SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why are Message Boards so serious all the time???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Santana

Re:

I just have one question for you Tpique1.

Why couldn't the pony sing?
Because he was a little hoarse.

I'm a corny joker and maybe I joke too much. I come to this site because it sobers me up. I come here with my serious questions and I love the discussions. Did Jesus have a sense of humour? I'm pretty sure. But he knew there was a time and place for everything.

2006/11/10 17:41Profile
kdbutton

Re:

I find adult whining humorous :-) 8-)

2006/11/10 18:33Profile
HeartSong

Re: Why are Message Boards so serious all the time???

Quote:
Imagine a little kid wanting to go to the park only to find 5 acres and a little bitty sandbox!

Consider the treasure that might be found in that bitty sandbox!

2006/11/10 20:09Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I didn't get to play in sandboxes as a child. Snakes, ticks, and germs live in there.

2006/11/10 22:23Profile
Compton

Re:

:-P

2006/11/10 22:28Profile
Compton

Re:

...I mean :cry:

2006/11/10 22:31Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Why am I so serious?

I must confess something. Calling me the black sheep of my Christian community would be no small understatement. I've caused more trouble for my leaders than almost all the rest of the members combined. This is in no small part due to my tounge, and my lack of discernment.
I've often been vocally judgemental, critical, back-biting, self-seeking, proud, arrogant and hurtful to others in my speech.
In my community of faith, I know not to open my mouth, even if I know what comes out is true, because often it doesn't come out with love, but comes out with the sting of hatred, jealousy or discord.
Online that's different, I can be an intelectual online, I can say things that are broadly judgemental or proud and there is a DISCONNECT. You see, as much as I type, we are not in a relationship that creates truthfulness and openess, there is a wall... and I can wear any mask that I want. Instead of sounding judgemental about a certain topic, I can put on a tone of concern that would not be available in a face to face conversation.
I hadn't commented in the forum for a couple days after posting on Ted Haggard, because I realized that with my own testimony I wasn't anywhere near a place where I could condemn him. Not to say that I am involved in homosexuality, but there is a very real dark place in my heart that I am more than aware of. In fact I found this website in my search for more information about the process of sanctification.
I can only be the judge for myself, but for me, many of my posts have been critical, or serious, when I myself had no right to comment on such things... I have been rebuked of one thing, and that is hypocracy.

I suggest that everyone listen to Zac Poonen's message Basics - Hypocracy, when I searched my heart, I recognized so many places where I had fallen short.

2006/11/11 0:57Profile
Compton

Re:

Bro, you bring up a really worthwhile issue to talk about.

(Edit: I am interested in reading and learning from the feedback.)

Welcome back Ian.

MC

2006/11/11 1:47Profile
roadsign

Re: We need more humor around here!

Quote:
Good riddance

I drive in the slow lane, so I’m just catching up to say, “Good-.... “... wait a-minute... I just remember something my dad taught me when I was a kid. He said:

“When there’s something not right, most people say, “They should do something about it… or Somebody should...” But there are the few who say, “There’s something not right here, and I will do something about it!”

I suppose you are long gone, and the dust is settled. But, if you should happen to take a peek here, I’d like to suggest my dad’s philosophy: Be a pioneer of good humor. Jesus himself did that. Have you ever though how silly a log in somebody’s eye would look – … never mind trying to take a dust particle out of someone else’s eye at the same time? I’d love to see a cartoon of that. It would make ideal front-page material on SI.

Humor is not my gift, but a little might rub off on me, if I were to be exposed to it. After all, it's catchy! Care to come back and offer your talent?

Diane

2006/11/11 7:21Profile
kdbutton

Re:

When is baseball mentioned in the bible?

In Genesis...

In the BIG INNING God created the heavens and the earth! :-D

2006/11/11 7:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy