SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : The 50-YEAR CYCLE of AWAKENINGS in AMERICA - URGENT!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: Lead as He Leads You/Us! ...

Hi Rahman,

Quote:
We have something similar going on in my assignment, whereas it is said much how Holy Spirit seems to really only light us up when our Bishop is away, and then upon his return it's back to the program as usual ... This makes me tremble for our man in charge, and is why i constantly keep him in prayer.

I don't want to be misunderstood here. ;-) Pastor was out for retreat as his wife is very ill and is a precious woman. Maybe the folk put the game face back on afterwards. Either way, I believe it begins with us as leaders. It would be sad though if the only time we could have revival is on off days and special events.

2006/11/7 14:03Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: Lead as He Leads You/Us! ...

Quote:
And as soon as the folk came in who 'had no sin' the fire STOPPED. End of story. Lock the door- its OVER. As soon as the game face returned- the fire departed. I'm just keeping it real here."

It was around this time that the Lord dealt with me and gave me the message here on SI, "The Love We Had at First". Not only will the attitude I'm referring to stop a local revival- it will stop [i]personal revival[/i] also. I give my testimony in part of how arrogance had come in- in my life and I would waver. God was resisting me. I had no grace to stand when He resisted me. The Lord gave me the saying I believe, "[i]If we will walk in humilty in the times of victory- we will have victory. There is no other way. God resisteth the proud- but He WILL give grace unto the humble."[/i] And we need this grace to have this grace wherein we stand and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

2006/11/7 14:23Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

RobertW wrote:
Quote:
I think this is a great forum - a great place to meet and discuss, but what if we gathered together for intense prayer, encouragment, and listening to God? Thoughts?

I have been priveledged to be in ministry and prayer meetings with some of the brethren on this site and it has been life changing. The Lord has opened doors for it to happen and it has always been a blessing. As we pray about it the Lord will direct us and guide our steps. He is faithful! Praise His name forever. These men really want to see God move. No better company to be in than that. ;-)

Praise God! That is good to hear! may there be more times such as you've had!! :-D

2006/11/7 15:42Profile
proudpapa

Re: The 50-YEAR CYCLE of AWAKENINGS in AMERICA - URGENT!!

I was watching We Have Been Taught Not To Discern by Andrew Strom - Part 1 https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=1516

And so I thought about posting a thread on the 50 year awakenings in the US but before I did I decided to check the search engine to see if a past thread had been started on this subject and I see that it has so I am bumping this thread up. and will paste the Original post by Brother Andrew

////by Andrew_Strom on 2006/11/1 8:54:32

"50-YEAR AWAKENINGS in USA"
-by Andrew Strom.

The First Great Awakening was approx 1741-1743.

Second Great Awakening was roughly 1799 - 1807
-though some say it lasted into the late 1820's and that it linked up with Finney's revivals from the 1820's on.

I think probably Finney's were "in-between" the 2nd and 3rd Awakenings.

I totally agree with those who think that 1857-1860 should be considered the
3rd Great Awakening.

Also 1904-1910 (Wales, Azusa, India, Korea, China, etc) should be considered the 4th Gt Awakening.

And 1947-1955 should be considered the 5th.
(Healing Revival in USA, plus Revivals in Africa, Hebrides, Argentina, etc.)

We have had FIVE GREAT AWAKENINGS - at roughly 50-year intervals every time. We are due for the next one RIGHT NOW.

There is a kind of "Jubilee" cycle of Awakenings in America, going back 250 YEARS. -But this can be lost if we do not press in.

This is very important for us all to grasp.

I don't know of ANY OTHER NATION that has a 50-year
cycle of Revivals like the USA.

But it is possible to lose it (-like Wales did) and if that happens
it will be a DISASTER for this country. We must enter into Revival while this "window" is open.

We need Revival pray-ers!! We need Revival preachers!!

It is URGENT that we do not miss this 50-year window. (For it is now 50 years since the end of the last one!!)

-Andrew Strom.////

2012/9/1 12:49Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Interesting observation, Papa.

As I do the math in my own larger denomination, I see where this has happened as well.

Among my own people it occurred in the early 1900s, then in the forties/fifties. I am ignorant of what happened in the 1800s...

From my observation of what happened in the 50/60s is that we saw a great onslaught of apostasy was well following the revival. It was rapid, relentless. What I believed happened is what Jesus taught in Matthew 12:43-45: When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

What happened among my own people, family is not unusual - it happens everywhere.

A person can never sit back and relax - must always be vigilant.

2012/9/1 14:40Profile
proudpapa

Re: ginnyrose

Hi ginnyrose,

RE: ginnyrose wrote ///Among my own people it occurred in the early 1900s, then in the forties/fifties. I am ignorant of what happened in the 1800s...///

I am not sure of whom you are speaking of as your own people I know that you have spoken of being of Anabaptist Heratige?

I Believe there has been a revivle of sorts atleast on a small scale of many coming out of the Old Order groups In Pennsylvania and places through Charity and other like Ministries in the past 15 or 20 years

2012/9/1 19:23Profile

Re:

Awesome!!! A six year old thread revived!!! At least something is being revived (cough). This is an interesting concept though and while I feel that we have missed the 50 year cycle (60 years and climbing)...I do not believe God is not limited to our calculations. If enough hungry, dead men will walk into the fire...He will visit them.

2012/9/2 2:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy