SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bibles: the need for in China.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Deany1980

Hong Kong (SAR)

Re: Funds to contribute to

In short, yes, you can donate money to help get Bibles into China. :-D

There are funds and ways to help get Bibles into China by donating money. I know for a fact that Voice of the Martyrs print large numbers of materials which they give freely to organisations like Autumn Rain, Open Doors, etc to smuggle in (I am impressed with them definitely). Autumn Rain has a "Bible Fund", and just about any Bible smuggling group needs money for getting the Bibles to different Provinces once inside.

You can help by supporting the Bible smugglers personally who carry the Bibles, who have to see the custom officers faces pretty much every day, yet trust God to get through (I thought I knew what spiritual warfare was before, I have a 200% better understanding now). Many of us work full time carrying Bibles and trust God for finances. My lunch if I eat out costs about $1.50US ($12HK) or less if I'm in China (maybe half half that price), so Bible smugglers generally live cheep.

2006/7/20 19:42Profile
Deany1980

Hong Kong (SAR)

Re: Paul Hattaway's cool.

So cool about Paul Hattaway, he was room-mates with the guy Doug who runs Autumn Rain (who I'm with), and was at Doug and Julie's wedding (they co-run Autumn Rain). It seems that so many people who are involved with Missions in South East Asia know each other and go back a fair way.

2006/7/22 11:09Profile
Deany1980

Hong Kong (SAR)

Bibles Unbound

http://www.biblesunbound.com

Bibles unbound - ran by Voice of the Martyrs, pay them $30 a month, receive New Testaments and you can personally post them to contacts who are without Bibles. It's a good thing they've setup allowing you to be a Bible smuggler from your own home.

Autumn Rain, we take whole Bibles, study Bibles and other Christian literature in big bulk across the border daily, the need is great - if there's anyway you can help it is one of the biggest needs in the Church today.

2006/8/2 21:36Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Language?

does it matter if the literature is in English?

2006/8/8 12:29Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Language?

Can you read Chinese? (laugh!)

2006/8/8 13:03Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Enid

LOL :-P

no, I can't but I was wondering why they would want literature sent to them if it was in English...

2006/8/8 13:17Profile
Deany1980

Hong Kong (SAR)

Chinese ofcourse *haha*

*haha* - it's more common then you would think, the number of times I am asked if the Bibles are in Chinese that we carry across the border.

YES! They're in Chinese.

The big issues are that Church's are being demolished, Church leaders arrested and people travel great distances to be around a person who has a Bible. PASTORS without Bibles - serving by life or by death. This should be a challenge, and if we can help by praying, giving, or carrying in Bibles ourselves, we should.

2006/8/9 11:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy