SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Opposition From Everyone

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

Sam,

Just want you to know that you continue to be in my prayers, as well as the prayers of our fellowship.

I am praying that the Lord God of heaven will honor the years your mother has labored for you in the prayer closet and have come into agreement with the cries of her heart these many years. I believe that Jesus is going to honor all of her years of labor for your soul.

It's tough to break the heart of a religionist, which I certainly when I was your age, but the Lord God was able to break my heart and I trust Him to do the same in your heart.

I'll be very straight with you. If the Lord told you to repent, then just repent. If He told you to make restitution than do it. Restitution is an element of any real repentance, as you know by looking at the story of Zacheus.

Self-condemnation is simply another excuse for real repentance, so don't condemn yourself just do what the Holy Spirit tells you to do. Conviction of sin is also not repentance, although it is a wonderful gift of God you must decide whether you're through with this life of sin.

Keep in mind that when you pray, it's not always the Holy Spirit you hear. When I began to earnest pray and seek Jesus in 2001 (something I hadn't done in close to 20 years), the only thing I could hear was "Why don't you just curse God and die?"

It had been years since I read the Bible but I thought I remembered that from Job and began to read it. It took a long period of time because God wanted to know if I was serious about following Him. I knew it wasn't God.

I'm praying for you to have discernment. I would turn off the internet for a season and spend your time in prayer and in the word. If you need to reach me, you know how to do so.

Blessings to you Sam. Jesus is going to make you His own Sam.

I leave with the lyrics from Keith Green's "Rushing Wind." I prefer to call it "Born again."

Rushing wind blow through this temple,
Blowing out the dust within,
Come and breathe you breath upon me,
Ive been born again.

Holy Spirit, I surrender, take me where you want to go,
Plant me by your living water,
Plant me deep so I can grow.

Jesus, you're the one, who set my spirit free,
Use me Lord, glorify, your holy name through me.

Separate me from this world Lord.
Sanctify my life for you.
Daily change me to your image,
Help me bear good fruit.

Every day youre drawing closer.
Trials come to test my faith.
But when all is said and done lord,
You know, it was worth the wait.

Jesus, youre the one, who set my spirit free,
Use me Lord, glorify, your holy name through me.

Rushing wind blow through this temple,
Blowing out the dust within,
Come and breathe you breath upon me,
For Ive been born again.

2006/6/18 20:00Profile
IWantAnguish

VCU @ Richmond, VA

Re:

Take Me as I am - Lecrae

I talked with a cat the other day and he was like 'Man...I really want to give my life to Christ, but I feel like I have to clean my life up first, get my sins together.'

I told him, 'I used to think that way too, I thought i had to clean my life up first, but Christ changed me, Let me tell you my story.. it starts like this...'

Its 5:46 in the morning; tossin and turnin; chest burnin; sermons in my head keep reoccurring; havin visions in my head of a kid, cryin at the feet of the Father for all the wrong things that he did; now im sweatin in my sheets, cant sleep; my mind keeps
tellin me im 6 feet deep; dont remind me; even though im still alive i cant tell; the way im livin my life i feel im goin to hell; God, they tellin me i should accept You; that you had to leave the world cause the world left You; reason i cant change; like a mystery to me; even though they say You loved the world so much You shed Your blood; God, i feel im too messed up for love; they tell me come as i am; but i smell like smoke; my whole life is full
of sin cause its all i know; the bible told me that You died for my sins; if i believe in Christ to save me from the end; but im scared to ask You to save me; my heart so evil, ive got thoughts just full of hatred; hurt from people; i thought that first i had to clean up my life; now im here and i just gotta cling to the light; im ready to do it, but Lord, i pray You understand; my life is a mess, will You take me as i am ?

Will You take me as i am; i know the way im livin is wrong, but i cant change on my own tryin to make it alone; i wonder, how could You love me with my life so ugly; but You came down and died for me.

im still tryin to be the man my daddy never taught me to be; im grown up now, life aint what i thought it would be; i made many mistakes in my past i cant fix; now im starin at this crucifix, tatted on my wrist; is it true what they tellin me am i just crazy; did You bleed on the cross for my sins to save me; but why would You die for me; my whole life ive been workin for Satan while he fed lies to me; and now im hearin too much; tryin to get in true touch; about a love that can change me; im all screwed up; figured hell is what i deserve; but Your word says we all fall shook; so i guess we all owe a bird; teach me i want to learn; how You can save a wretch like me before death says its my turn; i think i finally understand; no matter my past You'll still take me as i am.

Will You take me as i am; i know the way im livin is wrong, but i cant change on my own tryin to make it alone; i wonder, how could You love me with my life so ugly; but You came down and died for me.

i had a few last words to give; ive been tellin people the reason to live, the reason to die; united with the King of the Sky; this life is passin us by, ive got no reason to lie; you'll never give the world enough; they'll hunger for more; they're fickle their ways are nothin to the wondrous Lord; more security than the man who left you; or more love than the mommas who kept you; He'll always accept you; be everything your supposed to; let Christ rule your heart mind body and soul because He chose you; and if the world dont know you; it dont matter, your God's child and He'll never disown you; your purpose on earth is far from worthless; thats why you glorify like your life's been purchased; and it dont matter if the world dont see us; we still mean the world to Jesus.

You're saved by grace through faith, there's no amount of works you can do to get this great salvation. It's only Christ, so if you feel like you gotta clean yourself up first before you can come to Him... forget it. Just come to Him. He'll take you as you are, He'll change you, from the inside...out.

==============

I'm retiring from sermonindex until I come to know Christ as my saviour. Thanks you guys.

2006/6/19 14:23Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Jhn 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Jhn 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

2006/6/19 16:27Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Sam, you sound like a Angle sent from God. He knows the truth but wants all who suffer condemnation to be set free in Christ Jesus. In Christ Jesus, He, God The Father, has sent the Holy Spirit Himself to proclaim this to the Lost. Whether an Angle or the Holy Spirit. Thanks for the reminder of who is our life, "Christ in you the Hope of Glory".

In Christ: Phillip

2006/6/19 19:45Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i have studied for forty some years and here is my 2 cents. Jesus loves me this i know for the bible tells me so. nercy there was great and grace was FREE pardon there was multiplied to me there my burdened soul found victory,AT CALVARY. jimp

2006/6/19 21:05Profile
IWantAnguish

VCU @ Richmond, VA

Re:

New prayer request...

I need help over my unbelief...

That Christ died for me...

Pray for me guys... please

2006/6/19 22:36Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

You could not have unbelief in you unless believing was already doing its work in you.

Your prayer is being answered as we speak.

He is in you. It is no longer you who live but Him who lives in you. You will know Him and Him crucified. 1Cr 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

In Christ by His work: Phillip

2006/6/20 3:07Profile

Re: Opposition from Everyone

Quote:
I need help over my unbelief...

There are two things in this knot, I believe.

The first may be that you are offended that Christ had to die for you at all. Maybe you don't mind Him having had to die for [i]others[/i], but, to admit that one's own sin is implicated in His death, is ... well, it's in line with what you were saying earlier about your sins not being 'so bad'.

Really, you have to understand that just a speck of sin cannot even be admitted to God's presence. So, it's not just the things you have done, but the natural tendency to sin which we cannot control, which has to be excluded from His presence. That shuts every one of us out. The ONLY way into God's presence, is through His Son Jesus Christ, because of His death which destroyed sinfulness and abolished death and unclasped the devil's hold over people's lives, (when they [i]want[/i] it to).

There is a verse here, which I heard preached upon in a helpful way:

Mark 11:22
And Jesus answering saith unto them, [b]Have faith in God[/b].

The preacher said this means 'Hold the faithfulness of God'.

I found that very helpful, because I also had a problem with unbelief. When I was first coming to the Lord, I had to ask Him to [i][b]give[/i][/b] me 'faith'. This was my last resort, because nothing I 'thought' could fix my sense of being completely cut off from the possible reality of His presence. I'd experienced His presence in the past, but in those days, His presence seemed like a mirage with regard to the future.

So, there is a sense in which your believing is not what will break the power of unbelief. He had faith for His task of redeeming the whole world. (John 10) It's taken me years and years and years to 'see' that redemption is a simple concept. A person who values something pays for it, regardless of its condition, and after it is in their possession, they fix it up to be as good as new or better, because they just love to own it.... and what they paid was worth every penny, because it enables them to love that purchase back into the full glory it once had.

Believing that Christ died [i][b]for you[/b][/i], is as much about believing that you are [u]included[/u] in the mass of humanity whom He redeemed through His death - and that you NEED to be included - as it is about acknowledging your equality with other sinners, who have already realised the good news they can embrace HIS death, instead of having to die for their [i]own[/i] sins for the rest of eternity.

Ask Him to show you what the sticking point is, which makes your unbelief attractive to keep. He is the Master at pinpointing the pivot. This is all part of the process of counting the cost of abandonment to His will. Remember, His meat was to do His Father's will, (John 4) and it has to become our meat too, or, one day we might hear those awful words 'Depart from me - workers of iniquity - I never knew you.' (Luke 13:27)

2006/6/20 3:41
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
Being saved from the wrath of God is what we are all escaping from, not our sins.

Sorry brother, but the Lord Jesus said to the Pharasees, "Except you believe that I Am, you shall die in your sins".

To die in ones sins is to die unredeemd from sin. that is to die under the just penalty and wrath for sin. It is sin that will condemn us.

Yes, we experience this condemnation because of our unbelief and failure to come to Christ who is our redemption. But redemption from what? From wrath? Yes from wrath. But what is the basis of wrath? Sin. Wrath is poured out upon sinners for sin. It was God's wrath agains sin which Christ's bore on the Cross.

God made Him who knew no sin to become sin on our behalf, that we might become the rightousness of God in Him.

It was sin that God judged in the Cross in Christ and sin which will take us to the lake of fire if we are outside of Christ.

Christ is the end of the law for rightousness to everyone who believes, but to those who do not believe in Christ, the law is in effect. It is still there and will condemn because it is the rightouse requirement of God. Christ fullfilled all rightousness of the law and died in our stead, but for those outside of Christ, the wrath of God abides upon them because they are still in their sins.

"Christ came into the world to save sinners", not wrath bearers. To save from what? "He shall save His people from their sins".

Just a Moses lifted up the Serpant in the Wirldernss, so must the Son of Man be lifted up that whosoever believes into Him might not perish but have Life which is Eternal"

What is this refering to? The Children of Isreal sinned and were bitten by Serpants and were perishing in the Wildernses. Moses was instructed to make a Bronze Serpant and lift it up and those who looked upon the Bronze Serpent lived. Even so, it is because we have sinned that we perish and bny looking unto the Crucified and resurrected Christ, we are made alive and live. Our sins condemn us but Christ has redeemed us and in Him we live.

Graftedbranch

2006/6/30 14:38Profile
Logic

Re:

Graftedbranc wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Being saved from the wrath of God is what we are all escaping from, not our sins.

Sorry brother, but the Lord Jesus said to the Pharasees, "Except you believe that I Am, you shall die in your sins".

What happens if you die in your sins?
The wrath of God is pored upon you.
Quote:
It was sin that God judged in the Cross in Christ and sin which will take us to the lake of fire if we are outside of Christ.

Think of it this way:
Why did we sin?
Because we were sinners.
We weren't sinners because we sinned, we were born that way, being spiritually dead.
The penalty for sin is [b]death[/b] not hell or the lake of fire.
We go to hell because we are still spiritually dead when we die, we didn't recieve Eternal Life.

Hell is the place of the dead.
When we become saved, we recieve Eternal Life.
Haveing Eternal Life is when our spirits become alive, Heaven is the place of the liveing. [b]Mark 12:27[/b] [color=990000]He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.[/color]

[b]Eph 2:3b[/b] [color=990000]were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
2:5a Even when we were [b]dead[/b] in sins, has made us [b]alive[/b] together with Christ,[/color]

2006/6/30 15:27Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy