Discussion Forum : General Topics : Jeremiah

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Rev. 2:12 “And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write,

‘These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword: 13 “I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan’s throne is. And you hold fast to My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.

Look to what Christ says to this church. "I know your works, and where [b]you dwell[/b], where Satan's throne is. [b]And you hold fast [/b] to My name, and did not deny [b]My faith[/b].

Holding fast because you dwell in Christ, because you have known His faith listen for His promise.

And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” ’

Every stone that He creates has it's own special name, it's own special calling. Those who are given this white stone will be because He has given His faith to them. Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Paul, John, Peter all had that Stone which made them stable in the winds of adversity. This is one of the attributes of Christ when we realize that we are being made one with Him and His Father.

Br. Rahman you wrote:

Quote:
Believe - that you will find Him in His word.

Read - the Scriptures as if you are seeking a treasure.

Do Not Deny - the word of God and what He is trying to reveal to you.

Submit - to Him through His word, He is faithful to give you Himself through His faith.

God has blessed me now with two confirmations. My brother Hua the Vietnamese brother that was slain in the Spirit and you. I have told him, just read the Bible, don't worry about what others say. I have watched him, his passion grows for the word of God each day. His nature changes day from day into the word that is being implanted in his heart. I hear the desire of your heart as well this day.

Amen and Praise the Lord.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/4/16 11:28Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

weirdo's :)

Something endearing about the peculiar... :-)

Rahman, you are just all over the place, so unconventionally... odd. Man I love that.
Still not sure about a lot of this prophetic stuff, 'army's' and 'new moves' and all that language has for awhile now given me a case of the 'willies', that is just in a generally sense and will probably always lean towards caution in things that get cooked up in the laboratory of matter between the ears...

[b]But[/b]...

From what we have learned of yourself here, the things you have been through from the JW's to present times and everything in between... Wonderfully unpredictable, going to have to come visit some day, Lord willing. I love you man.

Quote:
You yourself know that you'll not get much discussion on Jeremiah, and next to none on Ezekiel ...

Well, this a start no? ;-)

To settle back into the serious tone for a moment (it's all sincere mind you). Exploring the counterbalance of scripture and finding those times of comparative thought and shared experience, David and the Psalms for instance...

Scriptures just start coming from all directions (interesting how that applies to both you and Jeff's thoughts)...

2Co 1:6 But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation. If we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which works in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer.
2Co 1:7 Our hope for you is steadfast, knowing that, since you are partakers of the sufferings, so also are you of the comfort.
2Co 1:8 For we don't desire to have you uninformed, brothers, concerning our affliction which happened to us in Asia, that we were weighed down exceedingly, beyond our power, so much that we despaired even of life.

Certainly a difference in our own experience and Paul's but inwardly...

Psa 119:47 I will delight myself in your commandments, Because I love them.
Psa 119:48 I reach out my hands for your commandments, which I love. I will meditate on your statutes.
Psa 119:49 Remember your word to your servant, Because you gave me hope.
Psa 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction, For your word has revived me.

Another regarding 'stones':

Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
2Co 3:3-8

Still trying to find... This is what I was searching for;

Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. Neither [b]murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.[/b] Now all these things happened unto them for [b]ensamples: and they are written for our admonition[/b], upon whom the ends of the world are come.
1Co 10:1-11

And if any verse that has been embedded deeply, it would be the next;

1Co 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

This is well said:
[b]Believe[/b] - that you will find Him in His word.

[b]Read[/b] - the Scriptures as if you are seeking a treasure.

[b]Do Not Deny[/b] - the word of God and what He is trying to reveal to you.

[b]Submit[/b] - to Him through His word, He is faithful to give you Himself through His faith.

Might add somewhere to the mix [b]hide[/b] as in "I have hidden your Word in my heart" so that "out of the heart....."

[b]Endure[/b] what a powerful word.

Ti 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
2Ti 2:3 Thou therefore [b]endure hardness, as[/b] a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
2Ti 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will [b]not endure[/b] sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, [b]endure afflictions[/b], do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Jam 5:11 Behold, we count them happy which [b]endure.[/b] Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

Rahman, can't think of a better fit for you my friend:

I thank my God always, making mention of you in my prayers, hearing of your love, and of the faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all the saints; that the fellowship of your faith may become effective, in the knowledge of every good thing which is in us in Christ Jesus. For we have much joy and comfort in your love, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you, brother.
Phm 1:4-7

Talk about your ranting :-)

2005/4/16 12:36Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: weirdo's :)

Br. Mike quoted:

Quote:
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

All drink from the spiritual Rock that is Christ. Here we see that Christ is the Rock. As we are taught by Christ we will become a rock ourselves. The nature of His life being imparted and learned by us will resemble the same attributes that He has revealed to us. As we follow Him day by day we learn of His faithfulness to us. As time passes we learn to trust Him. It is this trust that He has created in us that overcomes the world and all of the adversity that He promised would occur in the lives who abide in Him. Our Rock is always there for us.

Today again I received a confirmation to stand fast and point all to the word of God. As I have testified before, I was and elder in the church yet I had to leave. The last attempt that I made to reconcile with my pastor was by giving him a copy of Charles Finney's sermon, "God cannot please the sinner." In this sermon Finney speaks of truth and that the witness of that truth is revealed to all men. Now a preacher has a choice. He can choose to tickle the ears of the congregation, yet the sinners conscience will know that the preacher is a fraud. If the preacher speaks the truth, the sinners mind affirms the truth, yet the sinner's heart hates the message.

At that time my pastor would not discuss this sermon with me. So I could no longer serve under a man who would not preach the truth as God has revealed to him. I and my family left for almost a year. Three weeks ago my pastor asked for forgiveness. We have begun attending church once more. However today was a special day.

He was teaching verse by verse in Colossians 1:15-23. In times past he would skip over or explain this particular verse in a certain way. Today he preached the truth.

23 if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

Today my pastor pointed out the word "if." He said that Paul teaches that "if," you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel," [b]you will be saved.[/b]

He went on to discuss reform theology and the quirks of twisting the Scripture. He pointed to a famous and often preached word game that many today practice. One will say,"if one falls away that means he wasn't saved in the first place." How often have we all heard this twist. Yet today my pastor spoke the truth as Paul had written it. Christ is faithful and we have access into all grace [b]by faith.[/b]

My pastor said that faith practiced daily will open the door to Christ and salvation. Today i heard the confirmation again for believeing every word of God. I have seen the fruit of standing firmly on the Rock. Just as Jeremiah was called to stand we too must stand on the Rock. He will not let down for He is able to make us stand.

Stand strong in the Lord for He is our righteousness, He is our Rock.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/4/17 17:18Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: The Rock

Jeff,

How tremendous is this? Truth and reconciliation, that's...what more could you ask for?

2Jo 1:3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
2Jo 1:4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

Another powerful word that one;

[b]If[/b]

A snippet regarding... "The “Why” and “If” of Matthew 19:17-20"

[i]“What lack I yet?” Jesus then instantly presses another “if’: “If thou wilt be perfect . . .” The second “if” is much more penetrating than the first. Entrance into life is through the recognition of Who Jesus is, i.e., all we mean by being born again of the Spirit—“If you would enter into life, that is the way.” The second “if” is much more searching—“If thou wilt be perfect . . .”— “If you want to be perfect, perfect as I am, perfect as your Father in Heaven is”—then come the conditions. Do we really want to be perfect? Beware of mental quibbling over the word “perfect.” Perfection does not mean the full maturity and consummation of a man’s powers, but perfect fitness for doing the will of God (cf. Philippians 3:12-15). Supposing Jesus Christ can perfectly adjust me to God, put me so perfectly right that I shall be on the footing where I can do the will of God, do I really want Him to do it? Do I want God at all costs to make me perfect? A great deal depends on what is the real deep desire of our hearts. Can we say with Robert Murray McCheyne*—“Lord, make me as holy as Thou canst make a saved sinner”? Is that really the desire of our hearts? Our desires come to light always when we press this “if” of Jesus—“If thou wilt be perfect . . .”[/i]

Oswald Chambers

Great things here brother. Thanks.

2005/4/17 18:07Profile
Rahman

Re: Jeremiah

Brother Deltadom,

My young brother in our Lord i want to acknowledge your presence here to let you know you're not overlooked ... i've read your plight and hear your lonliness over there in England and have prayed concerning it/you, especially toward your need of fellowship and concentration on your studies ... Ask Holy Spirit's direction on the former and His peace regarding the latter then just believe for just as in Jesus day it's out "faith" that makes us whole ...

If Holy Spirit directs you back to this thread drink deeply from His rivers of living waters flowing here and spew forth your own as the Spirit gives you utterance "for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" ...

2005/4/18 9:15Profile
Rahman

Brother Jeff you wrote;
"Every stone that He creates has it's own special name, it's own special calling. Those who are given this white stone will be because He has given His faith to them. Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Paul, John, Peter all had that Stone which made them stable in the winds of adversity. This is one of the attributes of Christ when we realize that we are being made one with Him and His Father" ...

Scripture assures us that Holy Spirit only speaks what He hears from heaven, from the Word of God (Christ Himself), Who plainly tells us that all Revelation comes from the Father first, and i hear God speaking to me thru you brother Jeff, for we do live in the dispensation of Him showing Himself via His own, that's why it's so important to be surrendered to His leading, this fact is impacting on me so much more heavily with each passing day to the point that i feel like i'm about to be delivered (birthed, brought forth). it's an amazing sensation as tho what was promised actually is ...

Pondering God's "words" to me (re: my ministry) from so long ago has just recently made me think of when my eldest daughter was born ... Doc told me 7 months in advance, "You're gonna be a dad" ... My wifes belly kept getting bigger with time, i was in essence a potential dad but not in it's fuller sense ... Then soon the anticipation just started to weigh on me, man did i get tired of waiting ... Then there were the false alarms ... And then lo and behold one day her water broke: It won't be long now! ... Then the 20 hrs of labor ... That's where i feel i'm at know, in that 20 hours of labor period, and this is where God's message of the "stone" is having so much meaning to me right now ... What does Christ do with a "stone"? ... We'll according to Peter's designation He builds things on it ... Now of course i know that Peter holds the exclusive designation from Christ of having the Church built upon Him, but i believe Ephesians plainly shows that there are other ongoing areas on which Christ builds upon toward ministry in calling ...

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive" ...

Jeremiah physically was a "called" prophet from even before the womb but he was not born into the spiritual calling of His ministry until such a time as was God's "appointed" time ... i pray that i'm not wrong and may be attempting a Abraham and Sarah (again), but i don't think i am in that like Abraham i'm just to old and tired in spirit right now to be trying to aid God in anything ... The hope i have toward what i've believed all this time as to His promise of " my ministry" He knows has dwindled from the size of a water mellon (when i first heard) down to that of a mustard seed ... i'm holding on by His grace (His ability) alone, via the "words" that i believe i'm hearing Him say to me thru others to just keep the faith because as Holy Spirit said to me a couple of weeks ago ... "Faith IS"! ... You either believe it or you don't! ... By His grace i'm still believing that my ministry's about to be spiritually born into this world! ... How? ... When? ... My only answer to God now is "Thou knowest" ...

After going thru the 7 months (analogy) and all the rest of this spiritual pregnancy i think i'd be quite the fool to give up at labor! ...

Brother Jeff you continued;

"Br. Rahman you wrote:

Quote:
Believe - that you will find Him in His word.

Read - the Scriptures as if you are seeking a treasure.

Do Not Deny - the word of God and what He is trying to reveal to you.

Submit - to Him through His word, He is faithful to give you Himself through His faith" ...

No ... i didn't ... You wrote that! ... i just broke it down with the "bold" to let you know how i heard it ...

You finished;
"God has blessed me now with two confirmations"

Praise the Lord, don't you just love confirmations!!! ... That's what your posts are to me ... Everytime i feel i'm about to let go of what i believe i heard Him say to me so long ago, He'll send me another confirmation to keep on keeping on ... Faith is such a strange thing ... i liken it to a non swimmer having to cross a broad expanse of very deep water to get to the other side, on stepping stones that only appear after you've commited yourself to that forward step" ... For me that has been real scary at times ...

Bless you brother Jeff ... Bless you man !

2005/4/18 9:17Profile
Rahman

Brother Mike you wrote,
"Something endearing about the peculiar...
Rahman, you are just all over the place, so unconventionally... odd. Man I love that.

Bro i'm down with the "endearing about the peculiar" part for i'm prone to gravitating toward such myself ... We've got a godly "peculiar" praying woman in our church named "Mother White" whom i love. She was also once loved by pastor and his wife but her type of holiness has become passe in the "new" church ...

i'm not sure what you mean by "all over the place" (but i know it's good) ... But if you mean in my comparisons of myself with OT saints that's Holy Spirit's way of prompting me on ... Early in my salvation i heard Him say two things to me, "I will make you My spokesman first to My Church and then to the nations" and "When your ministry takes off it will take a multitude with it" ... As you know that's been quite a while ago, i've tried to deny it but i know that there's something more, what i call His ultimate purpose for my life, that i haven't got to yet ... i sense that this time has been my/ministry's prep time, like a baby forming in the womb waiting for that glorious day of coming forth into the world ... So yes like Moses i feel like i'm on the backside of the dessert, and like Abraham to old to ever see Isaac, and like Jacob spinning my wheels for a promise that i had all along had i realized it the first time i was at Bethel and like Joseph trying to make sense of His dreams to me but He's got me in prison ... It's taken me a long time to surrender to His will, way and timing, to the point that as with Paul and Silas i can now sing praises in this wait ... As soon as i got that under my belt He's begun a new movement in my life ... This thread that you don't even remember starting i believe was put here directly by Him for me for this particular crucial time in the birth of my ministry ... i'm sure it's also put here for you, brother Jeff and anyone else our Lord has it in mind for but i see His provision for me and i pray others see it that way also ... It's like on my job where i've told my bosses that as long as God has me assigned to work here they can rest assured that money will come in because this is His way of provision for me ... They make a joke out of it but no one can tell me otherwise for i know that i'm "called' according to His purpose and am provided for from His riches and glory ... i'm a child of the King!

Now as to your loving "the unconventionally odd" in me ... You might not if you were me ... If i had my rathers there would have been a time when i would have traded it all in for just being a "church mouse", but now that i'm past so much, especially of "self", the uncomfortableness of "oddity" just doesn't matter to me anymore ... As i've stated previously, "i've been either under strong satanic delusion, or divine inclusion" ... As of this year including confirmations from this thread, i'm convinced it has to be the latter ... My spiritual spider senses tell me that God's about to reveal which i've been/am to me and the world ...

You continued;
"Still not sure about a lot of this prophetic stuff, 'army's' and 'new moves' and all that language has for awhile now given me a case of the 'willies', that is just in a generally sense and will probably always lean towards caution in things that get cooked up in the laboratory of matter between the ears. From what we have learned of yourself here, the things you have been through from the JW's to present times and everything in between ... Wonderfully unpredictable" ...

You! ... Try being one that hears/sees such things ... You have no idea how unnerving my Christian walk has been coming out of a staid, stoic, no movement of the Holy Ghost period invironment, to actually learning of Holy Spirit via Pentecostalism then hearing Him in a way that's made me (and others) question my sanity on a number of occasions ... It's one thing to be numbered amongst the peculiar, but when you're peculiar even to the peculiar that's a whole "nother" story ... What's weird tho is i never hear/spout anything promoting "health" or "wealth" just "repentance" via Joel's prophecy and for that i'm concidered fanatical? ... Professed "words" from God have nothing to do with your salvation brother Mike especially if you're living righteously, so if you don't believe you don't believe, there's a lot going forth that i don't believe either ... But when things coincide with what i do believe i'm hearing from God (to repent and get right) i take notive, especially when a word speaks to my weariness in taking heart to keep on standing ... My spiritual spider senses tell me that we're on the verge of such an unprecedented moving of the Spirit of God that will come out of unprecedented cataclism taking most unawares ...

You continued;
"going to have to come visit some day, Lord willing. I love you man"

Dude i truly believe that there's no way possible that our Lord is not gonna provide/promote some type of SI conference/meeting or whatever He may direct brother Greg to call it to where SI members can come together ... SI is powerful, and i know satan hates it ... i've often thought about what a meeting it would be amongst SI'ers ... There are things we may all disagree on but the majority of us agree on this: "That Jesus Christ is God, is the Son of the Father, and is the only way to salvation! ... Many do not see it but this SI forum, tho not perfect, is doing a worldwide work that can not be done by a denomination, single or even conglomerate of churches ... There are folk all over this globe talking to others about what's being talked about on these forums and it doesn't matter whether the feedback is pro, con, or indifferent if it's about God's Word it never returs to Him void, and that's all that matters ... Amen ... i love you too bro ... i've read your testimony, we both know about running from Him don't we? ...

This portion of scripture you quoted ...

"Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ" ... 1Co 10:1-11

... coincides with these scriptures that have been going thru my head recently ...

"Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink ... Num.20:8

Isn't it amazing that God first struck the Rock to bring forth His crimson flood that we might be washed clean in and become partakers of the Blood of the Lamb which afterwards gives us the right to speak to the Rock whenever we want to in reception of our life giving flow of the Holy Spirit and all that He has to offer ... It was in my speaking/praying to the Rock that Holy Spirit gave me this scripture as my life verse ...

Jer. 33:3 - Call unto me and I will answer thee and i will tell you great and mighty things thou knowest not ...

i recieved it and believed it but had no idea what i was really in store for ... If you "call" God, especially when He tells Holy Spirit to tell you to, He's waiting for those calls because He wants to hear from you, to see if you'll believe past all else to do so ... that's diligence ... and He just longs to answer diligence ... He spoke this to me a little while ago ... "No one wants to hear about your dreams while they're yet dreams, but when the dreams come true everybody will want to hear ... Abandonning the pure waters that flow from our speaking to the Rock by so many in His Body is what has our Lord so sad ... So many of us have traded in His fountain for the cyanide laced Kool-Aid of charlatans, false prophets and snake-oil salesmen ... God sent Jeremiah to a people that He already knew would not be reachable, but He sent Him anyway and Jeremiah went ... That's why like Jeremiah my prayer has become the same as his ...

"O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters. Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. Behold, they say unto me, Where is the word of the LORD? let it come now. As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day; thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right before thee. Be not a terror unto me: thou art my hope in the day of evil. Let them be confounded that persecute me, but let not me be confounded: let them be dismayed, but let not me be dismayed: bring upon them the day of evil, and destroy them with double destruction" ... Jer. 17:13-18

A couple of weeks ago at a house prayer service our Lord gave me a "word" thru a brother that was most heartining in regards a "new season/change of terrain" for me, out of Jer. 40:4 ...

"And now, behold, I loose thee this day from the chains which were upon thine hand. If it seem good unto thee to come with me into Babylon, come; and I will look well unto thee: but if it seem ill unto thee to come with me into Babylon, forbear: behold, all the land is before thee: whither it seemeth good and convenient for thee to go, thither go" ...

i chose to leave (where He's had me) to going on with the captain of the gaurd (whom i see as Holy Spirit) straight into Babylon (the beginning of confusion) herself into whatever ministry He has for me there ... i've been physically born, for He's known me even in my mothers womb ... i've been spiritually born, for i'm predestined and called ... But my ultimate purpose, His ministry for me, i believe right now to be in birthing, the crown of it's head showing thru, i'm about to be a father in the fuller sense ...

John.7:38 says "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water" ...

The only thing that brings me real pleasure is talking about God ... Talking about God is "living water" ... A "stone" is just a piece of the "Rock", and i pray "the Rock" that now is His time for Him to speak to my belly ...

Amen brother Mike ... Having done all to stand, stand somemore! ... "Endure" indeed is such a powerful word ...

"Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ" 2Ti 2:3 ... Amen

2005/4/18 9:29Profile
Rahman

Brother Jeff you wrote;
"Today again I received a confirmation to stand fast and point all to the word of God. As I have testified before, I was and elder in the church yet I had to leave. The last attempt that I made to reconcile with my pastor was by giving him a copy of Charles Finney's sermon, "God cannot please the sinner." In this sermon Finney speaks of truth and that the witness of that truth is revealed to all men. Now a preacher has a choice. He can choose to tickle the ears of the congregation, yet the sinners conscience will know that the preacher is a fraud. If the preacher speaks the truth, the sinners mind affirms the truth, yet the sinner's heart hates the message.

At that time my pastor would not discuss this sermon with me. So I could no longer serve under a man who would not preach the truth as God has revealed to him. I and my family left for almost a year. Three weeks ago my pastor asked for forgiveness. We have begun attending church once more" ...

Success! ... Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!

2005/4/18 9:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy