SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dealing with an unclean spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Thanks for you post, Matt. The Lord has been impressing this truth upon my heart in the past few days.

Right now the situation is whether we should at all get near the guy. Sometimes, like Satan, who is the angel of light, he acts so nice and composed, as if he holds nothing against us. But I know he has not repented, not acknowledged his sin. The evil spirit is messing with his mind. I also know that the Lord told us to dust off our feet, if the guys didn't want to listen to us. But can he listen?

I wonder whether it does matter if the person wants to be free from that bondage, if he has control over his will whatsoever; whether we can at all trust him--say to take him to a church and pray over him for deliverance; whether we should undertake anything at all?

I know this is in the Lord's hands. And we trust no man, but God alone. We are going on a fast and praying for direction. Thank you all for your prayers.

In Christ,
Slav

P.S. I do believe that only people with prior experience--and we are by no means such--can help us here. May the Lord give us discernment.

2006/12/8 17:16
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

There are those who say they are believers Matt who are none of His.
Yes, one cannot serve two masters at the same time...how true this is.
As well, many call themselves believers who are not led by the Holy Spirit but by selfish lusts, etc. But these still go to church, tithe, perform religious activities, having a form of godliness... The word "believer" is used "very loosely" in western Christendom...
We are commanded to pray lest we fall into temptation...We are not to give the devil a foothold into our lives...we are not to put stumbling blocks or an occasion to fall in his brother's way(Romans 14:13).
Some don't believe you can fall away from the faith...maybe you are one of those who don't believe this.
Also, "Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme." -1Tim 1:20(kjv)
Paul knew about administering church discipline.
A "believer" who is deceived into thinking he can harbour even one sin and disregard the other 99 so to speak does let the devil gain entrance into his life...for sin is of the devil, and one cannot heap fire into his lap and not expect to get burnt. We must guard against sin because it can destroy.
"But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?" - Acts 5:3 (kjv) Here is a man who thought he was part of the church, but could live however he wanted with his secret sin...and it was exposed.
I am trying to give the whole picture here in the very little time I have. God willing, I'll return later...
richie
If you don't care to hear it, just let me know...

2006/12/8 18:00Profile

Re:

Here is a verse that the Lord gave me:

"But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ." 2 Corinthians 11:3

2006/12/8 18:56
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Amen, this too, is a good verse:

Quote:

NotMe wrote:
"But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ." 2 Corinthians 11:3

The Lord obviously loves His children and gives His children many, many warnings that are recorded in the Holy Scriptures.....men of faith who were led to record as the Holy Spirit moved them. Paul was divinely gifted by God for the work the Lord called him to do amongest the gentiles. All of his writings were inspired by God for God's people...the timeless words of God that will last forever...living Words that need to be taken very seriously without adding to and without taking away lest...
North America probably has more bibles than that in the entire world...but many of its readers choose to live for themselves disobeying the greatest commandment to Love the Lord.... instead of being influenced by the Word and the Spirit, are influenced by the world, the devil, and are slaves to their fleshly appetites they choose not to put to death.
"Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition: but of them that believe to the saving of the soul." - Hebrews 10:38-39 (kjv)
Giving reign to any sin is giving the devil reign in your life as far as I'm concerned...growing in Godliness, not wickedness. We are to be God's temple which is to be holy.
"And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will" - 2Tim 2:26 (kjv)
"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry." - 2Tim 4:3-5 (kjv)
"But, if you love your own soul, make a true representation of your state to yourself." - William Gurnall and Paul said, "Examine yourselves..."
richie

2006/12/9 3:47Profile
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re:

notme

you just gave a wonderful verse in the debate about once saved always saved. Also against those who say that if you leave christ, you were never truly saved to begin with. Both fallacies proven by scriptures. Very good scripture

Thank you. Continue what your doing. With such a heart for change you will do well.. I see that you are following the proper leadings as well. There are many leaders out there, just like there are many mechanics. I wouldn't take my car to any random mechanic. I certainly wouldn't take my soul to any random minister.

God bless you slav. Thank you !!

2006/12/9 4:36Profile

Re:

The Lord showed me last night that I was not ready to give up my life for him. I was not ready to die for him this very day for the sake of righteousness. I was holding on to my life, making sure to remind God that my life was my most precious gift and He shouldn't take it away. But my life is hid with Christ... To me life is Christ, and death is gain. I have been away from my dorm for two nights now, having been threatened by a guy who lives down the hall from me. Yet I know that the Lord is in control and that unless He gives the guy power over me, he can never hurt me.

We were talking with my friend last night about King David and his trials and tribulations. It's amazing how only in such times--when we are forced to lean on the Lord's understanding and give up all strength for His strength to be made perfect in us--we realize how far away we are from him, how our godly devotion has turned into a game... I thought I could not fast consistently. I thought I couldn't let go of some "little" sins. But in the last few days, when I have been forced to fear for my life, the Lord has shown me that with Him all things are possible: to have a clean heart, to fast, to pray... without a hint of doubt, and most of all that His faithfulnes endures forever.

And the police and the campus safety seem to be under the deception of the prince of the power of the air, not doing anything. But the Lord is our refuge, the horn of our salvation! How telling that everybody--all the sleepy Christians around us--have been terrified, but my brother and I have been rejoicing all the while. By faith, it is indeed impossible to please God, because we have to believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

I encourage you, brethren, to seek the Lord's will for your lives. Do not be foolish!

Persecuted in Christ,
Slavyan

2006/12/9 9:15
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re:

Slav,

I want to admonish and encourage you to keep a humble heart in the circumstance you are in. Truly it appears much of your life is in turmoil right now. There is a lot of new and unusual things happening with your life in every aspect. It is a mistake to try to grab hold of these changes with a mind of human understanding. Don't think yourself something special because you are being persecuted. Truly, all that will live godly iin Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Now, humble yourself to the lord, this storm could be a blessing to you, but if you get puffed up and hasty with your actions or decisions, you could easily be damaged by it. Be careful to seek God humbly in each decision you make. Let God make the changes in you, don't do it by your own power or wisdom.

"He that hasteneth his feet sinneth." Don't be hasty or haughty, but let patience have its perfect work in you.

God bless

matt

2006/12/9 18:03Profile

Re:

Brethren,

Thank you ALL for your prayers and exhortations. The Lord used you powerfully in my situation to bring about His purposes.

I have been busy with final exams this past week and that is why I have not updated you on my situation. I will say more when I am free from time constraints. One thing I will say though: my friend and I have been reconciled and closer than ever before. The Lord did it all for His good pleasure. I cannot describe His faithfulness and goodness. It humbled me so.

I will tell you more.

In Christ,
Slavyan

P.S. He who has been forgiven much loves much.

2006/12/15 12:17
prologue

Re: Dealing with an unclean spirit

John MacArthur on the subject:
http://www.gty.org/files/audio_qna/mp3/demonization.mp3

Also, to me it seems like the guy is just clowning around. I mean if he's like 18 years old or so... if he was 40 or something it'd be weird.
also drugs or former drug use may play a part in his behaviour. Just my thoughts, I could be wrong...

I remember someone saying: Does the Bible teach that Christians need to be concerned about demons and about casting out demons?

Also, I believe we should try to mature in Christ instead of "blaming" demons for every problem

2006/12/16 12:43Profile

Re:

Quote:
I mean if he's like 18 years old or so... if he was 40 or something it'd be weird.

Please don't dismiss this on account of his alleged age. An 18 year old can be just as susceptible to demons as a 40 year old; also I know some 40 year olds that "clown around" more than most 18 year olds. There's a good chance that age really has nothing to do with this case. Most often it doesn't.

2006/12/16 13:00

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy