SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why are Message Boards so serious all the time???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

tpique1 wrote:
I thought this was called the "LOUNGE" too by the way. What else do you do in a Lounge??

Sheesh, this is sad.

Good riddance, man.

Gee I don't know, how about kick the cat, insult the host, and put a bullet in the television, becaue you don't like the show everyone's watching? Man, can I come round to your place tomorrow? I'd like to check out your longue ;-) (Meow).

Quote:

And before you say I'M being judgmental or that I just don't get it- I'm not "serious" about God-let me just say a friendly: HA!, go back and read some of you guys' posts. You do a pretty good job of spreading that around amongst yourselves pretty good.

Your like the dude who went to the missions conference and said, "You know what your problem is? You just don't spend any time focusing on reaching the world for Christ."

But is this will make you happy:
Two blind men walk in to a bar.
(You thought the first would have warned the second)

PS - Watch you're step.

2006/11/11 8:51Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

kdbutton wrote:
I find adult whining humorous :-) 8-)

Now that IS funny!!! (Too bad about the "riddance". Aparently it is "good")

2006/11/11 8:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
Can't draw conclusions?? You guys' last few posts proved my point exactly. Talk about self-righteous.

Mind if I draw a conclusion about you? You're judgemental. You have judged us as self-righteous without knowing anything about us.

Now personally... I find that funny! lol

Krispy

2006/11/11 10:05
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: What is it...

Hi Ian,

Nothing on this planet is as endearing an attribute than sheer honesty.

Quote:
Online that's different, I can be an intelectual online, I can say things that are broadly judgemental or proud and there is a DISCONNECT.

Almost... ;-) Think you have proved an earlier point here, that this is far much more than a handful of believers sitting around discussing the weather and politics so to speak. As odd and unorthodox as it may seem have found likewise the same convictions over time from our own Brethren that challenge us, from new thinking of previous predeterminations and most importantly from the Holy Spirit who believe it or not is present even in the midst of such a seemingly impossibility.

Have stated this many times in the past, but this with the obvious exceptions is very much a church in it's organic understructure. Note how really there is no central headship other than the Lord Himself. The moderators hopefully most often attempt to keep peace and keep out the unruly but are learning along with everyone else when it comes to the deeper truth's of the Lord. Their is spiritual authority that I have couched as an evidence, not as a title, it is noticed without having to draw attention to a name or names, a given, an understanding.

We have both pastors and the laymen, student's and teachers, old and young in both fleshly matter and spiritual durations. Across the states and across continent's. All walks, different cultures and various upbringings. Quite the melting pot of thought. Words convey meaning and meaning converts or express truth's in this setting and those truth's transform and bring change. Hanging around this place and partaking and absorbing all that goes on and through, sharing and working out our faith with the underlying fear and trembling ... it can go unnoticed just how the Holy Spirit is working behind the scenes. One could go along certainly faking their way through with [i]great swelling words of vanity[/i] for a spell, but that illusion sooner or later gets exposed, not always because of a 'superior' discernment amongst the Brethren (Though there is that discernment) but I believe because of the Holy Spirit's presence evidenced in the believers and because He is here, through the scripture, through the minds and through the heart that ones recourse is either to acknowledge or spurn that which is brought to bear by the exposure of which each individual knows inwardly, the epitome of;

1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

One of the most amazing things here is the blending of different constructs of real Christian thought. It is really bereft of denominational thinking, though it draws from many. The cross section of different ages, different preachers, sermons, messages, different expressions, so vast, so challenging. It is neither clique'-ish except perhaps if one must, the emphasis on revival and drawing on holiness (what a grand difference of understanding is contained in that powerful word). To retrace the old paths is not to romanticize the past but to regain our footing, seek out that which was lost and has been waning in this modern era. "Apostolic" need not be nor mean 'dogmatic' nor legalistic, nor a treasure chest that belongs to the elite and everyone else is outside the pale. It is more grounded in just that profound grappling with the heart, with the truth thereof, it boils down to just sheer honesty in the shorn place, inwardly.

Feeling strangely 'eloquent' or poetic if it is either of those things this morning. The heart strangely warmed to express all this in this way. Yesterday left with praise after reading some sharing between good brothers and how my heart thanked God for their presence and participation here. Has the Lord sent them here? Oh there is no doubt. And the ladies, ah ... precious sisters.

Will admit to times where the ire or the dander gets up to hear the surface skimming and pronouncement of just 'what this place is' as it was misunderstood for instance by this post itself. But misunderstanding is part and parcel of this style of communication and patience is one of the great challenges in writing in this fashion. Just as well, presumptions are highly dangerous throughout life and something that is often dashed to the ground here, that even without the effort of the saints, only time spent traveling the corridors of all that is available here making it's own truth known.

There is the greatest of opportunity to get a true spiritual education in this place and I ought to know, being a student. ;-)

Ian, bless you for allowing all this to come forth off of your honesty. Many of us have done similarly, recognized our own hypocrisy by having our words repeated back into our own hearing, changing our mind and every so often even allowing that to be expressed back to all the saints as you have done. It is a beautiful and wonderful thing and very endearing to this soul, how pride destroying it is, how much more of this kind of forthcoming is needed as the perfect antidote for that poison.

2006/11/11 10:07Profile

Re:

Anyone remember the April Fools joke I did on here a couple years ago? I'm sure Mike does if he thinks hard enough. I still think it was funny, but in retrospect it was maybe a little inappropriate. It wasnt anything bad... just inappropriate.

There are forums out there that are serious, and there are forums out there that are not so serious. You may find this hard to believe, but I'm a social butterfly... I love people, and I love to make people laugh. But when I come here I do so because I want to talk about serious things. There is occasion for friendly banter back and forth thru-out conversations, but the topics are serious.

If you want to have joking and fun, go to a Christian forum that is set up for that.

You wouldnt ride your bike down a 8 lane super highway, would you? (... maybe you would, I dont know) Nor would you drive a Harley on a mountain bike trail. I dont take my wife's van out thru the field when I'm deer hunting... I drive my Jeep or my truck.

See what I mean? There are different avenues for different things. This is a forum that caters to serious issues. Go find a non-serious forum if thats what you're looking for.

But to draw conclusions about me as a whole person based on what you read here is rather foolish. You only see one part of me... and believe me... I wear many many different hats.

So... If you wanna discuss some serious topics, come and be a part of whats happening here. Who knows... you might learn something.

Krispy

2006/11/11 10:20
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
I find that funny!

It is said,
“When a person can no longer laugh at himself, it is time for others to laugh at himself.”

The goal: We aim to get him to him laugh at himself. This does marvels! It's not about mocking the pathetic, or sending him cowering into a cave, but about edifying.

We teach our kids:

It’s okay to laugh WITH someone, but not AT someone.

I guess it would be good to proceed with caution, lest we end up looking hilarious with that timber in our eye.

Diane

2006/11/11 10:25Profile

Re:

Diane... I was trying to make a point... with a follow up in the post that followed. Put 'em together and you will see that I wasnt mocking him.

All things in context, sister.

Krispy

2006/11/11 10:35
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro KJ

Quote:

KingJimmy wrote:
I didn't get to play in sandboxes as a child. Snakes, ticks, and germs live in there.

man what kinda sand boxes were you playing in!? :-P

2006/11/11 10:38Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
But to draw conclusions about me as a whole person based on what you read here is rather foolish. You only see one part of me... and believe me... I wear many many different hats.

Not to use our brother as a poster boy for ... Ah, why not! :-P Hardly can I think of a better example of patience and misunderstanding than Krispy. Point's where there was practically a calling for his head on a platter and it gives me chills to recall not the post so much that he mentions (I do recall it) but the one he didn't. It was one of this similar sheer honesty that I mentioned that changed everything. Some of it was his own forthcoming but would say the greater part was in the shattering of many an illusion of presumption on our parts.

Another great heart I thank God for.

2006/11/11 10:39Profile
roadsign

Re: many hats?

Quote:
I wasnt mocking him.

Of course you weren’t. Pardon my haste in grabbing a quote to make a point.

Quote:
I wear many many different hats.

Now this must look really funny! Hope you don't mind if I laugh. :-P
Diane

2006/11/11 10:43Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy