SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Pleading the Blood?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Philologos posted:

You are making SIN a physical condition. Things that happen to one individual do not automatically pass on to his descendents. I have a full set of ribs, for example.

Stever responds:

So you are equating the creation of Eve out of one of Adam's ribs by God to be equal with, or have anything to do with sin?

Are you drawing at straws here, or what?

God bless,

Stever :-D

2006/7/1 9:24

Re:

Quote:

dohzman wrote:
Brother Stever did you take the time to read Ex12:4??? You might want to do that :-)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever responds:

Exodus 12:4
4. And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The lamb had to be taken into the home for four days. Some of the homes did not have enough room, either because of size, or perhaps because of the number of people residing therin.

However, it says nothing about the smaller homes not having a bason.

In any event, at the time of the passover, all of the people in the smaller home were undoubtedly in the larger home that housed the lamb. That lamb would have been slain in the doorway of the house where he had dwelled inside of for 4 days, with his blood going into the bason, and the blood applied onto the doorway and the lentil.

There is no Scriptural support that the blood was applied to any other home other than the one that the lamb occupied for the 4 days required by Scripture.

God bless,

2006/7/1 9:30
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Scripture tells me that each Israelite home had a BASON. If they didn't the instructions would have addressed this issue in specific detail because their lives depended upon it:

!?! If you read the whole chapter you will discover that the instrucions you have quoted FOLLOW those where households are instructed to combine according to the needs of appetite. A small household shared the lamb of another household and so they did not conduct a slaughter nor reserve the blood. Consequently any basin they had would have been unused.

Quote:
God commanded all of the Israelites to put the shed blood into the BASON. There is no wiggle room here. Their lives depended upon it.

They lives depended on God seeing the blood that was daubed over their doorways which indicated that the inhabitants were inside feeding on the lamb; Ex 12:7

Quote:
The works of Trumbull and others have found historical evidence that such basins existed in the homes of people living in the countries of Egypt, Philistia, and other countries in the Middle East at that time, and also in Israel later.

I have a basin in my home too, but that doesn't mean I store blood in it.

Quote:
Philologos, are you aware that the encampment of the Israelites was that of the shape of the Cross of Jesus Christ?

I am aware that ancient middle eastern cultures usually had E at the top of their maps. In fact literal Bible compass points would be Sun Rising, Sunset, Left and Right. which if you imagine it will always have you facing East. (which is part of the reason we still speak of 'orientation' meaning east-facing when we usually mean turning the map to have North at the top) When man was driven from the face of God in Eden he went Eastwards and the cherubim guards were placed on the Eastern boundary to prevent man's return. This symbolism was continued in the pattern of the Tabernacle which had the worshipper returning from the East and heading West to approach the cherubim embroidered on the Veil. When Nadab and Abihu broke through with their strange fire the cherubim warriors stopped them in their tracks with their flaming swords.

Quote:
If one looks at the numbers in each camp, figures the approximate space required for each family or tent, etc. one can with some accuracy determine the general layout of the entire encampment.

As it turns out, when drawn out on paper, the whole encampment ends up in the shape of a cross, bottom to the east.

boy, what an imagination Balaam would have needed to see the shape of a cross from those numbers!

2006/7/1 9:38Profile
dohzman

Re:

I do enjoy these threads, reading everyone s posts and referencing backwards to thier books and websites is like digging for raw gold. I love it! :-)

2006/7/1 9:42Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Acts 20:27-28
" 27. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
28. Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood."

because 'the life is in the blood'. Christ's blood was God's blood because Christ was God. This is a great proof of the tri-une God but God is a spirit, and spirits have no blood.

It has usually been the position of Christian thinkers to recognise that Christ's body (and hence his blood) was of 'Mary's substance'. If Christ's DNA is not from Mary He is not part of our race but an entirely new one. Consequently he would be disqualified from acting as our priest according to Hebrews.

2006/7/1 9:42Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
So you are equating the creation of Eve out of one of Adam's ribs by God to be equal with, or have anything to do with sin?

Are you drawing at straws here, or what?

I have no idea what either of these questions means.

2006/7/1 9:44Profile

Re: Pleading the blood?

Hi Stever,

Your quote from Adrian Rodgers is helpful in explaining where you heard this idea: '"What I am trying to say, [b]it is the father that determines the blood[/b] and the blood that flows through the veins of the Lord Jesus Christ was blood that was contributed by God, Almighty.."

Quote:
God's Word tells me us that Christ carried God's blood in His veins, not Mary's. Christ redeems fallen man with His own Blood, that had nothing to do with Mary:

(NKJV)Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and [b]her Seed[/b];
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel."

Everything about a human being is determined by [u]both parents[/u]. Neither one does more than the other from a genetic point of view.

The father's contribution of an X or Y chromosome (in the first and every subsequently developed body cell), determines the male or female component of a child, but this of itself has nothing to do with blood group.

In Jesus' case, the Seed of the woman contributed the other 50%, but 50% x 2 = 100% of Jesus Christ, the Son of man.

This does not make Jesus half God half man, but rather whole God whole man, because each child is 'one flesh' with [b]both[/b] its parents.

Yes, the blood of Jesus was the blood of God, but it must also have been the blood of man. This is a physical attribute, not a spiritual one. Sin is a spiritual attribute. The life which is in the blood, is the life of the flesh.

You might like to do a word search on Son of man - referring to Jesus - to see how human He was. He was the Word made Flesh. The whole of His Flesh was also God. That's why the verse in Acts can refer to His blood as the blood of God. But, unless it was the blood of man also, there would be no meaningful substitute for our death, would there?

2006/7/1 9:47
Logic

Re:

Stever,

I take it that you can not answer my questions reguarding Pleading the blood of Jesus.

why then, do you hold onto your position.

2006/7/1 9:54Profile

Re:

Dear Dorcas:

God is the Ceator, who created everything out of nothing. God is outside of time and space. God can do anything.

God's Word tells us that His blood was in the veins of Christ.

We have a choice. We can either believe God, Or, we can try to make sense out of the matter by our human understanding of how things work.

I would rather trust God than man, who is outside of time and space and is capable of doing anything- things that defy human understanding and the laws of nature that He created Himself.

When you or I pray for a dying person, with incurable brain cancer, with 2 weeks left to live, and God heals him in one instant as a result of prayer---does that make sense to the Doctor, who shakes his head? Eventhough the Doctor was standing there during our prayer vigil, he still trusts in the laws of science that he learned in College and Medical School. He (the Doctor) has no understanding of God, unless of course he is a Christian. However, I know many Christians who have no understanding of God's supernatural power to heal, of God's power to intervene in human events to do whatever he wants to do.

I will choose God, and His power any day!

I will choose the Spirit Breathed Word of God, provided to us by Paul, in regards to this matter:

Acts 20:28
28. Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood."

God bless,

Quote:

dorcas wrote:

Hi Stever,

......snipped........

Everything about a human being is determined by [u]both parents[/u]. Neither one does more than the other from a genetic point of view.

The father's contribution of an X or Y chromosome (in the first and every subsequently developed body cell), determines the male or female component of a child, but this of itself has nothing to do with blood group.

In Jesus' case, the Seed of the woman contributed the other 50%, but 50% x 2 = 100% of Jesus Christ, the Son of man.

This does not make Jesus half God half man, but rather whole God whole man, because each child is 'one flesh' with [b]both[/b] its parents.
[snipped]

2006/7/1 10:13

Re:

Stever responds to logic:

How old are you?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quote:

Logic wrote:
Stever,

I take it that you can not answer my questions reguarding Pleading the blood of Jesus.

why then, do you hold onto your position.

2006/7/1 10:14

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy