Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : re-introduction

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 re-introduction

Hmm do you reconize me.. yes its still Greg! I have changed my avatar (icon) and also I have changed my site username from "wrtbooks" to "sermonindex." I have been wanting to do that for a long time.. I started off with wrtbooks when I started this site because my focus was still on my book company but know the Lord has put my focus primarly on the SermonIndex Ministry. I have given my online bookstore to Jeremy Husley (he is a bible college student and can use the support) please visit his bookstore at: http://www.wrtbooks.spreadtheword.com
NOTE: the book featured: "The Revival We Need" By Oswald J. Smith is a book I reprinted, its the original 1925 version, and its a powerful plea for revival.

Just for people who don't know I am 24 yrs old and live in Toronto, Canada. I have been a Christian for 7 years and have been attending Knox Presbyterian Church. The Lord has set my heart of spiritual awakening and revival for the body of Christ and I believe this website ministry is helping that desire come to frution. I am currently running this website ministry fulltime and am relying on the Lord to provide for me day to day.

here is my testimony posted on the site:
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=911&forum=44#4755

If you want to know more about me just ask away.. :-P I am humbled to be a part of what God is doing, and He deserves all the glory and honour.

2004/2/28 2:15Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: re-introduction

At first I was wondering how you were able to get your photo so closely animated, I recognized you right off the bat! :-D

Along with wisdom comes age.
Or do I have that inverted?

I could probably draw out quite a few analogies from all this but instead will go with some observations.

Like the new avatar, looks noble and instantly reminds me of a line from one of our favorite Grandads around here;

[i]"To be a Christian, ah, it's a majestic thing my brother"[/i]
~Leonard Ravenhill

I don't think this was an accident either:

Quote:
but know the Lord

What more is there?

Praise God forever.

2004/2/28 10:30Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Along with wisdom comes age.
Or do I have that inverted?

Yea its wishful thinking on my part. I desire and seek after wisdom, and guess what I will get age thrown in for free!

[b]Proverbs 3:13[/b] - Blessed is the man who finds wisdom. the man who gains understanding,

[b]Proverbs 4:8[/b] - Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.

2004/2/28 11:22Profile
Delboy

Worthing UK

Greg, as a new "indexion" I think the site is wonderful keep going1.also thanks for the newsletter However there are more flattering pctures of dear brother Ron (philologos)available!
no seriously,shave the beard! keep the green hat
looking ahead & up
Delboy

2004/2/28 11:59Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Bro. Greg,

I marvel at the zeal for God that you have and the ministry God has given to your stewardship. It is a great encouragement to me. I pray that God sustains you, as you take this ministry full time and gives you the zeal and boldness required to maintain the revival focus of this site. I pray that God would protect you from every hurtful thing. You have chosen to give God the days of your youth-- before those latter days come when we find no pleasure in them. I can so relate to you and others I have read on this forum. I recall one member having the caption "wise men think about death" (?) and I thought... hmmm... I thought only I did that. I feel like I am among friends of a common calling and of a like mindedness to work. It is my prayer that God will use this site to bring back a seriousness to the times in which we live. To our brothers caption I would only add... "It is silly to be laughing all the time, what good does it do to seek only pleasure?" (Eccl. 2:1,2 NLT) Between thinking about death and understanding the fleeting emotions of laughter... we position ourselves to begin to feel (as did the prophets) the very heart of God and the urgency of the hour in which we live.

God Bless,

-Robert Wurtz
Independence, MO

2004/2/28 12:09Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Greg, as a new "indexion" I think the site is wonderful keep going1.

I like that 'indexion' hehe :-D I truly appreciate your comments delboy. One of the first comments I read from you was about you experiencing a blessing in meeting a man of God, the climate and atmosphere that you describe when coming in contact with a man that has had an deeper experience of Christ was a blessing to me. My Spirit beared witness with yours brother, I am very grateful that God has sent you to this site, your participation and fellowship are very much appreciated.

Quote:
also thanks for the newsletter However there are more flattering pctures of dear brother Ron (philologos)available!

hmm will have to see if Ron is willing to do a photo shoot :-P hehe I have spoken to Ron this issue and he has supposed to be getting some other photos of himself to me in the last little while. But I do appreciate his weekly devotionals greatly aside from the picture quailty: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=45&94]Weekly Devotional[/url]

2004/2/28 17:17Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re:

That avatar face reminds me of someone.
Good to have a "twin".
jouko

2004/2/28 17:50Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I marvel at the zeal for God that you have and the ministry God has given to your stewardship. It is a great encouragement to me. I pray that God sustains you, as you take this ministry full time and gives you the zeal and boldness required to maintain the revival focus of this site. I pray that God would protect you from every hurtful thing.

Brother Robert, thank you so much for your encouragements and also participation with this ministry. I was a blessing to speak to you, and hear how the Lord is working. I do covet your prayers for myself and this ministry: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1069&forum=16&2]Praying for SermonIndex.net in 2004[/url]. Yes, I do intend to keep the revival focus of the site and I pray the Lord enables me to do it with His strength, there is persecution and sometime discouragement in seeking after God more than everyone else, but God is calling people apart to himself to be purified, refined and made pure. As stated somewhere else God is raising "John the Baptists" in our day, let them come forth with unction and power.

Quote:
It is my prayer that God will use this site to bring back a seriousness to the times in which we live. To our brothers caption I would only add... "It is silly to be laughing all the time, what good does it do to seek only pleasure?" (Eccl. 2:1,2 NLT)

[b]Luke 6:25[/b] - Woe to you who are well fed now, for you will go hungry. Woe to you who laugh now, for you will mourn and weep.

I agree full-heartly brother that there is a seriousness in the ministry of the Spirit that has been lost. We are willing to treat spiritual matters as if its a game.. as wilkerson says: "This is life or death."

Quote:
That avatar face reminds me of someone.

Jouko.. you are a twin in spirit. I thank you so much for your encouragements and prayers. I encourage everyone to check out the [i]Finnish[/i] SermonIndex!!! I haven't officialy promoted it that much yet.. but you can visit: http://www.saarnaindexi.net and get access to many great teachings and sermons in finnish! Brother Jouko and me have been working together to get it going, and he is been working at it for awhile now. He is a precious brother in New Zealand and has a heart to reach the lost with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Wouldn't it be amazing to have other SermonIndex sites in different languages, Lord have your way. Let your word goes across the earth!

2004/2/28 18:18Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Running out of verbs,
What great reply's here...

A Finnish SermonIndex!

Glory to God.

2004/2/29 0:49Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re:

Thanks to Greg we now have something for the Finnish people in this "eversmallening" world.
There's also some for you funnyspeaking foreigners. Glory to God in the highest.

Greg, you nearly got it right, New Zealand isn't that far away, just a hop over the ocean and a beautiful country it is but nothing beats the middle of Queensland at the moment. It's good to be where the Lord leads you.
Thanking you for your prayers.
jouko

2004/2/29 2:14Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy