Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Hard sayings of Jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Hard Sayings

... [i]doomed to destruction[/i] isn't it?

Hi brother, you are correct and certainly am not attempting to challenge anything stated quite emphatically. Perhaps I am leaning towards personal responsibility in these things, it just often comes off as something almost 'robotic' to hear things couched in certain terms.

The drawing aspect still leaves me full of wonder and amazement. To try and distill it down too much perhaps a bit of the rub, rubbing me the wrong way. My own case in point experientially would truly make me either a hypocrite or seriously confused the way I have been trying to bring out some questions here. No doubt at all that the life was one of being hunted down by the Lord Himself, a very amazing thing still to this day.

2007/1/12 15:59Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re: Hard Sayings

Quote:
Perhaps I am leaning towards personal responsibility in these things, it just often comes off as something almost 'robotic' to hear things couched in certain terms.

I do understand that. I am personally not advocating that man is robotic and without moral obligation. What I am advocating is the scriptural view that salvation is through the grace of God and is not dependent on anything we do or don't do.

This thread coincides with another thread entitled 'Question concerning your salvation' in which I present the argument:

"Salvation does not occur simply because you choose to believe. Salvation occurs when God in his mercy regenerates your heart and mind thereby enabling you to seek, desire, and believe in Christ."

This is the only position that corresponds biblically to the phrase, [url=http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/0131.htm]"Salvation is of the LORD"[/url]

2007/1/12 16:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy