Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

mega wrote:
In all due respect I would be careful when accusing the brethren of not hearing from God, it says in

1 Corinthians 1:27: But God has put the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty.

While I agree with what you say here, in part, mega, the fact remains that there is a responsibility for those who hear from God to weigh words that are expressed as "words form God", in light of the revelation that they have received, from the [b]W[/b]ord of God.

[blockquote]
"Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
[b](1 Co 14:29-33)[/b]
[/blockquote]

Criticism of "revelation" is the responsibility of the discerning. To not do it, is to be irresponsible.

Quote:

Keep sharing your revelations brother because when ever we are wrong the Lord always will open our eyes to the truth, this is what this site is about. Don't allow anyone to say you don't hear from God, that is just lacking in grace and understanding on their part. God Bless. :-)

I once heard David Pawson tell a story of a lady who stepped forward in a meeting to deliver a word of prophecy, and that he discerned in his spirit that it wasn't a true word from God. He then noticed that no one commented on it. He went to the elder of the church, and told him about it, and explained the basis of his claims. He told the elder that if he didn't tell the lady, then he would do it himself.

The lady came up to him after the meeting and said, "I hear that you told the elder that the prophecy I delivered wasn't from God." to which Pawson replied, "That's right." The lady went on to thank him, because it was the first time that she had done so, and she was afraid of getting it wrong. Pawson's rebuke gave her reassurance that if she got it wrong, someone cared enough to allow God to use them to tell her, and so she resolved to be available if God so desired to use her in the future.

We're all on a learning curve, and we can all use someone to watch our back. I know that I have appreciated it in the past.

2006/11/19 0:19Profile
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re:

I am excited at the topic of discussion, i have definitely re-evaluated my first post in this thread. I have somewhat prayed and meditated on the topic and will very soon do a study on the topic to bring the confidence in my theory that i should have had at first. I will try to post later tonight!

2006/11/19 0:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy