SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials II

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro worldview

Quote:

WorldView wrote:
well what if two people claiming to be prophets deliver conflicting words claiming to be from God?

then our Lord will expose which one prophesied falsely. i'm reminded of when Jeremiah had to wear an ox-yoke to symbolize Israel's bondage and another prophet said that the bondage wouldn't last long (3 yrs of something) and he removed it and broke it. he too claimed to speak for our Lord. then God had Jeremiah wear a metal yoke which couldn't be broken and what came to pass was the prophecy of jeremiah rather than the other one. it is possible the other prophet was indeed really a prophet but spoke from himself or misinterpreted what God said, or he could have been an agent of the enemy. God knows.

2006/8/1 20:25Profile
WorldView

Davao, Philippines

Re:

I'm just curious because I have heard prophets, people who I know and believe to be prophets, speaking of a great favor comming to this nation and that God is setting up Chriatians for prosperity.

2006/8/1 22:37Profile
roadsign

Re: prosperity indeed

Quote:
I have heard prophets, people who I know and believe to be prophets, speaking of a great favor comming to this nation and that God is setting up Chriatians for prosperity.

Just curious: Were these prophets foretelling spiritual prosperity or material prosperity? There is a big difference. It is an issue of interpretation - a typical problem. For example, The OT prophets foretold a spiritual kingdom with a Messiah who would lead them to freedom, but the Jews interpreted that to mean a political kingdom with political freedom. They could not accept the judgments on their forefathers so they couldn’t accept the mercy via Christ. And thus they misinterpreted the prophesies.

Of course, God is going to shine his favor – but it will not look like prosperity as we know it. Quite the opposite. Divine mercy and love requires the removal our temporal securities (through judgment) That paves the way for us to accept God’s rich blessings – his redemption, Holy Spirit, etc.

Judgment precedes mercy (and blessings). You can’t have the second with out the first. To prophesy one or the other is incomplete. That would be a distortion of the character of our Lord.

King David understood: “In wrath remember mercy”

… that’s my two cents…

Diane

2006/8/2 8:05Profile
WorldView

Davao, Philippines

Re:

It was specifically financial prosperity, specifically to the United States and even more specifically to the church.

specifically specific

lol

2006/8/2 11:05Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Ironman & Rahman,

Sorry for sounding snippy.

Murray

2006/8/2 11:27Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Murray
i didn't think you sounded snippy, your question was valid and i can see where you and bro mike are coming from hence the clarification about what all this is about.

2006/8/2 11:42Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro worldview

Quote:

WorldView wrote:
I'm just curious because I have heard prophets, people who I know and believe to be prophets, speaking of a great favor comming to this nation and that God is setting up Chriatians for prosperity.

were these prophets speaking of the nation in general or specifically about Christians? Our Lord is going to bring some Christians into great wealth for the purpose of tending to those in need when the economy collapses however. more like stewards of His wealth.

judgement is coming to this nation and the world and we as the Church will be the first to get it because the word says judgment begins in God's house.

2006/8/2 18:55Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

didn't see this post

Quote:

WorldView wrote:
It was specifically financial prosperity, specifically to the United States and even more specifically to the church.

specifically specific

lol

i don't see the prosperity which will come to some as being prosperity as it's come to be defined but rather stewardship for the benefit of all. we as the Church will receive judgement but thereafter mercy as sis diane said and also as it has always been.

2006/8/2 18:58Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: a day of reckoning

R Day minus 12?

Quote:
Quote:

philologos wrote:
Quote:
if i'm right though bro Ron what will you say?
Let's make a date to meet here on 1st January 2008 (if the internet is still running) and see how it all stands.

It won't be the first time I've been wrong.

we'll do that, assuming i don't have to be in hiding...i may have to hide at your house!

wow, there's no turning back now is there? i believe firmly that i heard from our Lord and He has given me just enough reason to believe. now we're about to see if this is for real or if i'm really deluded.

Lord have your way. AMEN.

2007/12/19 17:04Profile
IRONMAN

and the beat goes on...R day minus 12 indeed!

bro Ron Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

it's good to know you are out there, i haven't heard from you in AGES bro, i pray God has been keeping you and yours.

bro, now you know i didn't need any reminding about what i believe i heard of our Lord to post on here :-P i live with it each day! if by Jan 1 2008 y'all haven't seen or heard me running around this land saying "in 3 days fire will fall from heaven!" or it hasn't happened by then, like i said, i'd apologize, recant, repent and sit down and be quiet. you won't have to worry about me running my mouth...Either way i'll be free from the delusion of free in the the work God will have for me then, Romans 8:28 is about to work out in an interesting manner...

on the flip side i hope you'd pray hard for me and not leave me to the wolves in keeping with what Paul says about the stronger in the Faith bearing with the weaker and the general Spirit of the Faith...unless you think i'm not of the Faith then that's different...some of the brethren have offered comfort for bro Rahman and i both if nothing happens, which is much appreciated.

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus.AMN.

2007/12/19 22:13Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy