SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : My Songs I'd Like to Share

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
irunbarefoot
Member



Joined: 2006/6/15
Posts: 35


 My Songs I'd Like to Share

Hello,

I hesitatedly decided to share a few songs that I have written and recorded. They weren't really for anyone but myself to listen to, they are personal songs about this life in God. I have many many of them on my PC, but I have included a few links to some of them below.

The quality is good, but not final quality stuff, these are semi-rough drafts. I just thought that maybe someone would like to hear one of them. You can follow the link above the song title, and then it will direct you to a page where you can download the actual MP3s if you like. If you like one of them, download a couple more of you want. If you hate them, please don't flame me. I thought I was the biggest Keith Green Fan in the entire universe, then I read some of the other posts. I know I am among friends.

The page might take a couple seconds to fully load. Be patient, the rest of the page it will finally appear if it takes a few moments.
Look for the button that says (Download Song) on top of page. It might say all download slots are busy, then it will count down 30 seconds and you can then click the button.
-----------------

http://www.badongo.com/file/856564
HERE I AM

http://www.badongo.com/file/757975
BEWARE

http://www.badongo.com/file/757991
ALL I NEED

http://www.badongo.com/file/757997
FOLLOW

http://www.badongo.com/file/758006
SAMARITAN

http://www.badongo.com/file/758009
HERE I AM LORD

http://www.badongo.com/file/758015
I WANNA BE A CHRISTIAN

http://www.badongo.com/file/758025
PHARISEE

http://www.badongo.com/file/758027
REAL THING

http://www.badongo.com/file/758033
SUNDAY SONG

http://www.badongo.com/file/758045
TAKE ALL OF ME

-Sean

 2006/6/15 23:59Profile
Compton
Member



Joined: 2005/2/24
Posts: 2732


 Re: My Songs I'd Like to Share

Hey Sean,

I only had enough time to check out the first two songs...

Great stuff brother! The first one, Here I Am, had some beautiful intrumentation, especially that shimmery piano. The second one, Beware, had some wonderful Keith Green stylings.

I also enjoyed the warm and honest texture in your singing voice. I look forward to hearing the other songs when I get a sec.

Blessings,

MC


_________________
Mike Compton

 2006/6/16 0:26Profile
freedbyjc
Member



Joined: 2004/7/29
Posts: 204
Jacksonville. Florida

 Re: My Songs I'd Like to Share

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME SEAN!

I've downloaded the bunch and, if ok with you, I'll share with my Worship Leader who is also a huge Keith Green Fan.

I pray you are sharing your gift with the world! ou you perform on the road or just sing locally? What's local?

God bless!


_________________
bill schnippert

 2006/6/16 10:20Profile
sermonindex
Moderator



Joined: 2002/12/11
Posts: 37222
"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Sean,

Can I post these in the godly music section of the website? If so what is your fullname. I appreciate your honest heart in singing these songs and making them available freely.


_________________
SI Moderator - Greg Gordon

 2006/6/16 12:56Profile









 Re:

quote]
freedbyjc wrote:
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME SEAN!

I've downloaded the bunch and, if ok with you, I'll share with my Worship Leader who is also a huge Keith Green Fan.

I pray you are sharing your gift with the world! ou you perform on the road or just sing locally? What's local?

God bless!





Keith Green fan???! Is this what worship to Christ Jesus is to be about? Talent?

I guess so, eh? That's the way the church is going, I'm afraid. But then, is it church --- or a show?

:-(rm

 2006/6/16 13:51
freedbyjc
Member



Joined: 2004/7/29
Posts: 204
Jacksonville. Florida

 Re:

After reading your earlier post on Worship and your longing for the old ways in music I should not be suprised by your reaction.

Quote:
Is this what worship to Christ Jesus is to be about? Talent



Ok, where did you get that from the previous post? The only talent I was referring to is Seans, and now that I've listened to it more the more impressed I am. Did you post on the wrong topic?



Oh well, let's wade in and see how deep the water is...

Talent is a blessing and a gift from God, Worship springs from a heart that seek God and desires deeply to Glorify Him and offer Him the best that we have to offer. Not all who worship are talented and who are talented do not worship but the combination is a true Blessing for us and for the Creator who created it.

We have done a- repeat A Keith Green Song but It does not matter who writes it or what meter its performed in, we are to worship God in spirit and in truth as we are caled to.

My friend enjoys listening to Keith's music and the style of his music and Sean's music is insightful and hilarious [try listening to his -Pharasee-] ...just like I love to read the sermons of John Piper and A W Tozer and my friend enjoys the lighter fare of Spurgeon and Edwards. But I still get rocked by the simple blessing of my pastor and his scriptural perspectives that, with the Holy Spirit's prompting, has shown me the face and heart of God on many, many occasions.

I love to sing Southern Gospel, perferably in a quartet setting and mixed or male it matters not a whit... we will worship God in spirit and in truth.






_________________
bill schnippert

 2006/6/16 14:35Profile









 Re:

Quote:

freedbyjc wrote:
After reading your earlier post on Worship and your longing for the old ways in music I should not be suprised by your reaction.
Quote:
Is this what worship to Christ Jesus is to be about? Talent



Ok, where did you get that from the previous post? The only talent I was referring to is Seans, and now that I've listened to it more the more impressed I am. Did you post on the wrong topic?



Oh well, let's wade in and see how deep the water is...

Talent is a blessing and a gift from God,



Nonsense -- I have three, music, art and voice. I still do all three. All three from natural heredity....You know, it's in my genes.

Quote:
Worship springs from a heart that seek God and desires deeply to Glorify Him and offer Him the best that we have to offer.



For which talent isn't needed, correct?

Quote:
Not all who worship are talented and who are talented do not worship but the combination is a true Blessing for us and for the Creator who created it.



Why, if you are already a worshipper? Do you need to be lead; inspired; pumped up? Maybe you like to be entertained when you go to church? Think about it --- you disappointed when the "special singer" was off key or sour?

Quote:
We have done a- repeat A Keith Green Song but It does not matter who writes it or what meter its performed in, we are to worship God in spirit and in truth as we are caled to.



Amen! So what does Keith Green, and his talent, have to do with this issue?

Quote:
My friend enjoys listening to Keith's music and the style of his music and Sean's music is insightful and hilarious [try listening to his -Pharasee-] ...just like I love to read the sermons of John Piper and A W Tozer and my friend enjoys the lighter fare of Spurgeon and Edwards. But I still get rocked by the simple blessing of my pastor and his scriptural perspectives that, with the Holy Spirit's prompting, has shown me the face and heart of God on many, many occasions.



That's nice. You are blessed to be surrounded by those who move you to deeper emotions.

Quote:
I love to sing Southern Gospel, perferably in a quartet setting and mixed or male it matters not a whit... we will worship God in spirit and in truth.



To the ears of the Lord, it will be known, amen?


Orm :-)

PS If I had my way and based on present experience, there would be no worship music except from an organ and the congregation --- and they would be hymns of glorious praise to the Lord.

 2006/6/16 15:17
irunbarefoot
Member



Joined: 2006/6/15
Posts: 35


 Re:

Hello,
I appreciate you guys listening. You can do with the songs whatever you'd like to do. My full name is Sean Dietrich. I really appreciate the feedback too!

Thanks,
-Sean

 2006/6/16 18:15Profile
HopeinChrist
Member



Joined: 2005/8/8
Posts: 256


 Re:

I have clicked on several of the songs and I can't figure out how to start the download. The page I'm getting seems to be mostly ads. There is a grey box about 2/3 of the way down the page with the song information but nothing is clickable or downloadable. Anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong?
HopeinChrist

 2006/6/16 22:11Profile
sermonindex
Moderator



Joined: 2002/12/11
Posts: 37222
"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I am going to get them on SermonIndex tonight so if you want to wait abit they will be up on the site to download. Yes I agree partly with the other brother in this thread that we should not allow contempary music to be worship fully, there is a deeper more revential style to music that caters more fuller worship that the church should not forsake, or easily we turn into entertaiment centers not a place to [b]meet[/b] with God.


_________________
SI Moderator - Greg Gordon

 2006/6/16 22:20Profile





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy