SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : SICK RAP WORSHIP VIDEO FOR RICK WARREN'S 2006 WORSHIP CONFERENCE

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

SICK RAP WORSHIP VIDEO FOR RICK WARREN'S 2006 WORSHIP CONFERENCE

Let me state upfront that I [b]do not[/b] agree with David Cloud that all forms of contemporary music styles are evil. I [b]do[/b] agree with him that there is alot of things wrong with the Contemporary Christiam Music Industry (and dont be fooled... it IS an industry!).

Having said that... I have seen this video he writes about... and Cloud is 100% right on the money.

Krispy

Here's the article:

[b]SICK RAP WORSHIP VIDEO FOR RICK WARREN'S 2006 WORSHIP CONFERENCE[/b]

[i]By David Cloud

A rap video prepared for Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Worship Conference 2006 is one of the sickest things I have ever seen, and I have been researching the spiritually sick world of CCM for many years. It is by a rapper named Smitty and is mis-titled "Filled with the Spirit."

It features a heavy sensual rap beat with the following lyrics:

"Ohhhhhh, I'm filled with the Spirit; come gather round so all ya'll can hear it. Ohhhhh, I feel so amazing; can't stop the music; got my hands raising. Ohhhh, I feel this divinity; stronger than Samson; it is the Trinity. Calm me down I need the tranquility; Satan try to stop me; you got to be kiddin' me. ... Uuhhhhh, now break it down ya'll; uuhhhhh, now break it down ya'll; uuhhhh, uuhhhhh, now break it down, now break it down, Old Testament style. Do the burning bush, do the burning bush, now everybody in the crowd do the burning bush. ... The walls of Jericho, the walls of Jericho, make the booty drop like the walls of Jericho [the rapper turns around and shakes his backside to the camera]..."

Not only do the lyrics turn the things of Christ and life's most serious issues into pure silliness and even descend into moral filthiness (e.g., rap dancing to the burning bush and shaking your booty to the falling of the walls of Jericho), but the way the words are sung are downright blasphemous. You have to see the video and hear the voices to understand just how sick and blasphemous this thing is, but I am not going to give out the link because I don't want young people, especially, to be influenced by this vile thing.

Ingrid Schlueter of "Crosstalk Radio Talk Show" on VCY America Radio Network makes the following observation:

"The sneering, mocking expressions and tones of voice in this video have to be witnessed to be understood for what they are. By his speech and manner, the rapper takes the name of the Holy Son of God in vain, but the video contains something more. There is hatred here, hatred for who God is according to the Scriptures. The spirit of this video, ironically shown at a so-called worship conference, is anti-Christ. You cannot know the Lord of glory, the living Word of God and speak of Him in this manner. ... The monstrous treatment of the name of God under the guise of worship is evidence of the hearts behind the video. The grimace when the rapper says, ewwww, I feel this divinity... is manifestly evil. The name of the Lord, by whose mercy we live and breathe and have our being, is to be revered above all earthly names. Anyone who can listen to the spirit of mockery and ridicule in this video and not feel a holy anger needs to return to the Bible and learn who God really is" ("Purpose-Driven Rapper Crosses the Line to Blasphemy").

We agree with that assessment totally.

The next time someone tries to convince you that the Southern Baptist Convention is "conservative" remember that you will find every worldly thing in the SBC. Worldly Christianity is not "conservative" Christianity.[/i]

2006/8/9 7:24
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: SICK RAP WORSHIP VIDEO FOR RICK WARREN'S 2006 WORSHIP CONFERENCE

Krispy,
Have you ever read Dan Lucarini's book "Why I Left the Contemporary Christian Music Movement". What he says is right on.

When I worked at the CPC I got inspired one day to ask my clients a different question: "why do you go to church?" I put this question to the professing Christians. The response was always the same: they sat there stumped: actually WHY did they go to church? After giving it serious thought, they said: it's the music!" They loved the music and it was contemporary Christian music. (Oh, and I had single musicians from these groups as clients, as well.) Krispy, these clients were all fornicators, not just an occasional one but a practicing one! If this music is Holy Spirit inspiried the end result should have been one that brought conviction and repentance of sin in the lives of these people instead of making them feel good while in their sin!

'Nuff said. I must run.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2006/8/9 13:07Profile
NONE4ME

Chicago, IL

Re: SICK RAP WORSHIP VIDEO FOR RICK WARREN'S 2006 WORSHIP CONFERENCE

I am glad that there are still people in the body of Christ who are still descerning what's going on,especially in the world of music. A very dear subject to my heart, because I have been on both sides of the coin in the area of hip-hop, and God has wrought a pretty definative change in my outlook of rap music and really any form.
Having said that, I have witnessed a "rapper/preacher" who came to the church in which I am attending, and he performed his array of songs before he preached. Number one, I could barely hear what he was saying for the heavy beats, and two, it was driven by emotions, with the people getting up, throwing their hands in the air, and basically give allegiance to the performer. I could not fathom how Christ was getting the glory in this. And, oh yes, the mockery of "the church folks", and statements like "yall can't get with this", and "this is for the young people". he even said, "when I'm in the pulpit, in Pastor , but when I doing this I'm {whatever his hip-hop name was} as if he had to have two identities.
I was struck in awe over how dark the music was, and how covered over the message was, and in many cases how irrevalent it was to the ministry of Christ, so I relate to what is being said in the article, and thanks for the post.

In my own life, I have created hip-hop in the belief that the people would embrace the word, but I had found myself in a conflict wrestling with would they hear the word or will they be swayed by the beats. As a minister of music, I have the ability to put together words and music, but since going through a process of about a year and a half, I have been experiencing a sanctification as God wants His holiness declared and exemplified in every area, and certain trends in music, again I stress "trends" are of the world and are motivated by the flesh. The goals of the music are not sanctified, but are laced in "acceptance", and popularity. This, though, is across the board.

I'm in a crisis right now where leaders want to "diversify" the music to appeal more to the young people. The problem is not the appeal, the problem is the how, the method. The expectation has been the learn the trendy songs, and I am looked at kindof strange because I really don't listen to the trendy stuff. (I'm guarding myself from garbage). So I can't, as a musician, run off the songs because I don't know them. I chose this way because I don't want to be contaminated (yes even some gospel music)What I allow will be a short list indeed. I am more interested in what the Spirit of the Lord in saying. They already brought in a "praise" leader that exemplifies this trend, but now they want to expand it and have made it clear this is the direction they want to go in. It's no onger about lifting Jesus, or maybe superficially. The point is, I know what is taking place. This is a desperation, I guess, to win the young people back, but I can't be a part of a counterfeit appeal, and not the real deal. That's prayer, intercession

so much 2 say...

2006/8/9 13:25Profile

Re:

I have found myself being more and more led away from a lot of contemporary Christian music. I still have certain artists that I like... and would probably surprise many here that I like rock. I was a child of the 80's metal scene.

But the closer the move toward God, the less I find myself listening to that kind of Christian music. Maybe it's cuz I'll be 40 in 14 months, I dont know.

Holiness... thats what we need. And I think the more people seek after holiness the less things like music and appearance mean to people.

Krispy

2006/8/9 13:38
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Krispy,

I am going through the same thing right now. At first I listened to "Christian" Rock and Hip-Hop. The truth is most of the songs barely even mention Jesus let alone holiness.

The music truly doesn't glorify God.

A light is breaking in on my conscience, and I can no longer watch, listen or participate in things I could before.

Murray

2006/8/9 14:17Profile

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
I have found myself being more and more led away from a lot of contemporary Christian music. I still have certain artists that I like... and would probably surprise many here that I like rock. I was a child of the 80's metal scene.

But the closer the move toward God, the less I find myself listening to that kind of Christian music. Maybe it's cuz I'll be 40 in 14 months, I dont know.

Holiness... thats what we need. And I think the more people seek after holiness the less things like music and appearance mean to people.

Krispy

Some will tell you you are becoming "legalistic". If you are in the pursuit of Holiness and if the pursuit of Holiness means to be accused of legalism, rejoice! It is Spirit revelation to you and you must not deny it lest you succumb to peer pressure and be dialogued to your death.

:-Drm

2006/8/9 14:37

Re:

Yea, I'm kinda stuck in the middle on this too. On one hand I dont think there is anything wrong with enjoying music just for the sake of enjoying it... but on the other hand, Christian music claims to minister, but for the most part it doesnt. If Christian music was really Christ centered, then why do all these groups sell t-shirts, buttons, posters, CD covers, etc with [b]their[/b] faces all over them?

If we replace one idol making system with another idol making system, it's still an idol making system and God wont be a part of it.

Krispy

2006/8/9 14:37

Re:

Quote:
Some will tell you you are becoming "legalistic".

LOL... I've been called a legalist so many times I cant count. Mostly by people who want to ignore the Bible and abuse the grace of God as an occasion for sin. And most who label others a legalist really have no idea what that term means Biblically.

Krispy

2006/8/9 14:41

Re:

Assuming you are addressing me:

I'm not stuck in the middle of the road, neither should you be. What are your questions that aren't answered for you?
Orm

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Yea, I'm kinda stuck in the middle on this too. On one hand I dont think there is anything wrong with enjoying music just for the sake of enjoying it... but on the other hand, Christian music claims to minister, but for the most part it doesnt. If Christian music was really Christ centered, then why do all these groups sell t-shirts, buttons, posters, CD covers, etc with [b]their[/b] faces all over them?

If we replace one idol making system with another idol making system, it's still an idol making system and God wont be a part of it.

Krispy

2006/8/9 14:42

Re:

Re-read what I wrote. I dont believe it's wrong to enjoy listening to music. I find myself increasingly frustrated with what passes for Christian music because of the hypocrisy of it all... I guess thats what is getting stuck in my craw more than anything else.

I dont really think it's necessarily a style issue as it is a heart issue. Look at the music of Larry Norman. Pretty radical back 35 years ago, but if you listen to the music and the spirit behind it ... it's different than it is today.

And dont forget Keith Green.

Where are the Keith Greens today? Instead of artists like Keith Green, we have artist who like "green". ($$)

Krispy

2006/8/9 15:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy