chris " called them Indians, because he mis-calculated the size of the earth". funny huh?

2007/1/22 22:11Profile

jesse,

by now i hope (expect) that someone from this Sermon Index site has corresponded with you regarding your query. it is an important one.

i'm quite certain that those in correspondence with you may not have appreciated my comments and advised against them.

you should understand that i value the Bible greatly and am a Christian (Quaker) yet, i interpret the Bible in a considerably different manner. where many hold that the events of the Old Testament were factual, i hold that some of these are figurative and representational. thus, Adam represents mankind, and was not an individual. another example would be the Great Flood which covered the earth during Noah's time and killed all but his kin representing a devastating event winnowing mankind down to the very few people that genetic scientists now claim that all humans are descended from.

i believe many of the stories of the Bible were authored and recorded as representational accounts much in the way that parables were told by Jesus. in fact, i think He is pointing to this in His testimonies recorded in the New Testament.

by restricting Biblical accounts to being literally true, much of the meaning and intentions of the authors is lost.

biblical literalism is a crutch for those with weak faith.

bubbaguy

i hope you discuss this issue further with your pastor and others.

2007/1/24 19:26
Stan53

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Re:

Quote:
i'm quite certain that those in correspondence with you may not have appreciated my comments and advised against them.

I am not a moderator, but I would advise as you have suggested. This being because, unfortunately the Bible doesn't support your view. What I am amazed at is that no one has stopped your false teaching.
There are two questions to be asked. Is your teaching supported by the Bible, and does it glorify Christ. Yours fails both, therefore it is false teaching. The whole purpose of God's Word is to bring fallen man to repentance and salvation. As by one man, sin entered into the world, and so by one man sin is removed. Read Romans 5 for this subject please. It will make it far clearer.
Your view of things doesn't take into account a Holy God who is utterly seperate from sin. Your view says, it doesn't matter because if you don't come to a saving knowledge of Christ then it doesn't matter, your will cease to be. That view says, Fine do as you please. It doesn't say that literally but it certainly does theoretically.
Your view of the Old Testament is not supported by the authors of the new.
Let us not have false teaching please.

2007/1/24 20:28Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Dear Bubbaguy,

Aren't we supposed to take the Bible literally? If we don't then we end up with a huge mess on our hands of trying to decide what to take literally and what is only a parable.

Bubbaguy wrote:
"biblical literalism is a crutch for those with weak faith."

I strongly disagree with that. "Biblical literalism" has helped me in a great many area because to many people were trying to give me counsel that wasn't from the Bible.

Jordan

2007/1/24 20:31Profile

Re:

bubbaguy said

Quote:
we are all undergoing multiple, progressive lifetimes in various circumstances of birth and becoming experienced in all that God's creation has to offer us

Where does Jesus speak about reincarnation and karma?

Quote:
what many call evil is not an intelligent, malevolent being, but rather not-God, not-love, nothingness. and in the end we will be delivered to eternity with this God-love-being or nothingness.

So "nothing" tempted Jesus in the desert?

Quote:
Down through the ages we are each allowed the choice to join Him or join the nothingness of the void.

So the "nothing" rich man burning in a lake of "nothingness" begging Abraham to send Lazarus to "nothingville" to drop some water on a "nothing's" tongue?

Quote:
you should understand that i value the Bible greatly and am a Christian (Quaker) yet, i interpret the Bible in a considerably different manner

Sigh.

Quote:
where many hold that the events of the Old Testament were factual, i hold that some of these are figurative and representational. thus, Adam represents mankind, and was not an individual. another example would be the Great Flood which covered the earth during Noah's time and killed all but his kin representing a devastating event winnowing mankind down to the very few people that genetic scientists now claim that all humans are descended from.

So, the Bible is part fact, part myth... and we must compromise its message and reinterpret it to "fit in" in with what intellectuals, scientists, and New Agers of every stripe believe.

Quote:
by restricting Biblical accounts to being literally true, much of the meaning and intentions of the authors is lost.

No. The "meanings and intentions" are lost to "you", not us. The intellect cannot comprehend the BIble's truths without the aid of the Holy Spirit and a circumsized heart. I've tried and it nearly drove me mad.

Quote:
biblical literalism is a crutch for those with weak faith.

Wrong again. Trying to mould God, Jesus, His prophets, and His Word to fit the world, science, and your personal "interpretations" is a crutch. Feel free to drive yourself mad by trying to use a flawed system (logic) designed by a flawed creature (man) to make sense of a flawed universe... but don't be asinine enough to think you can contemplate God, or His Word, into a box.

YOU fit into HIS plan. HE won't fit into yours.

You sure you're a Quaker? You've amalgamted science, religion, and New Age philosophy... I could swear you were a Theosophist or Freemason.

2007/1/24 21:09
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Bubba wrote:

Quote:

Bubba, have you considered that when you believe this you will place yourself in the position where you will have to decide what is applicable, what is true, what is to be acted upon which in turn will make you a god? You will be the one who decides what is right, what is wrong! The first commandment is "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." Do you not realize the seriousness of your view of the Scriptures? I am sorry, but I do not think you would make a good god! Do you?

Quote:
i believe many of the stories of the Bible were authored and recorded as representational accounts much in the way that parables were told by Jesus.

Upon what authority do you make this assumption? Every parable Jesus spoke is identified as such. So how can you assume this is true of the other stories?

Sir, why do you want to believe this?

ginnnyrose

2007/1/24 21:23Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

luckyd,

You have asked a question most people at some time wrestle with. Did you ever consider Romans 1: 19-25: Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20: For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22: Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23: And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24: Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Brother, there are stories of people whom the LORD revealed himself to who had no previous knowledge of Him at all. There is Sammy Morris, who lived in the early 1900s; Bilquis Sheikh, a Muslim woman - this account is recorded in the book "I Dared to Call Him Father". I have heard this is happening today in the Muslim world where the gospel is hidden from the people. In these cases God will often use dreams and visions to communicate.

In thinking about this issue, did you ever consider we may err into believing that if they would know they would all accept the LORD? But that is not true either - people today are resistent to the Gospel and according to Romans 1 I am of the mind God knows who will accept him and will reveal himself to them.

This is my understanding...hope it will help ..

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/1/24 21:37Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Been here

Quote:
the answer that God has given me to your question about tribes of people throughout history that do not have access to the Gospel is that we are all undergoing multiple, progressive lifetimes in various circumstances of birth and becoming experienced in all that God's creation has to offer us.

Quote:
"biblical literalism is a crutch for those with weak faith."

Piecing these two together it could also be said;

"Biblical faith is the alternative for the answer that God has given me."

'Bubba' has been with us here for some time and in light of the recent posts here for some humbling and charity amongst ourselves it is difficult to say much more towards all this.

I do not know what it is that you seek to convince anyone here nor has it apparently been any use to mine all that is available here to move you to other considerations. No change of mind or heart just 'your interpretations'... We have covered this ground with a great deal of patience I believe in many past threads.

What is it you seek?

2007/1/24 22:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy