SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Home Churches?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

My favourite OT character is Abigail.
1Sam 25 has this conversation between Abigail and David.

26 Now therefore, my lord, as the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, seeing the LORD hath withholden thee from coming to shed blood, and from avenging thyself with thine own hand, now let thine enemies, and they that seek evil to my lord, be as Nabal.
27 And now this blessing which thine handmaid hath brought unto my lord, let it even be given unto the young men that follow my lord.
28 I pray thee, forgive the trespass of thine handmaid: for the LORD will certainly make my lord a sure house; because my lord fighteth the battles of the LORD, and evil hath not been found in thee all thy days.
29 Yet a man is risen to pursue thee, and to seek thy soul: but the soul of my lord shall be bound in the bundle of life with the LORD thy God; and the souls of thine enemies, them shall he sling out, as out of the middle of a sling.
30 And it shall come to pass, when the LORD shall have done to my lord according to all the good that he hath spoken concerning thee, and shall have appointed thee ruler over Israel;
31 That this shall be no grief unto thee, nor offence of heart unto my lord, either that thou hast shed blood causeless, or that my lord hath avenged himself: but when the LORD shall have dealt well with my lord, then remember thine handmaid.
32 ¶ And David said to Abigail, Blessed be the LORD God of Israel, which sent thee this day to meet me:
33 And blessed be thy advice, and blessed be thou, which hast kept me this day from coming to shed blood, and from avenging myself with mine own hand.

All of which, summarised means Abigail told David that he should fight God's battles, and leave God to fight David's. It a great principle. Defend the truth and leave your reputation in God's hands.

2004/2/4 23:20Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Read it- loved it! Thanks Ron. :-)

2004/2/5 6:50Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Ron.

Been meaning to bring up some related issues along these lines. Something that has puzzled me in a number of cases in the OT regarding the taking or of having more than one wife.
Later on David took Abigal to be his wife along with his remaining wives.
Other examples like Solomon did likewise.
How do we reconcile this, if a man is to be of one wife and why would God be silent on the matter and even bless David in this situation?

Maybe we could open this up under the Scriptual Debates section...

2004/2/5 7:07Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Careful Ron,
You're moo-ving into Blood Covenant concepts here,when you said:

"All of which, summarised means Abigail told David that he should fight God's battles, and leave God to fight David's. It's a great principle. Defend the truth and leave your reputation in God's hands." ;-)
Clutch :-P

2004/2/5 11:43Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re:

Here is a Home Church Message.

Christ-The Searcher of Men's Hearts by David Wilkerson.

I don't know how to link it but it is on the second page of his sermons. I hope it's there on video soon.
jouko

2004/2/5 13:18Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2768]Christ- The Searcher of Mens Hearts[/url]

Hey Jouko,

Here is a quick "how to" on doing links:

For instance this message.
"Christ- The Searcher of Mens Hearts"

With your mouse highlight the message title.
Right click on it and select "Copy Shortcut"(it will be 'held' in that mysterious no mans land)
Go to your reply and above the box where you type you will see URL IMG EMAIL QUOTE
Select 'URL'.
Right click inside that box and select 'Paste'
Click 'O.K.'
Another box will come up asking you to 'Enter the web site title'
Now you can type in the title of the message.
You can also leave it blank and just click 'OK' but the message will now look like this:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2768]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2768[/url]

If you have Notepad (Windows) what I do is keep it handy (with a shortcut icon) so I can pull it up and copy and paste things back and forth from different pages or websites. It's also helpful for doing long post's and for ...what's that word?
Oh yeah, [i]laziness![/i]

2004/2/5 15:35Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re:

Wonders of "techonology". Thanks.

2004/2/5 16:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I got recommended this sermon by Todd our long lost friend in cyberspace. He said is was on topic for this thread:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=35]A New Israel by T. Austin Sparks[/url]

2004/2/5 17:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

Here is a Home Church Message.

Christ-The Searcher of Men's Hearts by David Wilkerson.

I don't know how to link it but it is on the second page of his sermons. I hope it's there on video soon.

Here is the video its up on the site.. much thanks to brother jouko for getting these up so others can be blessed.
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=3651]Christ-The Searcher of Men's Hearts (video) 79.90 MB [/url]

2004/2/5 17:53Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

moreofhim, thank you for sharing your experience. I just started getting into websites like this, and it is so refreshing to meet others who love the Lord wholeheartedly, and won't follow tradition just for the sake of following tradition. After searching for a church home, and being disappointed with the lack of fruit, and lack of love (for God and others) my family is doing something similar to what you've described. My family is growing so much more out of church than we did with the weak teachings in church. San Antonio has a lot of pampered, lukewarm churchgoers more interested in making money than obeying God. My mom has been encouraged to hear about your experience, because we just didn't think anyone else was doing what we did. :) God bless you, it seems you really love the Lord wholeheartedly (and we don't have to be pew-warmers to prove that :))

2004/4/1 16:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy