Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : re-introduction

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Jouko,

Just popped in on the new http://www.saarnaindexi.net site, this is just wonderful, what a joy it is to see all these things happening.

Can you clear up my foggy geography? Not one of my strong suit's in school.
Is Queensland the ex-colony in Australia that you denote in your member location?
And curious about the distinction of "ex".
Would I be correct in guessing that you are of Finnish descent operating out of Australia?
This may be plain to some, if 'well traveled' applied to many, I would have to be considered 'very ill traveled', barely have crossed the borders of my own state.

2004/2/29 9:33Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re:

Ron would be able to give you the his(s)tory on that better than I ever could, he's got the wisdom and knowledge of the pom history and last but not least, age, that meant in a nice way.
Technically speaking, Australia still is a colony as the Queen is the head with the aid of a Governor-General, but don't tell that to anyone.
Yes, I'm of Finnish descent and more living in Australia hoping to one day be back, if not that's okay. To make it even more twisted, I'm a fellow country man of Lars also and a true Oz with a paper to prove it!
Yes, it's wonderful to have a site for the Finns and I hope to be able to get more Finnish sermons uploaded soon, they are all on tape.
Thanks for the encouragement.
jouko

2004/3/1 7:14Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Jouko writes Ron would be able to give you the his(s)tory on that better than I ever could, he's got the wisdom and knowledge of the pom history and last but not least, age, that meant in a nice way.
Technically speaking, Australia still is a colony as the Queen is the head with the aid of a Governor-General, but don't tell that to anyone.

I was just 6 years old when they gave away India and that reduced the empire by about 80% as regards population. I must admit I have never thought of Australia as a colony, although I know you still have a Governor-General. Here's one for Greg, is the Queen the 'head of state' of Canada? I know that as a child I had an atlas where about 25% of the world was coloured pink to indicate it was part of the British Empire.

BTW for any USA readers, if we say we are sorry could we have Oregon back?

2004/3/1 10:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy