Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : insurance companys

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

insurance companys

a man from an insurance company came and visited my home, after my wife i belive was scared into signing some papers , after they said your child could get sick and die or get crippled or something worse...if you love your children you must have this.

i got upset by this, i dont have anything against insurances and i belive they can be good to have and they probably helped many people.

This man comes in my home speaking of all thease great things about having thease insurances.... i kindly say no thanks i dont need them, he askes why..and i say to him that i have the greatest insurence of all and it dosent cost any money, then he says he belives in god to so we get into that subject. I was angerd at him for trying make me feel guilty for not having this insurance....i told him as a fellow beliver that if you trust god in everything then i dont need that, i belive god to provide for everything that i need, after some more speaking it came out that he dident take the bible on its word , he had a "new age" belifs system, that we are all going to heaven and we are just here on earth to develop into some spirit and then be in heaven.
i explained what i belived in and he said my belifs scared him, he so again and again said if i love my kids i must have this insurance.
I said that i belive even if my children may have to experience all thease things, i trust god that thease things will work out for our best in the end even if i dont understand them.
Something in me says that this man just said he was a christian so that more easily could sell me this insurance, but i think and belive that we as christians dont need these insurances? i belive that money could be much better of in some missonarys work than in some insurance company. I can understand when i explain my "extreme" faith in god for this man how it could scare him, but im i wrong here? i trust god to look after me and my family, i told him that the more insurances you have the lesser faith in god one have. I do belive this, but i just want to investigate furter and ask my brothes and sisters here on SI.

gods peace to you
christian

2006/8/17 14:38Profile
NLONG

Middlebury, Indiana

Re: insurance companys

AMEN!

2006/8/17 15:25Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Insurance is part of my benefit plan at my job. I don't think it means that I don't trust God, it just means if my kids are sick, I only part of the bill and insurance pays the rest.

;-)

2006/8/17 16:15Profile

Re:

I actually believe insurance was one of the ways God looked after my family. My dad just passed away 3 months ago after 3 years of battling a terminal illness. My family would have destroyed financially after 3 years of medical expenses (though not destroyed). My dad was a follower of Christ, and an excellent steward of his money. I truly believe God looking out for my family and not giving us an added burden to our sorrows.

-K DAY

2006/8/17 20:49
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Hey Christian,

I thank the Lord that I have been insured through my recent experiences, but at the same time much of my life I had no insurance. Over on this side of the pond there is a company that uses the name “The Rock” for some of their ads. Of course the best insurance is the ROCK. When the Lord provides a way to be insured that is good but sometimes people just can’t afford to be insured on everything.

Lots of people think they are Christians that aren’t. That salesman is probably just trying to make a sale like you said.

Personally, I am very suspicious of insurance companies. There is a lot of hidden power that they seem to have. When a person seems to be a monetary risk to an insurance company, it can keep that person from being hired for good employment. As a former truck driver I can see this and also from reading some health forums, I have found that this can be the case. In many jobs you can’t get hired unless the insurance companies ok you. Credit ratings are similar when it comes to getting good employment. The insurance companies and lending institutions really can be doing good, but often there is a darker side to them.

I’ve often thought of these kinds of organizations as being the money changers at the temple. Please, don’t anyone think that I am saying that as a Christian you shouldn’t sell insurance or work for a lending institution when I say this.

2006/8/17 21:44Profile
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

I myself am an insurance agent. But let me ask all of you this question. How do people exist before insurance companies were invented?! Let me speak in a perspective of a third world. Only 10% of the people here have insurance for many cannot afford it. How does the rest of the people live?! As for me I have a medical insurance but I’m not the one who pays for it-it is the agency that hired me that pays for it as a work benefit-of course I do not refute that kind of benefit and utilize it to its maximum. But I think Christian is right-“and Christian be it unto you according to your faith!” THIS IS FAITH. AND NO ONE JUDGES YOUR FAITH AND GOD DOES ACCORDING TO YOUR FAITH! Bless you Christian!!! – It is rare to find a person in a western system having this kind of faith. For there is a gigantic system in the western countries that made it impossible to believe and rely on God but to rely on other things! And Christian may the Lord help me to imitate your Faith!!!

Yours sis. Mek.

2006/8/18 1:53Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

well i do belive god used insurances to help a lot of people and i have said it is good and probaly helped a lot of people. But still something about that doesent seems right,

i see it like this if something bad happends then i get some money that will take care of me.

shouldent it more be like

and then if something bad happends then i trust god to take care of me.

now i know for example in america you cant get treated for everything whitout money or insurence.
and like mekdi said...what did people do before they existed...this insurence salesman came on to me that maybe god sent him into my home to get this insurance, i dident belive that. but yes god can take someones insurence money and bless them, but shouldent we as his holy people live by holy faith?
i tried to explain to him my family doesent live for money...we need them to buy food and clothes and so on..but if we have them we rejoice in the lord...when we dont have them we still rejoice in the lord..money isent the triggering factor for us being happy or feeling good. But he had a hard time taking me seeriusly...
but thats how me and my family are going to do it, we are going to trust god in this, and if god lets something happend to me my wife or my kids, we will still look to him for comfort help and everthing else we need...not what we want but what we need...there is a difference

gods påeace to you all
christian

2006/8/18 2:56Profile
NLONG

Middlebury, Indiana

Re:

Maybe people didn't need insurance before MDs and drug companies started charging such high prices. I am a nurse and give chemo and it pains me to see people paying 8-10,000 dollars per bag of chemo, sometimes several bags per infusion, often 8-16 infusions (or sometimes years if people don't reaspond). Tack on surgery and radiation and people can be in way way way over their heads--I've seen these NICE insurance companies DROP cancer patients. Meanwhile,docs are making quarter to half mil a year. And look at pharm. companies. Merck is being sued over Vioxx, but still is raking in plenty and will probably survive (but not unscathed). I know of a hospital around here that has a billion in the bank!

Solution: next time you have get a bill, give the doc an egg laying chicken???!

2006/8/18 8:17Profile

Re:

Thanks for that NLONG. I don't think a lot of people understand how expensive medical treatment is today. It really is quite sad.

I don't think for a second that my dad was acting without faith when he purchased health insurance and life insurance for my family.

I think we do all understand that while God could heal us from every sickness that we have, he often still uses modern medicine to accomplish that task. Is going to the doctor necessarily a lack of faith?

Similarly, while God could also provide for my family by having money drop into our backyard, he may also have provided my family with insurance. I say, trust in the Lord, and let him determine his means...

-K DAY

2006/8/18 11:03
mamaluk

Re:

I hate involving in matters advising others in everyday personal events. Often, we advise others based on personal experiences, and for us Christians, with good intentions, and yet our words can never match God's own counsel. :)

Christian, you were not wrong at all, being a new believer, to be able to place such faith in the Lord for His provisions and providence is indeed admirable. Indeed your faith might just draw upon God's blessing to you and your family. While others are correct too, in America, life insurance and health insurance are as sure as taxes, things we can't afford to live without.

This brings to the issue of affordability. When I was a young stay-at-home mother, leaving a full-time career behind to raise 2 kids, I was petrified by all the talks of college tuitions fund, retirement fund, this fund and that fund. To make things worse, there were these 'Christian' financial advisor's telling us to do this and do that, and to tithe bunch and bunch to this and that organization, 'judaizing' us into to become multi-tithers. When all is said and done, one has barely any left to feed the family, let alone buying private insurance.:)

Without focusing on prayers and Scripture, I had little peace but was tormented in fear of offending God by staying home with the kids and not going out to work full-time and by sending my kids to daycare centers. (distorted ey?)

Praise the Lord so much, He sustained me in His WORD, day by day, and He gifted me with healthy knees, that I could fall on and pray for His guidance in ALL matters.

Christian, GOD is 1000% faithful, insurance or no insurance, when we trust HIM and live dutifully with what we have, we do not need to worry about what we do not have or what we can not afford at the time. Only because HE is all merciful and gracious and seeing each strand of our hair in place when we are HIS children.

I was reading Martyn Lloyd-Jone's book recently, it comforted me so very much when I was reminded with [b]"Abraham trust God with Isaac"[/b], my children are grown now, GOD provided every step of our way and is still providing abundantly. Yes, HE even allowed me to raise them throughout the years ourselves.

May God be our only Counsellor. For only HE knows and sees what's truly needed in our lives.

In Christ,
mml

2006/8/18 14:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy