SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Home Churches?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
moreofHim

Re:

2004/2/3 10:39Profile
three9

Valley of Decision

Re:

Quote:
Could it not be said that what we have right here is 'church'?

i agree, it is fellowship.

2004/2/3 10:39Profile
moreofHim

Re:

2004/2/3 10:53Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

moreofHim
I know this will not apply to you but there is a danger in solitariness. One of the old bishops went to see a monk in the days before the monastries. The monk was giving himself to prayer and the subduing of the flesh while living in isolation in the desert. The bishop was impressed but had a single question...

but whose feet do you wash?

2004/2/3 14:21Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Hi Ron,
Again I like your bottom line:

"but whose feet do you wash?"

In American English, that translates:

"Truth without contact is only religion."
Clutch

Right brethREN? ( That's brethern without dyslexia) :-D
Clutch :-P

2004/2/3 20:25Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Hi Chanin,
You said:

"But I do believe with all my heart that the Lord is in the process of RESTORATION of His Church. He is slowly getting it back to its original state (the new testament state). He is building/restoring His beautiful Church/Bride one precious stone at a time. He is looking for those who are willing to do whatever He asks of them- to come out from among the apostacy and and do His will."

Agreed!
The reason that we find so little scripture on how to do church, is that it is more about content than style. Like our musical tastes , much of the time our choices relate more to culture, than any scriptural standard.
I believe that when the Word of God is coupled with the Spirit of God, and is reproduced through the man, or woman of God; whatever format you choose to present it in, IT
will work.

If ya'll do get something going up in Hebron, maybe you could call it something like the " Cincinatti Airport Christian Fellowship". I could help some on teaching on laughing, and falling down, and I know there are others who are expert on animal sounds. :-D

In fact I think I detect some Sacred Cow mooing , even as I type this out. :-D

2004/2/4 6:45Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

:oops:

2004/2/4 7:19Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Chanin,
One thing that would help us Western Civiliztion persons, would be to get a better understanding of Covenant. Just like the old song says:"Everybody talkin' 'bout heaven ain't goin there." Everybody talkin' 'bout Covenant ain't goin' THERE either.
H. Clay Trumbell wrote a book entitled " The Blood Covenant" about 150 years ago. The Encyclopedia Brittanica recognizes that book as THE single source document on the Blood Covenant.
I've read the book several times, and have done other outside study based on the books teaching. I REALLY don't understand the teaching in The Blood Covenant like someone who has been raised in say,an Eastern Culture, where Covenanting is a way of life, taken seriously, and is ingrained into every aspect of daily life.
I hope others besides me are following Ron Baileys Devotional, because he is laying a wonderful foundation of understanding about our Spiritual Blood Covenant relationship through Abraham, and Jesus, The Anointed One of Nazereth.
Clutch :-)

2004/2/4 7:24Profile
moreofHim

Re:

2004/2/4 7:43Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Mike, Chanin,
Shhhhh. I think I hear the lowing of cattle. Don't wiggle Mike; Ron might SEE us. :-D

2004/2/4 7:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy