SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : The 50-YEAR CYCLE of AWAKENINGS in AMERICA - URGENT!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Andrew_Strom

Re:

I still believe there is a tremendous URGENCY for the USA at this moment. But there are so many counterfeits and distractions out there. Even Politics can distract from the gospel - especially here in America.

What will it take to wake people up? A crash, a calamity?

I truly believe there is a "window" - and it will not last forever.

-Andrew Strom.

2006/11/5 12:38Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
What will it take to wake people up? A crash, a calamity?

God can supernaturally bring an urgency into the hearts of ministers that re-ignites their fire and zeal in these times. In 2003 God started stirring me in the night and it was a sovereign move on His part. I was not praying for it or looking for it- He just visited me with it. I am seeing the results of thise spreading- and building momentum all around me. Some ministers are going so far as to ask, "What kind of Gospel have I been preaching? How many people have I deceived? How can I go back and 'undo' what I have been preaching over the years?" God is waking them up to the truth and some are horrified at the results. Yet God is effecting change. :-)

2006/11/6 8:27Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Even Politics can distract from the gospel - especially here in America.

Was wondering where this needed to be placed;

2Ti 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
2Ti 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of [i]this[/i] life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

2006/11/6 8:32Profile
Andrew_Strom

Re:

Yes - there are legitimate issues of righteousness to be concerned about - but far too many of us in USA think that electing the right guy brings us closer to godliness. Politics is not God's priority at all. He wants to transform this nation SPIRITUALLY and a lot of our political striving is simply a TERRIBLE WASTE OF TIME.

Imagine if we spent that time PRAYING??

-Andrew Strom.

2006/11/6 11:01Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:

Yes. and out on the front lines witnessing and preaching, etc. :-)

2006/11/6 11:05Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Imagine if we spent that time PRAYING

That's it, isn't it!? We still haven't exausted our own resources yet to call on God.

We need to come to the place with our government almighty that is described in this old country song lyric;

"I felt so much better once I finally lost all hope."

I'm also reminded of a quote by Winston Churchill regarding horseraces...I paraphrase here:

"The left wingers and the right wingers are united by the bond of a common immorality."

MC

2006/11/6 11:11Profile
Rahman

Re: It's Just A Matter Of Time ...

Bro Strom wrote;
"What will it take to wake people up? A crash, a calamity?"

What did it take for Israel to wake up ... It certainly wasn't pro-actively adhereing to the repentance message of the prophets, nay but re-active repentance once the calamity warned about finally fell ... :-?

Of course there's always a window, but it seems to me human nature and wishful thinking to always think there's more grace period left than there really is ... :-(

Bro Compton wrote;
"We still haven't exausted our own resources yet to call on God."

Amen ... There can be no Peniel experience (seeing God face to face and recieving the blessing) before experiencing our Jabbok (the emptying place of all self reliance) ... Until we come to the end of our perspiration (seeking power from on high by our own methods), we will never experience inspiration (the recieving of power from on high by God's methods) ...

One of the things that amazes me so much about God's under shepherds of His Church, namely His pastor/teachers, is that so often they point out to the flock as being the problem when it's them that's been called to leadership (which is why we all should pray for them so hard) ... So often we hear pastors rail 2 Chron. 7: 14 at their congregations, when in fact if they would only apply Joel 1 & 2 to themselves and their ministerial staffs first, lying and weeping between the porch and the altar until they recieve from heaven the fire that will first fry the sin amongst themselves, and thereby assuring them the power of purity to then call forth the entire body toward that same cleansing fire ...

i don't know how many of you have been used of our Lord in attempts to pointing this out to any pastors, but it's been my experience that no matter how humbly and lovingly this insight is brought to fore leadership is gonna be offended ... i guess pro-actively weeping and crying out to our Lord in repentance till hearing from heaven isn't something most pastors want to lead in anymore - if ever, so by God's own terrible grace, for He disciplines as many as He loves, we'll eventually (and i think very soon) be introduced to such re-actively crying out in masse due to His correcting hand (which most of us will see as coming out of the blue) which He has stayed in His long suffering - but it has in fact been a long time coming ... But we had neither ears to hear the approaching storm, nor eyes to see because we we're convinced that we were rich and in need of nothing, and to those fools whom God placed the warning trumpet to their lips we marginalized as being just way to over the top ...

Bless God that in spite of ourselves He'll never leave us or forsake us, and the gates of hell shall never prevail against us, for He who has begun His good work in us is HIMSELF determined to finish it!!! ... Amen :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

2006/11/6 15:03Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Quote:
Yes - there are legitimate issues of righteousness to be concerned about - but far too many of us in USA think that electing the right guy brings us closer to godliness. Politics is not God's priority at all. He wants to transform this nation SPIRITUALLY and a lot of our political striving is simply a TERRIBLE WASTE OF TIME.

You are right - it is an absolute complete waste of time! Legislating morality does nothing to change mens hearts and get them born again or to bring men into the Kingdom of God. Saudi Arabia and Iran legislate morality extremely well but most them are still going to hell with out a Savior. Even if we were successful in legislating morality it would do nothing to save men and we would be no better then an Iran or Saudi Arabia just under a Christian banner instead of a Muslim banner.

We should spend our time praying and fasting and reaching the lost with the Good News of Jesus Christ - preaching repentance and the new birth instead of trying to get laws changed. It does not matter who gets elected what matters is that men repent and are born again and set free from the bondage of sin and the devil!!!

Imagine if we spent that time PRAYING & REACHING THE LOST??

2006/11/6 15:14Profile
Andrew_Strom

Re:

Big question - do you think there is ENOUGH PRAYER going on in America today to see an outpouring?

-Andrew Strom.

2006/11/6 15:31Profile

Patrick Ersig

you and yours are doing it, and you are always in my thoughts and in my prayers, you the wife and the kids, and those who gather with you in that small corner of inner city Detroit, and the Lord Jesus is with you all.

I love you all so much, and as I type this I send my prayers heavenward, neil

2006/11/6 15:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy