Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Pride and Anger

I just got an email (but I won't say who its from) and it said this:

Quote:
From reading all your post i must say you are so ignorant. So stupid and Spiritually "immature". You have absolutely no "discernment" what so ever! Your so called understanding of the "scriptures" are so twisted and warped! Your an idiot!

I've written back this:

Quote:
Lets just say that I'm wrong in something I have said...

2 Timothy 2:25
"in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,"

The way that you're approching me tells me you're probably not saved or need help. The bible says that anger is murder in our hearts.

Matthew 5
21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.

1 John: 9-11
9 He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

Spiritual maturity doesn't really have much to do with doctrine- it has more to do with godliness. Even if we differ in doctrine- you shouldn't hate me. I'm a God fearing christian and if you are to you have no reason to hate me in your heart.

I just want to stress something real fast. If we are all Christians even if we have differences we shouldn't have any hatred for one anothers doctrine.

Just recently a friend of mine told me that I was being too harsh in my posts. If I have offended anybody by my reponses that are over "non-essentials" I do apologize. I'm going to do a little clean up. I suggest that if the e-mail sent to me was your heart towards anybody on this site then you need to repent and turn from your sin.

Matthew 5: 23-26
"23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25 Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. 26 Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny."

We should find fellowship in Christ! If we are all Christian then there should be no problem with that.

1 Cor 1
"10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name. 16 Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other. 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect."

2006/12/13 18:33Profile
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re: Pride and Anger

I want to not only point out that it is extremely wrong for whoever wrote this message to gracealone,

I also want to admonish gracealone for not posting the name of the person who sent it to her.

Don't take this e-mail as of every person here, gracealone, even if others disagree with your beliefs as strongly as I do.

I'd rather see one weak in faith and powerless christian(not you specifically gracealone) who enters the kingdom of heaven than 10,000 spirit baptized "biters and devourers" who don't know the love of God.

Mt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them *, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Yes prophesy and casting out devils is for us today, I believe and scripture seems to state pretty clearly to me, as well as the Holy Spirit I walk and talk with. But gifts and works of the Spirit don't satisfy the Father. Fruit satisfies the Father.

1co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

This e-mail probably a mistake made i zealousness and is in all ways forgivable. And no reason to count a persons entire ministry false.

To you also gracealone, I do not hate you, but hope you receive the blessings of God that I have. However, you can write this on the wall of your bedroom.

I HOPE YOUR DOCTRINES ON THE GIFTS GO BACK TO THE DEVIL WHO FORGED THEM.

Why should i be friendly of the devils lies that steals from you and every member of your church around you that depends on the gifts of the spirit in your life for their own edification. Its selfish to not operate in the gifts.

2006/12/13 19:59Profile

Re:

Felt led to post this link. We all should read these lists on our knees.
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13724&forum=45&2]Pride[/url]

[url=http://www.reviveourhearts.com/pdf/1-EvidencesOfPride.pdf]Evidences of Pride[/url]

A very godly preacher once said, "Let your harshest word [i]throb[/i] with love."

2006/12/13 20:26
mamaluk

Re:

Roniya, a mega ditto !!

2006/12/13 20:49Profile

Re: Pride and Anger

Kristy, yowza!
who wrote this to you:

Quote:
From reading all your post i must say you are so ignorant. So stupid and Spiritually "immature". You have absolutely no "discernment" what so ever! Your so called understanding of the "scriptures" are so twisted and warped! Your an idiot!

should seek out a New Testament pastor and ask if they have any demons up in them, and then have the church lay hands on this person and cast them out in the Name of Jesus.

bad stuff, definitely an email from a person who is not walking with Jesus. I would zip this person's email addy to Mike Balog and/or Greg Gordon so they can take appropriate action.

As an aside, I can see from your writings you don't have pentecostal leanings. One thing we have in common is that we both love the film "The Gospel of John"....lol.

But definitely report this person to Mike or Greg, they shouldnt be a member of this forum.

neil

2006/12/13 21:33
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Greetings Gracealone,

As far as I'm concerned, whoever would send you such a email is a coward and definitely of a wicked and vile spirit.
I myself have disagreed to one of your statements in the past, but even that doesn't mean I am right and you are wrong...Sometimes it's just better for me to "walk away", or "turn the other cheek" if I don't understand another. Why engage an arguement. I really believe it is the Spirit that leads us to Truth, not man...but men want a share in that glory. Some people get their kicks being right while making others feel that they are wrong...not for the other's benefit, but for their own "oneupmanship".
I really think these forums are in place so one can learn and grow...but one can't learn and grow when they're haughty...there has been at least one "poster" here lately who has been displaying much attitude...sad...they haven't displayed any good fruit, but sure come across like they know everything...they are just heaping wrath upon themselves sister.
Let us learn in humility and meekness...let us laugh and cry together...we may not see eye to eye on all points of Doctrine...but please pray for me, and I will pray for you.
Let us not let a bitter root come in and defile many, and let us not give the devil a foothold.
In anger, do not sin. Trust God...overcome evil with good...leave the vengenance to Him who knows how to avenge His children.
An evil spirit eventually manifests itself...Be encouaged in the Lord this day sister...We must go through some crazy times, enduring until the end. There are alot of religious demons out there. Beware, the internet is full of them too.
Brotherly love from Canada,
richie

2006/12/14 5:48Profile
mamaluk

Re:

Quote:
I myself have disagreed to one of your statements in the past, but even that doesn't mean I am right and you are wrong...Sometimes it's just better for me to "walk away", or "turn the other..

blessed by it

2006/12/14 9:24Profile

Re:

I agree w/Bartle... forgive the person, but this type of behavior needs to be handled by the admins. It's abusive, and if whoever it is did that to you, they have and will do it to others.

Krispy

2006/12/14 10:08
roadsign

Re: aim for restoration

Now that we’ve all had our chance to hurl darts at the culprit…..

That reminds me: Many years ago when on a worship forum, I received a nasty rebuttal to one of my posts. While overcoming my shock I sat silent, watching a strange drama unfold. The responses flooded in – mercilessly pulverizing this unfortunate fellow. I received PM’s counseling me not to be offended (assuming, of course, that I was) People defended me left and right.

Finally, after a few days, when the dust settled, I PM’d this fellow and asked him what exactly in my post caused him such deep concern. He responded: “Nothing, it’s just that something you said reminded me of Don, and I can’t stand Don.” After that we had a delightful time of sharing one to one.

Foremost: there was something in the whole affair for me. It was sent by God to refine me. I needed to be much more conscious of my wording - and aware of how I come across (still am learning).

Now, in this particular case, I wonder, how would the Lord wish that SI members assist both the recipient and the sender of this hostile PM to move towards reconciliation and personal growth. I feel that they both need a measure of refinement.

Or:
In this case simply ignoring this may have been the best tactic. Don't feed it with all kinds of attention. (remember those playground days?) Let it slip into oblivion, and move on. Dwell on the helpful responses.

Private prayer is far better than recruiting an army and declaring war.

Diane

2006/12/14 10:10Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

diane, your words are filled with wisdom.

God bless you.

2006/12/14 12:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy