SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : THE CHURCH HAS NO TEARS! by brother Greg

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Lord give us tears.

Amen! I thought of the hymn:

[b]BRINGING IN THE SHEAVES[/b]
Knowles Shaw (1874)

Sowing in the morning, sowing seeds of kindness,
Sowing in the noontide and the dewy eve;
Waiting for the harvest, and the time of reaping,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

Refrain

Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves,
Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves,

Sowing in the sunshine, sowing in the shadows,
Fearing neither clouds nor winter’s chilling breeze;
By and by the harvest, and the labor ended,

Refrain

Going forth with weeping, sowing for the Master,
Though the loss sustained our spirit often grieves;
When our weeping’s over, He will bid us welcome,

Refrain

2006/11/3 12:44Profile
davidt

Re: THE CHURCH HAS NO TEARS! by Greg Gordon

Yeah, I think one we have to get over our self deceptive self sufficiency. Two we need to suffer and crucify the flesh with its passions because it does not want to weep. The truth is there and shining and yet even Christians want to hide from the light, or tares. And, let us not forget these words are to us!

2006/11/3 12:51Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Quote:

Quote:
Moreover, its hard to weep and be angry and bitter at the same time at sinners. We can't call fire down on them and beg God for mercy for them in the same breath. that is two 'spirited' or double minded as we would know it. It's easy to get angry and almost want to beat the people into the Kingdom. Or get desperate and overstep the ways and means with which the heart of God calls sinners to repent. We need to check our own spirits if we can't weep for the lost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brother Wurtz,

What you stated in this quote is very precious and important. I was going to address this area as an afterthought. I firmly believe this is a pivitol problem found in many zealous servants of Christ that are desiring even to see revival and hell-fire preaching. Oh the lack of tears speaks of our hidden shame. I have found myself being fustration and angry towards sinners in some of my evangelism attempts and God spoke softly to me "do you weep?" could "you weep with this anger in your heart?". The obvious answer is no! They are 2 different spirits. Oh to have a holy anger against sin is something precious but how many of us have the counterfeit.

Lord give us tears.

This VERY important!!! The Lord has dealt with me personally on the same thing. I don't preach if I don't have tears. We need to see things in the light of eternity and through the eye of Jesus.

2006/11/3 13:46Profile
death2self

Washington DC area

Re:

Quote:
Moreover, its hard to weep and be angry and bitter at the same time at sinners. We can't call fire down on them and beg God for mercy for them in the same breath. that is two 'spirited' or double minded as we would know it. It's easy to get angry and almost want to beat the people into the Kingdom. Or get desperate and overstep the ways and means with which the heart of God calls sinners to repent. We need to check our own spirits if we can't weep for the lost.

Thank you for sharing this nugget. So true. Have you ever tried to earnestly pray for someone but there was anger or judgment in your heart? I have and it felt like I was praying in a box. A very small box where the heavens were brass. It's a very difficult place to pray because there must first be repentance and a cutting off of the anger and the judgments against others.

The prophets of old knew but for the grace of God they were just like those they prayed for. Here's a couple of examples to illustrate the point:

Exodus 34:9 (Moses) And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O LORD, let my LORD, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiffnecked people; and [b]pardon our iniquity and our sin[/b], and take us for thine inheritance.

Jeremiah 16:10 And it shall come to pass, when thou shalt shew this people all these words, and they shall say unto thee, Wherefore hath the LORD pronounced all this great evil against us? or [b]what is our iniquity?[/b] or [b]what is our sin that we have committed against the LORD our God?[/b]

Isaiah 59:12 For our transgressions are multiplied before thee, and [b]our sins[/b] testify against us: for [b]our transgressions[/b] are with us; and as for [b]our iniquities[/b], we know them;

I'm not advocating sinning by any stretch but there is an identification here that is missing, at least at times in my own heart.

I praise God for the gift of tears. Would we be willing to weep if it meant we were scorned?

2006/11/3 15:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I had pointed out to me 3 minor mistakes in the arcticle which I have changed! both on the text and the pdf, you can download the updated version here or at the first post of this thread:

The Church Has No Tears.

2006/11/3 15:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here are some responses of the article that was posted on revivalschool.com:

Quote:

I am praying I am weeping...my nation is sliding under.....I call the Whitehouse... I email religious leaders....on halloween night as the bowels of hell laughed with delight and more innocents were birthed and slaughtered on satanic altars...our family PRAYED and WORSHIPPED....I waved my orange banner....(the fire of God) and begged God to invade the halls of congress..that the FEAR OF GOD would surround the Oval office.....that men would hit their knees and repent. That our religious leaders would be the REAL DEAL....

I am shocked and stunned and weeping...Ted Haggard has stepped down. May the gay allegations not be true...like Jeremiah, I weep....OH GOD SAVE AMERICA......WE MUST FALL UPON YOU, THE ROCK, OTHERWISE THE ROCK OF YOUR JUDGMENT WILL CRUSH US.....

Quote:
The Church has no tears! and the world around us perishes. Read carefully the words of the Apostle Paul: “For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even with weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ.” The blunt hard fact to deal with is that “many” are walking apart from God whose “end is destruction.” Can we truly understand this and fathom this without tears in our eyes? The Apostle Paul could not! What will it take to move us? Oh how we need to pray for a soul-shaking, hell-robbing revival in these last days. The choice is ours brethren!
PATRICK

I am praying I am weeping...my nation is sliding under.....I call the Whitehouse... I email religious leaders....on halloween night as the bowels of hell laughed with delight and more innocents were birthed and slaughtered on satanic altars...our family PRAYED and WORSHIPPED....I waved my orange banner....(the fire of God) and begged God to invade the halls of congress..that the FEAR OF GOD would surround the Oval office.....that men would hit their knees and repent. That our religious leaders would be the REAL DEAL....
TAMELA

Saints of God can we sit by idle as the hour creeps on till we are in eternal bliss? Revival is tarrying and men are slipping into hell-fire by the moment! Oh the horror of it! Do you feel the concern dear reader or is your heart passionless, tearless, prayerless. Do you have tears for the lost? Surely revival tarries for the simple fact that we do not have tears.
GORDON

WHY LORD - WHY NOT NOW???

Quote:
There are some weeping in seeking the face of the Lord in tihs hour. There is an apostasy taking place, where those who are lukewarm in this hour, blinded by the pleasures of the flesh.

The hour is late, and the Holy Spirit prompts only those whom are ready and willing, SOLD OUT TO JESUS....... may I say. those who know, they must be about the Father's business.

In many places where some have all the riches of the earth at their disposal, they have forgotten that the hour is late, and the return of Him is at any moment. (The 5 virgins who did not have any oil.....MISSED HIS RETURN.............

Let us wake up, and be about the Father's business.

MiriDeb

Quote:
I was at a home cell this week and as we were going around the room, everyone has a chance to say how thety are doing. When it was my turn, I could hardly speak, because of the burden of the lost. Anyhow, later a gentleman repeately stated how the joy of the Lord should be our strenght and not sorrow. It seemed he was speaking to me directly. I was wondering about all this, and then the Spirit brought this thread to light. How marvelous!

There is indeed a moving taking place. As my earthly father once said to me when I asked him why we see no change in the world if the end is so near: When a duck swims on a pond, you hardly see any movement. In fact, if you look below the water you will see all the commotion. How true this is.

I praise God for all that He is doing and that there still is some left out there with a heart longing to see the Glory of God made manifest on earth again.

Bless you all,

Soldier

2006/11/5 21:47Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: THE CHURCH HAS NO TEARS! by Greg Gordon

Quote:
"I will weep bitterly, labor not to comfort me."

Quote:
The greatest hindrance in the entire realm of revivals is the hardness of heart and spirit. Its cause is spiritual rebellion against God, exercised in an embezzled human sovereignty. Among Christians, hardness of heart is probably the greatest single obstacle to revival.

Quote:
"But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride, and mine eyes shall weep sore and run down with tears."

Quote:
With dry eyes we read the mighty exploits of God’s men in the past and it does not disturb us to think we are so far removed from these things. We have no burden or soul-riveting desire to see these things manifest in our generation.

Mat 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

2006/11/5 23:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy