SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Gospel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Matthew 5:3, "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Psalm 119:1-6, "Blessed are the undefiled in the way, [b]who walk[/b] in the law of the Lord! Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with the [b]whole heart.[/b]! They also do no iniquity; they [b]walk[/b] in His ways. You have commanded us to keep Your precepts diligently, [b]Oh, that my ways were directed to keep Your statutes! Then I would not be ashamed,[/b] when I look into all Your commandments."

Those who are proud will not [b]walk[/b] in His ways. Only those who cry out, "Oh, that my ways were directed to keep Your statutes! Then I would not be ashamed..." The Psalmist tells us of his spirit. What can those who read and meditate on his thoughts learn from the word of God? Should not we seek to have the same spirit? [b]His disciples will walk on the Highway of Holiness.[/b]

In Christ
Jeff

2004/1/30 6:56Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5:4

"My soul melts (drops) from heaviness (grief); strengthen me according to Your word. Remove from me the way of lying.." Psalm 119:28-29

"Incline my heart to Your testimonies, and not to covetousness, turn my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way." verses 35-37

"I entreated Your favor with my whole heart; be merciful to me according to Your word. I thought about my ways, and turned my feet to Your testimonies." verses 58-59

"Before I was afflicted I went astray. But now I keep Your word...It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes...I know, O Lord, that Your judgements are right, and that in faithfulness You have afflicted me." verses 67,71,75

"My flesh trembles for fear of You, and I am afraid of Your judgments...Let my soul live, and it shall praise You; and let Your jugdments help me. I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek Your servant." verses 120, 175, 176

"Rivers of water run down from my eyes, because men do not keep Your law...I cry out with my whole heart; hear me, O Lord! I will keep Your statutes. I cry out to You; save me, and I will keep your testimonies...I rise before the dawning of the morning, and cry for help." verses 136, 145-147

The psalmist is writing about his relationship with God. His heart crys out for his Lord. We too should begin to experience this relationship with our Lord. His promise, "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."

In Christ
Jeff

2004/1/31 8:41Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Psa 119:26 I have declared my ways, and thou heardest me: [b]teach me[/b] thy statutes.
Psa 119:27 [b] Make me[/b] to understand the way of thy precepts: so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.

Psa 119:30 I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me.

Psa 119:33 HE.[b] Teach me,[/b] O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.
Psa 119:35 [b] Make me[/b] to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.

2004/2/1 4:58Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Good morning crsschk:

Here is another, "Remember the [b]word[/b] to Your servant, upon which You [b]have caused[/b] me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your [b]word [/b] has given me [b]life[/b]." Psalm 119:49-50

God reaches down to His creation and speaks His promise to the faithful. This Scripture is a definition of faith. The bliss of knowing God will cause us to love Him who loved us first.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/2/2 6:49Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

"Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth." Matthew 5:5

"My soul breaks with longing for Your judgments at all times. You rebuke the proud- the cursed, who stray from Your commandments. Remove from me the reproach and contempt, for I have kept Your testimonies. Princes also sit and speak against me, but Your servant meditates on Your statutes. Your testimonies also are my delight and my [b]counselors.[/b]." Psalm 119:20-24

"Let Your mercies come also to me, O Lord- Your salvation according to Your word. So shall I have an answer for him who reproaches me, for I trust in Your word...I will speak of Your testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed." verses 41,42,46

"Redeem me from the oppression of man, that I may keep Your precepts, make Your face shine upon Your servant, and teach me Your statutes." verses 134-135

His servant prays for God to deliver him from the taunts of the lost. Jesus said the world would hate you, because it hated Him first. The substance of His servants hope is in the peace and joy that comes from the relationship with God. Meekness comes when God gives understanding in the midst of the reproaches that surely will come from the world.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/2/2 7:09Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled."

The writer of Psalm 119 cries out for His righteousness. Can we say as he does, "You are my portion, O Lord; I have said that I would keep Your words. I entreat Your favor with my whole heart; be merciful to me according to Your word." verses 57-58

Does our relationship with our Lord cause our hearts to say, "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters, He restores my soul; He leads me in the [b]paths of righteousness[/b] for [b]His names sake.[/b]. Yea, through I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for [b]You are with me.[/b] You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You [b]anoint my head with oil; [/b] my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I [b]will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.[/b]

This is the gospel of Christ. This is the good news of the kingdom. This is the substance of our hope. "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

"but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have [b]life[/b] in His name." John 20:31

Look for [b]the Life[/b] in the word of God. It is a real thing not just an idea. The Life is the gospel. Those who have the Life have salvation and will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/2/3 7:49Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

"For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, [b]much more[/b], having been reconciled, [b]we shall be saved by His life.[/b]"

This is the gospel. Jesus reconciled us to the Father through His sacrifice on the cross. However, what is far more valuable to us is our relationship with Him. As we walk with Jesus we learn from Him. The testimonies, precepts, ordinances, judgements, and commands that we receive from Him teaches us, makes us to understand His work in us. We experience His life. "We shall be saved by His life." This is the good news of the kingdom.

I do not seek to diminish His sacrifice for He will show us the way of the cross and the resurrected life. "He restores my soul, He leads me in the paths of righteousness, for His name sake."

In Christ
Jeff

2004/2/4 7:22Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

"In Him was life, and the life was the light of men." John 1:4

"Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." John 8:12

"To bring back his soul from the Pit, that he may be enlightened with the [b]light of life."[/b] Job 33:30

"The Lord is my [b]light[/b] and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

"For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light we see light." Psalm 36:9

"Then God said, "Let there be light", and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness..." Genesis 1:3-4

All things are created through Jesus Christ, even our salvation. "For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to
[b]conformed to the image of His Son[/b], that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified." Romans *:29-30

Justification, sanctification, and glorification are not seperate. All those who have the "Life" will know Jesus. "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." John 17:3

In Christ
Jeff

2004/2/5 6:20Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

"I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you [b]life[/b] and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose [b]life[/b], that both you and your descendants may live; that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey [b]His voice[/b], and that you may cling to Him, for [b]He is your life[/b] and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them." Deut. 30:19

Look for the evidence of the Life in the OT. It is there.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/2/9 13:30Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

"For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light." Psalm 36:9

"but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst, but the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water, springing up into everlasting life." John 4:14

'For My people have committed two evils; they have foresaken Me, the fountain of living waters, and hewn themselves cisterns--broken cisterns tha can hold no water." Jeremiah 2:13

"And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions [b]under the first covenant[/b], that those who are called may receive the promise of [b]the eternal inheritance."[/b] Hebrews 9:15

"And having been perfected, He became the author of [b]eternal salvation[/b] to all that obey Him." Hebrews 5:9

Look for the work of [b]The Eternal Salvation[/b] in the OT.
See how God worked in the OT saints.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/2/10 7:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy