SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How did you know you were called?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
mamaluk

Re:

Hope this is relevant,

Philippians 2:13 kjv
For it is God which worketh in you both to will (choose) and to do of his good pleasure.

In my mind, even when I choose to do good, it's HIM who chooses through me.

:)

2006/6/26 12:44Profile

Re:

Who is:

"you"

Paul is referring to.... except one who has intimacy with Father? Sorry, no casual Christians allowed in. This is a Kingdom issue.

Orm

2006/6/26 12:55
mamaluk

Re:

Ormly,

Casual Christians?

Kingdom issue? Are you refering to the Kingdom of Heaven or the Kingdom of God? A future earthly Kingdom or the Kingdom of Israel?

You confused me ! :)

Is this a new terminology or some new theology I need to be learning ? If saved by faith (God-given faith) through Grace, and to be adopted as a child through Christ, is not intimate enough, then I feel like I'm dealing with some hyper-spiritualism here. Which I think I'd better back away.

casual, nevertheless, in Christ,
humbly, mml

2006/6/26 13:41Profile

Re:

Quote:

mamaluk wrote:
Ormly,

Casual Christians?

Kingdom issue? Are you refering to the Kingdom of Heaven or the Kingdom of God? A future earthly Kingdom or the Kingdom of Israel?

You confused me ! :)

I don't know anything about future earthly kingdom as some might allude to by twisting scriptures.

The Kingdom of Heaven [Matthew] or God [as the other Gospels have it] is one in the same. Do the research, you find that out.

Quote:
Is this a new terminology or some new theology I need to be learning ? If saved by faith (God-given faith) through Grace, and to be adopted as a child through Christ, is not intimate enough, then I feel like I'm dealing with some hyper-spiritualism here. Which I think I'd better back away.

Learning to be anything in Christ is to learn how to dwell in His kingdom. That's where intimacy/union with Him is to be found.... And He is the door. The Kingdom of God is within you and will never end beginning in this life. Living in it is a revelational issue; it is to live IN His life, by His life. Its called union in Him.

Matthew 7:13-14 (KJV)
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Luke 13:24 (KJV)
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

You may think this only applies to initial salvation -- but think twice about that because there are alot of born againers with ego's and "ruling selfs" out there who think they are OK.... all in the name of Jesus.

Do you know any violent "casual" Christians?

"From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven/God suffers violence, and violent men take it by force. Matthew 11:12 (NASB-U)

What does that mean?

Orm

casual, nevertheless, in Christ,
humbly, mml

2006/6/26 16:10
Logic

Re:

mamaluk wrote:

Quote:
Casual Christians?..........
....casual, nevertheless, in Christ,
humbly, mml

Are you saying that you are a casual christian?
What exactly is a casual christian but one who has no zeal for christ and His Kingdom.

If one is filled with the Spirit, he can not be casual at all.
[[b]Ephesians 5:18[/b] [color=990000]And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; [b]but [u]be being filled[/u] with the Spirit;[/b][/color]

Ormly wrote:
Quote:
Then He invites those will to come to the banquet. "Come and dine the master said". [b]"Take my yoke [my wedding garment][/b] upon you and I will give you rest". And one of the replied: I won't put it on. I won't take your life into me.

Wouldn't you say that the yoke os the cross?
The wedding garment is Christs' rightousness.

2006/6/26 16:47Profile
mamaluk

Re:

hi logic,

I was merely re-iterating what I thought I was labelled,and was only trying to emphasize CHRIST, not myself. Whether my Christianity is casual or not, I am sure HE knows best ,and will judge and correct me accordingly. (By the way, I posted my question to Ormly, not to you, but I do welcome your corrections if you saw that need.)

I was just a little confused by Orm's statement, even though, from reading his posts, I could tell that he loves GOD a lot. And that is as good as anything I hope to see in brethren. But sometimes, statements on forum do get confusing, that's all!

Please remind yourself that I am nobody, I am nothing,praise God. Just forget about me, consider me a horrible Christian, only look to CHRIST If I post something edifying, praise HIM, if I post some jibberish, read somebody else's, that's all! :)

In Christ, mml

2006/6/26 17:46Profile

Re:

Quote:
Ormly wrote:Quote:

Then He invites those will to come to the banquet. "Come and dine the master said". "Take my yoke [my wedding garment] upon you and I will give you rest". And one of the replied: I won't put it on. I won't take your life into me.

Wouldn't you say that the yoke os the cross?

I wouldn't. The yoke is the "Shama" which means to "hear". Deut.6.4: "Hear o Israel.....". To hear, Shama/Shema, carries with it the command that when you hear, you respond. You take into yourself, through the hearing the "lively" word of God and give it your complete attention and a blessable response. In other words it means for us to take into ourselves the understanding of the Father and "Thou shalt love Him with all your heart, soul, mind and strength". His people still have difficulty with that part of it today. The yoke is the government of God.

Quote:
The wedding garment is Christs' rightousness.

I wouldn't think so, though not receiving/wearing it would be an act of unrighteousness perhaps more serious than not being invited. We see what the master did. But I leave that to you. What is worse in your mind: Reject Christ outright or confess His name falsely? Perhaps accepting His salvation and NEGLECTING it; being casual with it, isn't as bad?

Orm

And Yeah Logic, Mamaluk doesn't read like a casual Christian.. 8-)

2006/6/26 18:06
irunbarefoot

Re:

I wonder if anyone gets to know Jesus any better because of these very long winded debates?

I don't mean it nastily.
Just an honest question.

-Sean

2006/6/26 19:08Profile
mamaluk

Re:

Orm,

Falsity of faith is far worse than unbelief. The prior seems more like a work of the devil, while that latter a manifestation of human sin.

Thank you for explaining in details on your posts as they enlightened me quite a bit. I appreciate Christians who demand accuracy and soundness of learning Scriptures.

In the midst of our song and dance religious culture,which they call "christian", Scriptures, let alone accuracy of the knowledge of Scriptures, are often purposely ignored.

I must confess, growing up in a Christian school all those younger years, with all the cramming and testing and re-testing on the gospel books as academinc have turned me away from further studying them for quite a long time. My focus has since switched to mostly the Pauline epistles and the rest of the Bible. And there's where I noticed our differences, for examples: self-death vs life in spirit, self-emptying vs Spirit-filled, denying emotions vs loving GOD with affection..shouldn't they be the same?

Intimacy with the Father, is it not the same as living obediently to His Word in Christ, moment by moment? If not, how?

wanting to learn deeper,
mml

2006/6/26 19:50Profile
Logic

Re:

Ormly wrote:

Quote:
The yoke is the government of God.

O.K. now that I looked into it more I agree.
Yoke:ζυγός, zugos = dzoo-gos'
a coupling, that is, (figuratively) [b]servitude (a [u]law[/u] or obligation)[/b]; also (literally) the beam of the balance (as connecting the scales): - pair of balances, yoke.

You are saying that the wedding garment is the government of God also then, right?
Quote:
The yoke is the "Shama" which means to "hear". Deut.6.4: "Hear o Israel.....".

WHere do you get this?

2006/6/26 19:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy