SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is Remarriage Adulterous?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
If a homosexual couple was married and had children and one of them came to Jesus Christ. Would not they have to break up the family to truly bring forth works meet for repentance that brings salvation?

If Jesus calls remarriage adulterous should not those who are remarried bring forth works meet for repentance also. It does not matter if a person was remarried before they came to Christ, they need to repent.

Thank you for bringing this thread back to the initial poster's question. Some say a homosexual marriage is not really a marriage, therefore it falls into a different category. I personally do not see a difference. If God does not "join" the homosexuals as One, and God says that a remarriage while one has a living spouse is adultery (sin--because one or both parties belong to another), then He does not join that union either. Whether one or both are seen as "legal" in the civil sense does not make them valid in the sight of God if He has spoken otherwise. Also, being saved after a divorce/remarriage does not nullify a marriage joined by God before salvation. At least I haven't been able to find such a teaching in God's Word.

2006/8/14 12:40Profile

Re:

Quote:
Some say a homosexual marriage is not really a marriage, therefore it falls into a different category. I personally do not see a difference.

Im sorry, but this one makes the list...(see your page, 1.1)
So you literally see NO difference between even an UNLAWFUL marriage between a man and a woman and this abomination between two men?
Really cindy? Because I have to know for my own sake here if this is how you understand 'marriage' from Gods word.

We see calls for men to put unlawful WIVES away....can you show us where Men are told to 'put away' their 'husbands' ?

No you cannot...because there is NO such thing as a male/male marriage...it doesnt exist...never has, never will as far as Gods word in concerned.

Its not a matter of, like with an UNlawful marriage that does 'exist' but isnt in Gods will, of the marriage actually BEING a marriage...This gay 'marriage' isnt even remotely related....no more so than a man and a goat can 'marry'...it is simply 'abomination' and nothing more.

We dont see God telling a man to put his goat away (bestiality) either in scripture, do we, cindy?
Thats because there can be no "marriage" between a man and a goat...even if they do partake of some vile act together...even if they have a ceremony there is no 'marriage' there.

You need to PROVE that a 'husband/husband' relationship even has the potential of existing in Gods word before your apples/oranges comparison even has a chance of standing.

You simply need to make this seem feasible to make your error work...that is the ONLY reason you folks try to pull this with us.

Quote:
If God does not "join" the homosexuals as One

There is NOTHING in scripture that EVER even alludes to a man EVER being able to be joined in marriage or any union of the sort....however there ARE instances where men MARRIED UNLAWFUL wives.

Your apples arent fitting into the orange holes, lastblast.

Quote:
At least I haven't been able to find such a teaching in God's Word.

Surprisingly you sure seem to be able to find something pertaining to 'marriages' where two men are concerned tho ;)

Could you show the rest of us please ? :)

2006/8/14 16:31

Re:

2006/8/14 16:45

Re:

Something else Id like to add without causing too much offense is that we really have to wonder about someones level of understanding about 'marriage' in the bible to even suggest that there is even a remote similarity between a marriage (even an unlawful one) and the abomination between two men.

I really think this shows one of two things.
Either some are acting in desperation in trying to prove their error, grasping at any straw they can.

Or they are not as studied on the topic of marriage as it is presented in Gods word as a whole.

There is no way a person could READ the whole bible and ever logically conclude that a male/male abomination could be even compared to even a sinful relationship between a man and a woman who arent even married (who under the law could simply have married and never divorced).

2006/8/14 16:45

Re: Is Remarriage Adulterous?

FOC, while taking the points you are making about the act of physical union necessary for a marriage to exist at all - that is, the point at which God makes two people one or He doesn't (make them 'one'), I think Cindy is referring to the civil legality of being able to call a person one's spouse - not that I would accord that to either in a homosexual union, because it totally undermines the meaning of the word 'spouse' and reduces it to something unspeakable, not elevates it to a status where God Himself would be pleased to call us His.

Cindy said:

Quote:
Some say a homosexual marriage is not really a marriage, therefore it falls into a different category. I personally do not see a difference.

There is a sense in which I agree with you completely, Cindy, not because there is such a thing as homosexual marriage, but because there is no need in God's sight for a civil ceremony to be performed, for a true marriage to have legal status before God.

2006/8/15 13:37

Re:

Id make sure to clarify what point it is you are agreeing with cindy on (as you did, of course)...so you dont confuse the readers into thinking that two men can ever be seen as anything but abomination before God.

In agreement with the rest of your post, it really doesnt matter how secular government defines 'marriage' as far as God and His word goes.

I defy cindy or anyone to present even the first passage that ever implies or alludes to two men even having the ability to be 'married'.

Even UNLAWFULLY married, Philips 'marriage' to Herodias WAS acknowledged by John the baptist as cindy often likes to point out...yet she has NO scripture showing this absurdity that men can 'marry' men before God....apples and oranges.

In that she is completely wrong...there is no actual comparison to Gods union of marriage created by Him in the beginning with the abomination of two men pretending like they have some 'right' to be joined (even before Him).

Secular laws at times have permitted abortion....does that mean it isnt murder in Gods eyes?
No, it doesnt.
Secular lawmakers dont get to redefine what God has already defined...murder is pretty much taking of innocent human life.

So...are we accepting civil definitions for marriage or are we sticking to what Gods word presents?
I really wasnt interested in what MAN calls marriage but what Gods shows that it is. :)

additionally, I do agree with you dorcas, that no ceremony would be required to make a man and woman 'married'...altho I believe adamantly that there must be something that occurs between them and God that acknowledges that their intent is to be 'married' and faithful before Him for life...meaning that I dont believe that 'sex' makes a marriage but a covenant.

2006/8/15 14:00

Re: Is Remarriage Adulterous?

Quote:
I dont believe that 'sex' makes a marriage but a covenant.

And the covenant comes first, of course. That's what sets the scene for the bed to be 'undefiled' - Heb 13:4.

2006/8/16 12:37

Re:

I always thought scripture in the NT dealing with divorce & remarriage was quite plain and simple to understand. But after reading this thread I feel like my head is gonna explode! We here on this forum sure have a way of simplifying the complex and complicating the obvious! LOL

Krispy

2006/8/16 15:33

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
I always thought scripture in the NT dealing with divorce & remarriage was quite plain and simple to understand. But after reading this thread I feel like my head is gonna explode! We here on this forum sure have a way of simplifying the complex and complicating the obvious! LOL

Krispy

the thing is that it IS simple....VERY simple.
But there are those who complicate it with legalism causing some to have to go back thru the scriptures and explain the whole thing from the beginning to show exactly why it says what it does.

If some could just accept the fact that the marriage covenant has never been UNconditional, nor was it designed as such, then there would be no need for these long, confusing threads.

But I dont see that happening. Folks love complexity and legalism....makes em feel more 'justified' ;-)

2006/8/16 17:13
ConsiderHim

USA

Re:

I'm curious, Krispy... what do you understand the NT to teach in regard to divorce and remarriage?

I agree that those who come to the Word of God without an agenda, and are honest intellectually, will understand God's heart.

2006/8/18 21:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy