SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : you have got to watch this!!!!! Akiane video as seen on CNN ( believe it or not ! )

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

you have got to watch this!!!!! Akiane video as seen on CNN ( believe it or not ! )

You have got to look at these two links. The first is a segment that was shown on CNN, miracles will never cease! The second is Akiane's web site. Check it out.

http://tinyurl.com/yxewot

http://www.artakiane.com/akiane_art.htm#

2007/1/20 10:11Profile
allhavsinned

North West England

Re: you have go to watch this!!!!! Akiane video as seen on CNN ( believe it or not !

Well she's an amazing artist and her poems are vivid, I would like to know about her prayer and bible study before I comment on her true spirituality.

On one painting ('divine knowlege') she says how she prayed for 5 months for a full understanding of it, I would be cautious of her work, beautiful as it is, it encourages warm fuzzies but does it draw us nearer in repentance to the One who can wash away our sin?

Sorry, don't want to put a downer on anyone :-(

2007/1/20 11:44Profile
Lotis

Re:

I have read her book and heard much about her. She is awesome :) She is a sign and wonder to believers and unbelievers alike. God uses the simple to profoud the wise. What is wrong about praying about the meaning of the painting for 5 months? (Just curious, I just don't understand why that should be a cause for caution?) He's using the child-like ones like he said he would ;) Jesus is King!

2007/1/20 12:08Profile
kathyclark

Alabama

Re: you have go to watch this!!!!! Akiane video as seen on CNN ( believe it or not !

This story spoke to my husband when not much seems to. I am greatful for her testimony.

2007/1/20 12:54Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

Is there any mention of Jesus on her website, or just continued mentioning of a God, who reveals things to her. I would think that the first revelation would be the name of her Savior.
Wondefull artist, but her theology does not seem to line up with scripture.

Blessings Greg

2007/1/20 13:10Profile
Lotis

Re:

I would assume, since she paints many pictures of Jesus. And one of them happens to be called Prince of Peace. That she understand who Jesus is. She also has one called Father Forgive Them. I'm pretty sure she knows her stuff, although you'd have to speak to her directly rather than judge her by her website :)

2007/1/20 13:16Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

Rom 10:9 because if thou shalt confess with thy mouth Jesus as Lord, and shalt believe in thy heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved:

Believing in God, and being a Christian are not the same thing. Assuming things,relying on our own understanding, is the best way to lose sight of the Truth.
I am not looking for an argument here, just posting my thoughts.
Blessings Greg

2007/1/20 13:24Profile
kathyclark

Alabama

Re:

She's eleven

2007/1/20 15:45Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
I am not looking for an argument here, just posting my thoughts.

Well you are going to get one anyway otherwise you would have left well enough alone.
Quote:
Assuming things

Your words.

Luk 18:16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Remarkable young lady. May the Lord keep her to Himself.

2007/1/20 15:46Profile

What was wonderful about this young woman testimony was that her family was atheist, God was NEVER brought up in their home. Today, they believe in God. Whether they are Christians are not, the very fact that they believe that there is a God is a step in the right direction. We shouldn't jump to conclusions regarding these issues, as God has to first get this family to believe that there is a God and then He can move on to more greater truths, in the meantime, God has shown mercy to this family thru their daughter, isn't that worth shouting about?

In our lives, each and every one of us must go thru a growing period and for some of us *sigh* it has taken many years. But Abraham didn't give up he trusted in the promise that God gave him, even when he was very old yet not receiving any pitter patter of little feet from his wife. Things take time for the full revelation of what God wants to do with us, and in everything there is a season.

I find the ones who critize, including yours truly, are lacking in something or are bitter themselves. Thats why we must bear one anothers burdens, do we know all wisdom, knowledge and understanding? I hope that all of us have the humilty to say, no. Therefore we should be silent in regards to such issues.

In reference to the paintings of Jesus, as wonderfully attractive as those paintings might be of Him, yet we know that our LORD was not desirious in the physical sense. He came not into this world to be beautiful so that people could look upon Him and say, "Isn't He handsome". No, on the contrary, the only attractive thing that Jesus had going for Him was the fact that the Father who was in Him, who abides in secret is the alltogether lovely One. I wrote this here so that we don't get carried away with the idea that Jesus is a handsome man, he was not.

Isaiah 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor attractiveness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

2007/1/20 16:42

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy