Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Honor to His Name

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
mamaluk

Re:

Ron,

Your points taken totally, I posted this with much reluctance and had prayed over this for a long time.

God's own people will never be 'run-off' by His honor, ever, but be drawn to Him rather. Besides, should we safeguard man's feelings or God's honor?

Or, is our Lord and Savior of the gospel unfit to be called the Lord Jesus when the preacher preaches It. Soteriologically reckoning, is He the Lord or not?

That is not to say, when someone preaches or tells the testimonies of the Lord as while He was on earth, in a reverantial way, in accordance to Scripture, or even citing the texts word for word as the Holy Spirit wrote, from the pulpit to the writings, is not offensive. Truly, you find passages after passages in Scripture, Jesus, in His 'humbled' state on earth, was used very clearly.

This thread is mainly posted to the true believers who love God, and perhaps, as Orm mentioned, how he was perhaps influenced by the prideful Christendom followers/crowd amongst our seminaries and in the church buildings, to bring those saints back from the casualness with His title.

EW Bullinger, like all of us, was just a mere mortal, his words, my words, all the saints' words put together, can be nothing but convolution(as you said), and that's just not him, all of us, often times, too often indeed. And any true man of God will always remind us that we must not take their words too seriously. God forbid that this is about EWB, RA, or especially me, a little nobody here. :} ( I mean it, I reckon how knowledgeable you are Ron, praise God)

The conviction of the Holy Spirit in any matter, be it of ecclesiological or eschatological, or pneumatological, (pardon all these unnesscessary but fancy theoological terms :( ) plain spiritual must be carried by the validation of the Holy Spirit Himself, it doesn't even matter what Tozer says, Finney says, Watson says, no, not in a million years if without God's validation and the Holy Spirit's conviction, they would all have been long forgotten. I'm no fool here to remotely even think that my posts would do any good on their own, I posted them only out of a heart of unfeigned love for the Lord. Even this love, if not via prayers, can become a snare toyed by satan.

As I said, when this old saint shared this issue with me years back, I was very offended, but I did not run off , I stuck in there, and studied for myself, "where, where does the Scripture say this or that,....how arrogant of him to tell me that I have to utter the Lord Jesus whenever I address Him, how legalistic of him", you know, that sort of prideful attitude in my own soul at that time.

This truly is an issue of personal conviction, and must not become an offense to any of you. What or how you address Christ, truly, is your own business. :)

In fact, I really shouldn't have the need to bring out scholars like EWB or RA, but since we live in a time where most often that 'lay' saints' words carry no weight, that is, without the 'fame or status' effect. In this, I guess I erred too by bringing these scholars in, instead of trusting the Scripture alone.

Orm had some better points and testimonies than mine, please read back, but even so, his points, my points, shouldnot have much inference but references, really, God's conviction through His Word only can and has to be all sufficient.

As you said on the other thread, what did you call that ? "Schlum, or Schlim", I thought that was funny. It's really true. Our words have zero weight, but only when God sees fit.

"as for me and my House...."
here, as for me personally, I dare not utter Him without His title, and hasn't been for a long time. Feel free to call me prideful, legalistic, judgmental, that's all too fine.....remember, I'm nobody, HE is ALL, and must be honored, HIS WAY !

We have fancy titles for man, fancy seminaries, fancy church buildings, fancy theologies , fancy book-binders on Bible covers, why leave out the [b]rightful[/b] title to the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

'layman' mamaluk

2006/8/24 13:08Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

mamaluk on 2006/8/24 18:08:40

Quote:
( I mean it, I reckon how knowledgeable you are Ron, praise God)

I know enough to know how little I know. ;-) I often used the sign-off WKIP ... we know in part.

2006/8/24 15:43Profile
mamaluk

Re:

May be by leaving the Lord out, we see so many different Jesuses. Since the true Christian Evangelicals utter not His proper name while they preach just like the false onee do. Our salvation is solely based on both the LORD AND SAVIOR, not just Savior alone, isn't it so?

Also, this could well be the root of all evangelical errors. An error seeped in unaware when even the early seminaries produced their students/professors/preachers/teachers in their books and from their pulpits in leaving out The Lord's title. The Lord Jesus Christ.

These are the verses I extracted from post-Ascension books. The Author of the Bible told us (Gentile Ekklesia, Church) to follow Paul, and just by seeing how Luke and Paul, the apostles utter His name in every verse below.

May God speak, from Acts to Revelation,[b] EVERY SINGLE VERSE[/b], the Lord aligns with Jesus, and I remain silent. To start off with one from Romans pertaining to salvation:

Romans 10:9-10
[b]9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the [i]Lord Jesus[i/], and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.[/b]
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Acts 2:36
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Acts 11:17
Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Acts 11:17
Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Acts 15:11
But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Acts 15:26
Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Acts 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Acts 20:21
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
Acts 28:31
Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.
Romans 1:3
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
Romans 1:7
To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Romans 5:11
And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
Romans 5:21
That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:11
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 7:25
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Romans 8:39
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 13:14
But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
Romans 15:6
That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 15:30
Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;
Romans 16:18
For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
Romans 16:20
And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
Romans 16:24
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
1 Corinthians 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:
1 Corinthians 1:3
Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 1:7
So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1 Corinthians 1:8
Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 1:9
God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 Corinthians 1:10
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
1 Corinthians 5:4
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
1 Corinthians 9:1
Am I am not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?
1 Corinthians 15:31
I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.
1 Corinthians 16:23
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
2 Corinthians 1:2
Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 1:3
Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
2 Corinthians 4:5
For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
2 Corinthians 8:9
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
2 Corinthians 11:31
The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.
2 Corinthians 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
Galatians 1:3
Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
Galatians 6:14
But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
Galatians 6:18
Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
Ephesians 1:2
Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Ephesians 1:17
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Ephesians 3:11
According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
Ephesians 3:14
For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Ephesians 5:20
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Ephesians 6:23
Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 6:24
Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.
Philippians 1:2
Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Philippians 2:11
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 3:8
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Philippians 3:20
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
Philippians 4:23
Colossians 1:2
To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Colossians 1:3
We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,
Colossians 2:6
As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
1 Thessalonians 1:1
Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Thessalonians 1:3
Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
1 Thessalonians 2:19
For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?
1 Thessalonians 3:11
Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way unto you
1 Thessalonians 3:13
To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.
1 Thessalonians 5:9
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ
1 Thessalonians 5:28
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
2 Thessalonians 1:1
Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
2 Thessalonians 1:2
Grace unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Thessalonians 1:8
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 Thessalonians 1:12
That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Thessalonians 2:1
Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 Thessalonians 2:14
Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Thessalonians 2:16
Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace
2 Thessalonians 3:6
Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us
2 Thessalonians 3:12
Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.
2 Thessalonians 3:18
1 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;
1 Timothy 1:2
Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 Timothy 1:12
And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
1 Timothy 1:14
And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
1 Timothy 5:21
I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.
1 Timothy 6:3
If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
1 Timothy 6:14
That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 Timothy 1:2
To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
2 Timothy 4:1
I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Timothy 4:22
The Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.
Titus 1:4
To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.
Philemon 1:3
Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Philemon 1:25
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
James 1:1
James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
James 2:1
My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
2 Peter 1:8
For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:11
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:14
Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.
2 Peter 1:16
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
2 Peter 2:20
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2 Peter 3:18
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
2 John 1:3
Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jude 1:17
But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Jude 1:21
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Revelation 22:21

2006/8/24 15:57Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re: Honor to His Name

Ormly,
By other "Holies", I meant other saints. The Holy Of Holies was not God, but where God dwelt to meet with man. Does not this apply now to our own bodies, His Temple or dwelling place.
I agree, you should be careful about what you take into your spirit. I'm glad someone else realizes this as well. God bless you.

Humbly immersed in His Spirit,

"O"

2006/8/24 17:37Profile

Re:

God bless you, Onesimus.

I know I can be nit-picky but in this day with so many voices speaking to us we all should pause and check our spiritual condition that we not be deceived by agreements with our common senses. Please forgive me if I offended you.

In Jesus ... for His sake,

Orm

2006/8/24 17:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy