SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : you have got to watch this!!!!! Akiane video as seen on CNN ( believe it or not ! )

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
I'm sorry, you misunderstood what I was writing, I know God can use anyone but my point was that if it is a deception then the only choice was to use athiestic parents.

No, I'm not misunderstanding. David was decieved, Solomon was decieved, Saul was decieved... and they were all born Jews into God's chosen nation. The seven churches in Revelations were (are) decieved. And I've known many, many ungodly people who turned their backs on God after being raised in a "good Christian home".

Look, God "is no respector of persons". It's said in the Old Testament and in the New. The "sour grape the father's ate" may still "set the children's teeth on edge", but the choice to turn from sin to righteousness is still an individual's decision.

Don't mince words. What you're saying is that a Christian born to Christian parents is "more saved" than a Christian born to athiests or pagans. Or maybe you're a 'type A' and I'm a 'type B'. It's this kind of elitism that Jesus confronted when He said:

"THIS PEOPLE DRAWETH NIGH UNTO ME WITH THEIR MOUTH, AND HONOURETH ME WITH THEIR LIPS; BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME. BUT IN VAIN THEY DO WORSHIP ME, TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN." (MATT 15:8-9)

Quote:
is she being used by God to bring people to repentance?

I felt a certain wonder beholding her vision of New Jerusalem... it is bright, colourful, and hopeful as only a child could paint... and at the same time masturfully executed as by an adult.

While the modernists and post-modernists pump out their depressing, soul-killing garbage...

Well, I believe these hopeful, colourful works would brighten the poor souls in a homeless shelter and help them look forward to better days in the Kingdom. They certainly brightened my day by reminding me of how children view God.

2007/1/24 1:26
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

I think this scripture speaks on the subject of pictures.

John: 17 NKJ
29. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
30. And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Eddie

2007/1/24 6:57Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Dear Corey,

Thank you for the discussion. May we all grow in deeper knowledge and wisdom of his ways. I pray seromindex be a tool used by God to contribute to just that. I regret to say that I don't think our discussion will grow any more profitable from this point on. I must therefore humbly bow out.

May God's grace be with your spirit,

Brother Paul

2007/1/24 9:13Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

division

Is there really any need for personal attacks on brothers and sisters who are only suggesting caution? Especially against persons who have been walking with the Lord for a long time? How does that bring Glory to our God?

:-o

2007/1/24 13:47Profile

Re: division

Quote:
How does that bring Glory to our God?

God asked me that very thing last night.

I bow out, too.

2007/1/24 14:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy