SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : you have got to watch this!!!!! Akiane video as seen on CNN ( believe it or not ! )

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Yes, and this is the very litmus test of a true encounter with Jesus Christ. A death occurs. One's level of religious artistic brilliancy is no guage for the authenticity of salvation. If this were the case, Michalangelo, Da Vinci, Dali and Carravagio were Christian titans worthy of emulation. Wunderkind abilities to capture the musical and visual aesthetics of creation are no accurate guage either; if this were the case, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart would be a extraordinary believer, as he composed Christian masses and spiritual anthems of superlative beauty in childhood.

There's a marked difference between a pagan like DaVinci who, between bouts of sex with underage boys, painted "The Last Supper" for commission, not as an act of worship to the God that despises homosexuality.

Mozart, a fervent freemason, went so far as to write an opera where the heads of Jesus, John the Baptist, Buddha, and Muhammad were paraded around onstage.

Comparing them with a CHILD who converted her parents from athiesm, paints pictures of Jesus, and people worshipping their God, and beautiful visions of heaven... and gives all the glory (society allows her) to give to God... Are you people serious?

She says she loves God. She says the images and words come when she prays. And she says the only time she feels remotely proud is when she's sure God is proud.

Don't get your knickers in a knot because you don't know whether this twelve-year-old is a calvanist or an armenian... Just be sure you haven't broken the Tenth Commandment in your attacks on a little girl.

This place cracks me up >;')

2007/1/23 20:31
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Akiane

My comments in praise of the pastors post is not in that it was downing to Akiane's faith but that it encouraged us to be careful. I have to agree with this part.

My personal opinion is the little girls loves Jesus and believes she is glorifying God and has seen her family converted in the process. Bravo.

2007/1/23 21:24Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Hi Corey, I'd like to engage you here:

Quote:
Comparing them with a CHILD who converted her parents from athiesm

In all humility, how do you know she converted her parents? What constitutes [i]true conversion[/i] in your eyes? And how do you even know the child herself is converted - [i]God's[/i] way? Because of her beautiful Jesus picture? Because Oprah Winfrey thinks she's a "saint"? Ah, the terms "conversion" and "born-again" get tossed around almost as flippantly and haphazardly as we say a person is a Republican or Democrat. These days if you paint a picture or write a song with a positive respect for God, you are instantly considered a Christian and everyone gets warm and fuzzy. But if a fellow comes along and poses sober considerations, he is accused of attacking and exhibiting a judgmental spirit. In light of all my legitimate points, I really don't think my last post was that unreasonable.

Quote:
She says she loves God. She says the images and words come when she prays.

I'm not saying she [i]doesn't[/i] love God. She says images and words come when she prays, and that may be so. But this doesn't constitute anything, and I hope you realize that (I speak with meekness). I truly believe God's hand is on this little girl. I am not comparing her to Mozart or DaVinci in the sense that you think I am; I was only showing that an artistic propensity to show God in a positive light does not automatically qualify a person as Christian. What if you later find out that she and her parents attend a Roman Catholic church? The idea is not very outlandish, you know. Will you still maintain she is a born-again Christian by virtue of her detailed paintings and visions and verbal confessions of "God showed me..."? I venture to say that many here who have impetuously concluded she is Christian would suddenly backpedal.

Quote:
Just be sure you haven't broken the Tenth Commandment in your attacks on a little girl.

I don't understand what you mean here. Are you hinting that by posting my concerns I might actually be coveting her gift?

May God bless you as you thoughtfully consider these things.

Brother Paul

2007/1/23 22:04Profile

Re:

PaulWest said:

Quote:
In all humility, how do you know she converted her parents?... Will you still maintain she is a born-again Christian by virtue of her detailed paintings and visions and verbal confessions of "God showed me..."?

Paul, are you looking for the blanket statement, "I've accepted Jesus into my heart"? Or would you prefer that she experience the same kind of sinner's life that I had so she can be "brought to repentance"? If I knew, as a child, what I know now, I sure as heck wouldn't have sinned so much (maybe). But if she can be spared half the crap I went through, because of her early spiritual encounter, all the better.

Samson and John the Baptist were nazerites by birth - they were both beloved by God and given extraordinary gifts. Were they any "less loved" or "less saved" than you or I or this girl?

Quote:
What if you later find out that she and her parents attend a Roman Catholic church?

I would remember what Richard Wurmbrand said in "In God's Underground" about the Catholic, Orthodox, Baptist, and Methodist believers in communist Romania - and how the lines between denominations blurred and they all worshipped Jesus together under persecution.

Quote:
Are you hinting that by posting my concerns (or my attacks) I might actually be coveting her gift?

Yes. I'm saying exactly that. Because I covet it too and hope to the LORD on high my resurrected body can be embued with a fraction of the talent and insightfulness (in whatever form He decides) this girl, a third my age, has.

From interview with Akiane:

What is your favorite food?
When half of the world goes to sleep hungry, my favorite food is the food I can share with others.

What gifts do you like receiving?
Love.

Why do you think you received the artistic gift at four years of age?
God thought that I was ready, and it was His timing.

Has anyone taught you?
I am self-taught. In other words, God is my teacher. I really like working by myself without any distractions, learning from my own mistakes. I even get up at 4:30 in the morning, so I could start painting, when it is still silent in the house, before my three brothers get up.

Are you proud of your work?
If God is proud of it, I am proud.

How can you know, if God is proud?
How do you know if someone loves you? You just know it.

Who taught you how to write?
The words just come to me. I would say ideas somehow have been planted in me.

I do not write from what I know, but from what the Spirit shows me. Before I pray, I am empty and have absolutely nothing to write about. But then I know, if I am silent, I start seeing pictures and words.

2007/1/23 23:07
allhavsinned

North West England

Re:

I think we should all realise here that we are not judging the girl, we do not have the information to make righteous judgements of her.

What we are saying is that we should all be careful of [b]anyone[/b] be they innocent child or mature wisened adult, who says they get inspiration directly from God. Not that He doesn't speak to us in that still small voice or in dreams.

But when someone claims He sent a person to us, whom God wants to be a model for a painting of Jesus, then we must start to ask further questions.

We are not really discussing the integrity of Arkaine we are warning about jumping to conclusions without checking out the facts.

Please note the next bit is not an attack, just an opinion and I will be more than happy to be shown wrong;

Let me ask a question, why was a girl with these gifts born to athiest parents?

let's just assume that she is not pointing people to the true God but is being deceived and these visions are Satanic,

I see three options of the devil giving these gifts to a child...

a) with Christian parents

b) with believers of false gods whereby they are converted to Christ

c) with athiests who then are converted to Christ.

So why pick option c) well the parents will not be able to discern it and will accept her deception and convert to a false Christ.

What about option b) I will suggest that as all religions accept Jesus as being a prophet and that there is a 'perfect place' we can ascend to, that by being born to parents of a false religion would make her unacceptable to Christianity (who the devil is trying to deceive) as they would not convert because what she is painting does not contradict any other religion.

Finally a) if she was born to Christians, they would be able to discern her deceit and lead her to Truth before she leads others away.

Matthew 25:24 warns about the elect being deceived by those showing signs and wonders.

I'm sorry, I don't want to offend anyone but we are to be harmless as doves and wise as serpents. MAT 10:16

I hope that Arkiane has met with Jesus Christ and her parents too, I have prayed for her since I heard about her and in the fullness of time we will find out what type of Christian she is, she needs our prayers that she keeps on the narrow path (assuming she's on it) because money and fame have been the downfall of many young people, and old people too.

2007/1/23 23:09Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Akiane

Why did God pick Abraham? His parents were heathens. Why did He pick me? My parents were heathens.

In the final outcome we will all find out what kind of Christians we are. In that day He will say to some of us I never knew you. Yeh you did all these great things but you didn't love.

2007/1/23 23:23Profile

Re:

Quote:
Let me ask a question, why was a girl with these gifts born to athiest parents?

let's just assume that she is not pointing people to the true God but is being deceived and these visions are Satanic,

I see three options of the devil giving these gifts to a child...

a) with Christian parents

b) with believers of false gods whereby they are converted to Christ

c) with athiests who then are converted to Christ.

Oh, that's rich!

I don't suppose you've considered the fact that Abraham wasn't raised by Jews, and neither was Enoch, and neither was Methuselah, and neither was Noah, and neither was Melchizadek, and neither was Ruth...

Or that Jesus wasn't a Christian, nor was Paul when Jesus appeared to him, nor was the centurian that came to Jesus, nor the woman who had her disease cleansed... nor was I...

He will use who He will use, sinner, saved, Jew, gentile, catholic, or pentacostal - for His Glory.

Pitiful.

2007/1/23 23:34

Re:

Quote:
Why did God pick Abraham? His parents were heathens. Why did He pick me? My parents were heathens.

HALLELUJAH!!! I read your response after I posted mine.

I'm soooooooooo sooooooooooo soooooooooo glad he's not a respector of persons!

2007/1/23 23:36
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Me too, or we would all be doomed

2007/1/23 23:50Profile
allhavsinned

North West England

Re:

Quote:

Corey_H wrote:

Oh, that's rich!

I don't suppose you've considered the fact that Abraham wasn't raised by Jews, and neither was Enoch, and neither was Methuselah, and neither was Noah, and neither was Melchizadek, and neither was Ruth...

Or that Jesus wasn't a Christian, nor was Paul when Jesus appeared to him, nor was the centurian that came to Jesus, nor the woman who had her disease cleansed... nor was I...

He will use who He will use, sinner, saved, Jew, gentile, catholic, or pentacostal - for His Glory.

Pitiful.

I'm sorry, you misunderstood what I was writing, I know God can use anyone but my point was that if it is a deception then the only choice was to use athiestic parents.

Again you are not adressing the issue that we must test all the spirits:

I Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Quote:
Corey_H wrote:

I agree, of course, the question is; is she being used by God to bring people to repentance?

Answer: we don't know because we haven't met her or heard of anyone coming to know Christ because of her work.

We must not be so gullible as to accept everyone who says they have met God,

However this quote of Gamaliel is fitting here:

Acts 5:38 And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: 39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

2007/1/24 0:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy