SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The wicked church in America

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: the wicked church

Mat 7:21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

[color=6600CC]What is the will of God?[/color]

Jhn 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

2007/1/10 11:47Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

Goldminer wrote:
Mat 7:21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

[color=6600CC]What is the will of God?[/color]

Jhn 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Well said Goldminer. Well said. THAT is the TRUTH of Scripture.

2007/1/10 11:57Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

jay, what do you think of the laodiceans in rev.?

are they God's people?

2007/1/10 12:33Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

It has been fun watching this post, and many wonderful points have been made. May I point out though that "judgement begins at the house of God". Therefore I would ask us to look back at the Old Testament for a moment, and see that though God had judgement stored up for the nations surrounding Israel, His primary concern was the group that was chosen to bear His name and show forth His glory to the world around them. This sadly did not happen, and instead they(Israel) began to emulate the nations they were to be a witness to.
It was at this time that God Himself decided they needed to be judged, and it was by the nations around them like Babylon, and Assyria.
So now since He is God and He changes not, can we assume based on Scripture that He may do something similar today?
We must move away from the idea that "church" is a building that God blesses or builds, or adds to. This has nothing to do with The Church. There are brethren who are in caves right this moment who have not seen another Christian perhaps in their lives, and they are part of The Church. I think if we continue to look at it as a building, then it becomes something that man can and will manipulate, and ultimately corrupt. Yet if we take a Scriptural stand on a "mystical" house made up of living stones, which has Christ for Her King and Head, then we will see the danger and sheer audacity of anyone to do anything to Her without His permission and guidance. We will also begin to see the greatness of Her parts, and have a greater respect for eve the uncomely parts :).
Remember that you cannot attach new cloth to the old, and I think in some ways this applies to how the church is today. For the most part it has become a system controlled by men, and to keep up the "appearance of godliness", they use Scriptures, and make everyone feel warm and fuzzy, "but deny the power therof". Now are all like this? absolutely not, but do all have the danger of becoming like this? absolutely.

2007/1/10 13:10Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
jay, what do you think of the laodiceans in rev.? are they God's people?

I have already stated that Christians can slide into a state of complacency and lukewarmness. They key verse to the Laodiceans is Revelation 3:19, "Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent."

God will not allow the Christians to remain in a state of complacency and lukewarmness. God never has and He never will.

My question is this, 'Would God destroy all seven churches mentioned in Revelation simply because the Laodicean church was lukewarm?'

2007/1/10 13:29Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

roaringlamb wrote:
We must move away from the idea that "church" is a building that God blesses or builds, or adds to. This has nothing to do with The Church. There are brethren who are in caves right this moment who have not seen another Christian perhaps in their lives, and they are part of The Church. I think if we continue to look at it as a building, then it becomes something that man can and will manipulate, and ultimately corrupt. Yet if we take a Scriptural stand on a "mystical" house made up of living stones, which has Christ for Her King and Head, ...

While, even in my own statements, I was clarifying, to some degree, the church as being individuals, I believe there is a difference in "The Body" (which means everybody and the individual), and "The Church." Scripture also states that it is good for followers to come together and fellowship and meet, which is why there is also, "The Church." I believe it is ok for "The Church" to still be classified to a degree of structure and building, because after all, were there not synagoges, and Tents of Meeting all throughout Scripture? Would those not be buildings or structure, or am I mistaken!?

2007/1/10 13:33Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

JaySaved wrote:

My question is this, 'Would God destroy all seven churches mentioned in Revelation simply because the Laodicean church was lukewarm?'

Jay, I believe you might be misunderstanding what some of us are saying. Of course God would not destroy all seven churches for the sins of one church. However, God will still sift through each church and seperate the clean from the unclean.

2007/1/10 13:39Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

But unfortunately, there will be many a church today that would be sifted through and there would be little to none that God would consider 'clean.'

2007/1/10 13:42Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

BenBrockway wrote:
But unfortunately, there will be many a church today that would be sifted through and there would be little to none that God would consider 'clean.'

Ummm.... this might be misinterpreted. Sorry. I just caught it. What I am saying is that there will be many churches where God will divide the clean from the unclean in each church and many who would call themselves "saved", God would call unclean.

I hope that this makes things a bit more clearer.

2007/1/10 13:50Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
a degree of structure and building

Of course there needs to be structure and building, but Christ is the Chief Cornerstone and the Plumline for everything that is built after that. Now as for the synogogues, and Tents of Meeting were they not types of the Spiritual House which is now primarily the individual believer, then corporately within the fellowship of believers?
Remember too that Stephen before his accusers
Acts 7:38 This is he, that was [b]in the church in the wilderness[/b] with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
Interestingly enough the Holy Spirit decided to use the word "ekklesia" here to describe Israel. Why? They were "called out ones", and even before they had any building or structure, they were church, or people.
Stephen also points out to them, "Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands;" Acts 7:48
Even before Israel had the Tabernacle, the nations surrounding Israel had their tabernacles to their dieties. The Tabernacle was a type of Christ, as well as many other types, but I do not believe that it was to be the standard for how people would worship God.
My concern is that a building is made by men, and can be facilitated and upheld long after it has breathed its last. But true fellowship of the saints in the Spirit is never forced or even controlled by men or formulas, and it is always living as its source is living.
Even in Israel the temple became just a place to go do religious duty, and appear to men to be holy, and devout. Yet there were a remnant who truly awaited the coming Messiah. Maybe we will see the same when He comes the second time?

2007/1/10 13:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy