SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials II

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
Quote:
Mike, sorry if I misjudged you on this. It was certainly true at the time that word was shared. It's just that I'm rather fearful that you will again reject it. It was a call to all leaders, or others who have any kind of spiritual responsibility. So to have it scorned was hard to bear.

Not sure why you would be fearful of that sister, it matters little what I might think or 'reject'.

Fearful because what if it's a true word that you have rejected after all? Also perhaps a bit of a feeling of personal rejection. Irrational I know, and completely unimportant, but still made me hesitate, more than I might otherwise, expecting a rebuff.

The Lord has done a great work of healing in this area of rejection, but there's still that temptation...

But that's irrelevant...

Quote:
Feel free to post it again though, it is a bit difficult to discuss this without the benefit of everyone else and makes this a bit too personal.

I don't think there's any point, but if anyone wants it?...

Quote:
It is my intention to be soft spoken, but the more we try to pass over this with a magic wand the more I will protest and hair split. And before people wonder if I am against prophecy, it may very well be that my rigid insistence on testability allows me to claim I hold prophecy in higher esteem then the 'prophets' themselves, who seem to allow the straw to be mixed in with the gold without losing a wink of sleep. Personally I couldn't imagine daring to speak for God without this type of utter accountability.

I too am all for accountability in these matters, that's one reason I don't really understand your problem with that word, as it seemed very much in line with Scripture to me.

More to the point, what do you think of the relevant scriptures? (Key parts bolded)

Heb 12:
[color=990000]25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, [b]Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain[/b].[/color]

Luke 21:
[color=990000]25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and [b]upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring[/b][/color]

Blessings

Jeannette

2007/12/24 18:39
Compton

Re:

Hi Jeannette,

Quote:
I too am all for accountability in these matters, that's one reason I don't really understand your problem with that word, as it seemed very much in line with Scripture to me.

I don't have a problem (to use your phrase) with Ironman's word because of any scriptural conflict in the content.

Also, I apologize if I sounded like I was making an assumption regarding your attitudes towards America sister...I was only wanting to make a general point. I shouldn't have added any specific reason or motive to my point.

And my point is, regardless of our various individual positions, we should let the outcome of history, during this final week of 2007, speak for itself.

Blessings,

MC

2007/12/24 20:51Profile

Re:

Hi Brother Compton. Jeannette was responding to MikeB about this "word" she posted on the Something Horrible thread.

This word, despite that fact that it's in the "first person", is one in a zillion that I agree with whole-heartedly. No exaggeration on that "one in a zillion" part neither.

Anyhow, here it is ~

Quote:
WALKING ON WATER
A Prophecy to leaders in the Church
Through David Noakes

'In the days which are to come , that part of the Church which will survive and prevail as overcomers will be that part which has learned to walk upon the waters, trusting only in me. There will be such storms that it will no longer be possible, as it were, to cross the waters by the ordinary means of using a boat, for the storms will be such that any boat will founder.

The ways of traditional church organisation will not be adequate for the needs, because they will be too rigid and inflexible to withstand the wind and the waves, and those who have put their trust in them for their security will be like those who find themselves in a boat which is overwhelmed and doomed to sink.

'In those days only those who have learned to walk upon the waters will walk in safety. Do not put my people into rigid formal structures, for to do this is to put them into a boat which will seem adequate and comfortable while the waters are calm, but will later become a place of death for those whose only experience has been to get in and enjoy the ride.

'The structure of my church is not to be like a ship, a monolithic whole, a structure created by men. It is to be my body, a thing which is completely mobile and flexible, able to respond and adapt to the needs of the moment.

'A body will survive; but any structure created through the wisdom and efforts of man will prove to be like the ship which will sink in the time of trouble and pressure. Do not over-organise my people but teach them the ways of God; teach them the way of listening for the voice of my Spirit, and of spontaneous action in obedience to those promptings.

'Teach them not to rely upon men or upon any form of organised structure, but teach them that each one must have his trust solely in me, the Head of the body, who alone has the wisdom to guide his people through the stormy waters.

'The days are coming when every item of your security which depends on the ways of man and the structures of the world will be taken from you, No matter how hard you have laboured to build it up and no matter how much my people have asked me to bless it, it will all be like having placed your treasure in a bank which has suddenly closed its doors to you and will permit you no access.

'Teach my people, therefore, the way of walking on the water. Teach them in these days while the waters are yet calm to put their eyes upon me with a whole-hearted intensity, and to trust me implicitly in all matters, whether they seem great or small.

'As each member learns to recognise and obey the instructions of the Head, so all together will begin to be able to function as one body.

'This will never come about through human organisation, but only as they learn to walk continually under the direct leading of my Spirit. Your task is not to organise them but rather to teach them how to walk hand in hand with me.

Consider what is written in my Word and hold it close to your hearts.

'Thus it is written, "Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart departs from the Lord, for he shall be like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see when good comes, but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land which is not inhabited. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, for he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river and will not fear when heat comes, but its leaf will be green; and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit."

'Let me teach you how to live and how to lead my people according to this word, in order that I may have a people who are able to walk upon the waters in the day of the storm.'
[end quote]

Not endorsing Noakes, but this word/message/whatever is the need of the hour I believe.

Just my personal opinion, and I do know what that's worth.

Shalom in Him.

2007/12/25 2:13

Re:

Duplicated post!

2007/12/25 6:42

Re:

Thank you Annie

I was going to post the link only (when there was time to find it) but again that hesitation; for it is a fearful thing to reject what God is saying to the Church in these days. As it is also a fearful thing to go after false prophets.

I read that word again - was there a possibility that it wasn't right?

But the message is clear, and in full agreement with Scripture; the only difference being that it [i]applies[/i] what the Bible already speaks of, and gives practical counsel on that basis.

For example:

Quote:
'A body will survive; but any structure created through the wisdom and efforts of man will prove to be like the ship which will sink in the time of trouble and pressure

Haven't saints in lands where there is persecution already found that to be true? Our problem in the West is that we have had things so easy for so long. We are not ready!

And

Quote:
'The days are coming when every item of your security which depends on the ways of man and the structures of the world will be taken from you, No matter how hard you have laboured to build it up and no matter how much my people have asked me to bless it, it will all be like having placed your treasure in a bank which has suddenly closed its doors to you and will permit you no access.

Note there is no time scale given, only "the days are coming", which is obvious anyway. And the signs are that it [i]will[/i] be quite soon, (this isn't intended to be prophetic, but I shall be surprised if I die physically before Jesus returns). For, though not all is ready for the coming of the Lord, (for example, the Antichrist comes first before the true Christ's return), world events are escalating fast.

Indeed this is much bigger than even what happens to America and the Western world...

Romans 13:
[color=990000]11 ¶ And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.[/color]

Of course, that was 2,000 years ago. How much more now is "the night far spent".

in Him

Jeannette

2007/12/25 6:48
Compton

Re:

Thanks Annie!

...all these Mike's around here Jeannette!

Merry Christmas morning.

MC

2007/12/25 10:43Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

There have been some very astute observations on this thread, and I have read it from “oldest to newest”. Some very wise words by our moderator, and by the “other” Mike, and many others, and the beauty of this whole thread that the questions, the rebukes, the admonitions have been just as the Word commands us, in the spirit of meekness and consideration and yet some very plain and needed calls for authenticity. I have to agee that this whole thing of anyone proclaiming themselves a prophet is quite troublesome, and especially the whole nexus of this whole thead. In the New Testament, the prophecy regarding Paul in connection to what would happen to him in Jerusalem was not just by “a” prophet, but the Word says:
Acts 20:23 (KJV) 23Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

In other words it was confirmed, (in that day before the New Testament was written and the cannon of scripture complete) by the Holy Spirit in many places by many of God’s children… That is not to say that God cannot and did not and has not given words of prophecy to just one or two individuals…. But all this self-defense and speculation, and maybe and back and forth, I hope, I really hope is not read by sinners and seekers for truth outside the SI family because instead of clarity, this can only result in confusion with a capital C which is NOT of God regardless of how many good intentions are involved.

And where in all of this “word of prophesy” is what “edifies the church” (1 Corinthians 14:4). The whole thread has been that of treading lightly trying to “edify the ‘prophets’”.
1 Corinthians 14:12 (KJV) 12Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church….
22b …but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.”

1 Corinthians 14:26 (KJV) 26How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

1 Corinthians 14:29 - 30 (KJV) 29Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge. 30If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
Again there is the unquestionable assurance that there will be an assurance regarding the absolute truth of the prophecy in the body…
1 Corinthians 14:37 - 38 (KJV) 37If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 38But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

As has already been pointed out many times in this thread, there is absolutely no need for a prophesy regarding the economic collapse in this country, the world is already expecting one.
Another key word that has been used is “maturity”. Modesty has been defined by “not drawing attention to oneself”… sorry, but this whole thing has been immodest.

And to compare any of this, even some of the more well known folk who have “prophesied” in these last days with the prophets who were thrown into slime pits (Jeremiah), sawn from straddle to head (Isaiah), put on bread and water until the prophesy came to pass (Micaiah), exiled and fed by ravens, hidden by God until the word came to pass (Elijah), or the prophet/apostle Paul whose life was one of suffering the loss of all things and counting them but rubbish… bearing in his body the marks of Jesus Christ, tribulations of every sort for speaking truth…. to compare that to having hurt feelings because someone did not accept “a word”…
That is a sad commentary on how unprepared we are in this country for the realities (not our feelings and speculations and attempts to speak to someone else what God can and does speak to those who are His without having to have a little help from friends…) that His Word so clearly, clearly has already prophesied regarding the last days…. “nevertheless, when the Son of Man cometh will He find faith on the earth?”

There is enough to keep us all very busily engaged regarding what is coming IN THE WORD. And the fact that America will suffer for her sins is not something that takes a special calling to predict but a very simple understanding of the holiness of God.

Closing with this one question… “how much have you suffered for simply declaring what the Word says?” That is the question that qualifies…

In love,

Clint

2007/12/25 13:00Profile

Re: Prophetic Credentials II

broclint, that was an excellent post - which makes it hard to change the subject somewhat.

I wanted to make a short list of a few things of which I'm aware which make 2007 different from other years. Washington and New York, are a kind of code, like 'Egypt' or 'Jerusalem' which similarly have [i]histories[/i] which are on-going and meaningful in their engagement with world events - whether overt or clandestine. I'm sure other items could be added to my rather UK-orientated observations.

During 2007, there was an uncontested change of leadership in the ruling political party here. I don't know if this has ever happened before but we have a new Prime Minister - Gordon Brown - whose ten years in the Treasury while Tony Blair was Prime Minster, enabled the UK to go to war in several places.

Tony Blair's resignation was soon followed by his appointment to a post which I believe has been created for him, as Europe 'develops'.

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,,2111455,00.html]Tony Blair now Middle East peace envoy[/url]

'Diplomats said there was some disquiet over the way US talks with Mr Blair were well advanced before any details were shared with the other [u]quartet partners[/u].'

[url=http://www.number10.gov.uk/output/Page12006.asp]Brief bio[/url] ends 'He continues to be interested in inter-faith issues and the promotion of inter-faith understanding.'

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6760937.stm]Blair in Europe: a false messiah?[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=21365&forum=48&0]Tony Blair joins Catholic Church on 24th December, 2007[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20836&forum=48&2]Middle East peace conference opens in Maryland, US[/url]

'Standing before the diplomats from more than 40 countries and international agencies at the US naval academy at Annapolis, Maryland, President Bush stepped back to allow the Palestinian and Israeli leaders to shake hands.'

One can't help but note the Pentagon's provision of a conference venue.

This month, in Iraq, British Forces in the south of the country officially handed over operational control to Iraqi forces, although there will be background and continued training and reconstruction support from the British. A withdrawal of some troops is planned for 2008. Some will be sent to Afghanistan.

I'm sure more has happened this year, but it's remarkable how quietly these [i]major changes[/i] have passed with very little media analysis.

2007/12/27 13:03
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: change the subject somewhat

quote:I'm sure more has happened this year, but it's remarkable how quietly these major changes have passed with very little media analysis.

It is like the line from Philip Brooks hymn: "how silently, how silently..." another line says, "above thy thy deep and dreamless sleep".

Mr. Blair openly joining the Catholic Church, the continual drumbeat from both sides of the Atlantic to make a "Palestinian" nation... you are so right, regarding "major changes". On another thread, "HeReigns" has pointed out some major changes within what is called "the church" that is totally in lockstep with the march toward One world government.

I just watched Greg Gordon's interview regarding how this site was concieved. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

How we need to pray for one another as we see the DAY approaching.

Thank you for complimenting the last post... I certainly did not and do not want to hurt the brothers who are no doubt in enough pain at this time.

What a challenging time to be alive!

May God help us all to humble ourselves... let me rephrase that... may God help ME to humble myself more than ever before to seek His face that I may be used for His glory "for such a time".

Clint

2007/12/28 16:47Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Dorcas

I would like to point out some other things.

1. 2007 marks Jerusalem in Israel's hands for Forty years.

2. 2007 marks the 300th anniversary of the Act of Union between England and Scotland. That means for the none British people that was the start of the United Kingdom.

3. 2007 Marks America's 400th Anniversary. Jamestown founded.

4. 2007 marks the 140 years since the passing of the British North America Act by the British Parliament, the Province of Canada, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia became a federation, regarded as a kingdom in her own right.

5. 2007 marks 200 years of the Abolition of the Slave Trade it become law on 25th March, 1807.

Are there any others I have missed?

Are these timings a fluke or what?

What is God saying to us?

2007/12/28 20:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy