SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials II

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Considering...

Hi IRONMAN,

Quote:
however when the prophets were sent to the jews they rejected them for the most part and then when Christ came He too was rejected, i'd have expected Him to be embraced by His people.

Ah, but does that really square here? We are not dealing with those who have rejected Him.

Brother, what I had alluded too much earlier on is showing in fissures and considerations that are noteworthy. I do not think even Ron's questions are of a condemning sort that might be supposed but are borne out of a concern, sharp, pointed perhaps and this last one is quite demanding ... Made somewhat of a similar expression in the other thread on WW-III.

Again, a lot of this is in generalities and in putting all things to the test. Had stated there the challenge to come back a year from now and see where we are, not a veiled accusation, just a test.

Somewhere awhile back saved a 'prophecy' from some leader of a prayer movement that had some renown. It contained specific items that were to take place that year. Returning to it past the anniversary there was nothing of substance whatsoever, none of it took place. Going further, checked back to the site where it stemmed from. No retraction. No comment. Completely forgotten about ... A hunch is that the next batch is already in place...

The whole bottom line here is just the concern for the ease and often carelessness that springs forth these verbal ejaculations. Just as well those who's heart's are right doesn't make the demands of these things any less ...demanding nor given any slack because of that.

Well understand the torment of being double-minded brother, a plague that could be wished upon no one. At some point and far from fully having attained it entirely there was a inward recapitulating of;

Jam 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

That settledness inwardly even if and when it is 'disturbing' if that makes sense. It defies the want of explanation or defending, well pleased to leave well enough alone, is not shaken nor overly concerned that whatever it may be, 'prophecy', exhortation, even embarrassment and that grand foolishness ... humility ... is attributed to it by even the closet of Brethren. It is far from pride or being offended and much, much closer to this broken record that keeps coming forth...

[i]Thou Knowest[/i]

Just glad to see the fissures of consideration IRONMAN, not to anyone of us specifically but just as fellow indwelt believers watching out for each other and for those perusing through here.
Remember, Ron has stated in the past, "Don't believe a thing I have to say if it doesn't square with scripture." (Paraphrased). I would echo the same.

2006/7/27 10:12Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: philogogos

Quote:
I was not asking to be antagonistic, just curious.

I had not interpreted the question in any other way. ;-)

2006/7/27 11:19Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Worldview

Quote:
You know I think where some, if not many contemporary prophets go wrong, is that they are so used to having the Lord speak through them that they begin to assume that everything they have to say is of God.

ah this is something key here to consider.

2006/7/27 12:55Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Quote:
You know I think where some, if not many contemporary prophets go wrong, is that they are so used to having the Lord speak through them that they begin to assume that everything they have to say is of God.

ah this is something key here to consider.

And if I might also ask, how does a believer grow or confess fault who has assumed the office of a Prophet? The [i]pressure[/i] to always be justifying every action would be tremendous. Can a Prophet be teachable? Can one who has assumed the role of the Oracle of God receive correction? Has anyone ever heard of a Prophet saying they made a mistake? Not even the Apostle Peter was beyond error and above correction. It seems to me to be a bad place to be found to not be able to admit error.

2006/7/27 13:04Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro mike

Quote:
Ah, but does that really square here? We are not dealing with those who have rejected Him.

you have a point bro, however i guess i'm saying that those to whom the message was sent seemed the most likely candidates to hear the word and repent but they didn't. i think of the ninevites who did repent (albeit for a time) but the jews never did though, you'd have thought it would have been the other way around. i know you have not rejected Him however is it possible that perhaps we cut ourselves too much slack? jus something to consider.i was thinking of when our Lord had me give that message that we ought to repent and you asked why i wasn't out there saying this to anyone else like creflo dollar because most here didn't need that message (or something to that effect)do we let ourselves off the hook?

Quote:
Brother, what I had alluded too much earlier on is showing in fissures and considerations that are noteworthy. I do not think even Ron's questions are of a condemning sort that might be supposed but are borne out of a concern, sharp, pointed perhaps and this last one is quite demanding ... Made somewhat of a similar expression in the other thread on WW-III.

well perhaps being the receiving end of such questions i may be more prone to seeing it all as a condemnation. ever since that incident about the angels, (wherein bro Ron said something to the effect that i worshipped them or was overly fascinated by them)all i can say is this isn't true and if we were to be in physical fellowship this would be plain. bro Ron has believed me to be as being deceived so i kinda feel (and if i'm wrong bro Ron forgive me) that the rejection stems from that. nonetheless i hope though bro Ron that you're praying as hard for me as you think me decieved lest i go further out to sea. i hope that the concern which would have you come out and ask such is enough to cause you to intercede mightily to help a brother out.

i do remember though from the call to repentance quite a few quickly said i wasn't a prophet. what i felt led of our Lord to say then seemed like a flippant use of "thus sayeth the Lord" i'm know, but could one not say the same about the immediate response?

i praise God though that we've gone through about 4 pages and not had the thread locked. we've grown since by His grace.

Quote:
Somewhere awhile back saved a 'prophecy' from some leader of a prayer movement that had some renown. It contained specific items that were to take place that year. Returning to it past the anniversary there was nothing of substance whatsoever, none of it took place. Going further, checked back to the site where it stemmed from. No retraction. No comment. Completely forgotten about ... A hunch is that the next batch is already in place...

and such makes it hard for true prophets since after such events most people then write everyone off so the word is not likely to be received even among the saved which is what i was getting to earlier that you'd expect His bride to hear the word but this is not always the case.

i've heard it said that paul's thorn in his flesh was a physical ailment. then someone on these boards said it was likely a rejection of the revelations he was given which made him a bit unsure of what he had heard. i say this in reference to the double-mindedness i had been wrestling with for so long. i've resolved to believe all this is from our Lord (that seems even harder than being double-minded somehow at times)

learning a lot

2006/7/27 13:26Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Ron

Quote:
So your reputation as a prophet is dependent upon an economic collapse which will have happened by the end of 2007?

ultimately God will will have final say and our opinions will be of no consequence.i sought our Lord on that very question you asked before posting. He asked if i had confidence enough in what i'd heard from Him to do so. Since i fully believe i heard from our Lord i will say yes. so like micaiah i'm risking it all on this. the economy of this nation will collapse sometime next year. i have no exact date or anything further concerning that event except i'm to announce it 3 days before it happens. i have no clue how this is to happen but our Lord said that men would think me beyond looney (i guess He'll make me a spectacle) but after it happens i'll be hated of men.

if i am wrong brother Ron and all, i'll confess it then proceed to sit down and shut up. bro i've agonized over his because, if i'm decieved and decieve noone else then that's my butt on the line, however if it involves other people, i don't want blood on my hands because of my foolishness. i've spent a bunch of time thinking "man i must be in serious need of help coz this is crazy"i would hope also that you my brethen would lift me up in prayer as i for sure would be in dire need of it rather than only kick me when i've made myself fall.

if i'm right though bro Ron what will you say? i don't think that it would really make much difference since there will be questions raised at every turn though as to the validity of my calling to this and i think this to be true of anyone else called to be a prophet. unless God Himself moves to make it make a difference, nothing will change.

if i asked this and someone answered then forgive me. howcome we don't debate or go through the same when someone says i'm an evangelist/teacher/preacher? should we not also do the same regarding these callings also? just curious.

2006/7/27 13:46Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Has anyone ever heard of a Prophet saying they made a mistake?

Nathan?
“And Nathan said to the king, Go, do all that is in thine heart; for the Lord is with thee. And it came to pass that night, that the word of the Lord came unto Nathan, saying, Go and tell my servant David, Thus saith the Lord, Shalt thou build me an house for me to dwell in?”
(2Sam 7:3-5 KJVS)

2006/7/27 14:00Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
if i'm right though bro Ron what will you say?

Let's make a date to meet here on 1st January 2008 (if the internet is still running) and see how it all stands.

It won't be the first time I've been wrong.

2006/7/27 14:06Profile
IRONMAN

a day of reckoning

bro Ron

Quote:

philologos wrote:
Quote:
if i'm right though bro Ron what will you say?

Let's make a date to meet here on 1st January 2008 (if the internet is still running) and see how it all stands.

It won't be the first time I've been wrong.

we'll do that, assuming i don't have to be in hiding...i may have to hide at your house!

wow, there's no turning back now is there? i believe firmly that i heard from our Lord and He has given me just enough reason to believe. now we're about to see if this is for real or if i'm really deluded.

Lord have your way. AMEN.

2006/7/27 14:19Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re: a day of reckoning

Quote:
Has anyone ever heard of a Prophet saying they made a mistake?

Nathan?

“And Nathan said to the king, Go, do all that is in thine heart; for the Lord is with thee. And it came to pass that night, that the word of the Lord came unto Nathan, saying, Go and tell my servant David, Thus saith the Lord, Shalt thou build me an house for me to dwell in?” (2Sam 7:3-5 KJVS)

Thanks for that example Ron. Looks like to me that if it were good for Nathan it ought to be good for the rest.

Quote:
we'll do that, assuming i don't have to be in hiding...i may have to hide at your house!

[u]wow, there's no turning back now is there?[/u] i believe firmly that i heard from our Lord and He has given me just enough reason to believe. now we're about to see if this is for real or if i'm really deluded.

Speaking on behalf of the LORD is always a serious matter. I sense reluctance in this underlined statement. Are you sure you wish to do this?

2006/7/27 14:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy