Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Excited for God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Goldminer... Probably to didactic but ... Neither of us had the wrong intentions I am sure. Depends on our distinctions.

[b]Adore
ADO'RE[/b], v.t. [L. adoro. In Heb. to honor, reverence or glorify to adorn; to be magnificent or glorious, to magnify, to glorify. This word is usually referred to the Latin ad orare, to carry to one's mouth; ad and os, oris; as, in order to kiss one's hand, the hand is carried to one's mouth. See Calmet, ad verbum, who cites, in confirmation of this opinion, the ancient practice of kissing the hand. See Job 31. 1 Ki 19. Psa 2. Gen 41. Ainsworth supposes the word to be a compound of ad and oro, to pray; and if the word is compound, as I suspect, this opinion is most probably correct.]

1. To worship with profound reverence; to address with exalted thoughts, by prayer and thanksgiving; to pay divine honors to; to honor as a god or as divine.

2. To love in the highest degree; to regard with the utmost esteem, affection and respect; as, the people adore their prince.

[b]Abhor
ABHOR'[/b], v.t. [L abhorreo, of ab and horreo, to set up bristles, shiver or shake; to look terrible.]

1. To hate extremely, or with contempt; to lothe, detest or abominate.

2. To despise or neglect. Psa 22:24. Amos 6:8.

3. To cast off or reject. Ps. lxxix. 38.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1Jo 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

1Jo 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1Jo 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

2007/1/21 13:54Profile

Re:

Quote:
Goldminer... Probably to didactic but ... Neither of us had the wrong intentions I am sure. Depends on our distinctions.

Please don't bring Hegel into an otherwise blessed conversation... no, wait, that was "dialectic"...

;-)

2007/1/21 15:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy