SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi Killed in Bombing Raid

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Roaringlamb, how are you brother?

I would like to comment on something you said and hopefully can share some reasons I have come to think differently about this...

Quote:
I will tread carefully here, but I suggest you double check history. Those who brought about the Revolutionary War wer not Christians, but Masons. They had an agenda for America to be the new Atlantis.

It is specifically the claim, that those who brought about the Revolution were Masons, that I want to address.

A few years ago, shortly after I was converted to Christ, I spent some time looking into the 'conspiracy theroies' on the internet and visted different sites that dealt with the topic, mostly those that attempted to prove the conspiracies were real. Eventually, even though I was convinced there was some credibility to the claims, I stopped examining the issue and realised that I was missing the work the Lord had for me to do.

What I have since realised, through the voices of vairous Christian ministires that defend the 'counter-claim' that America was founded as a 'Christian nation' is that alot is perhaps 'left-out' of the discussion on the other side. For instance, I was amazed to learn that according to David Barton of the Ministry called WallBuilders, [b]over twenty[/b] of the signers of the Declaration of Independence had degrees from seminary!

I was also surprised to learn of different facts that run counter to the oft-heard assertion that so many or even 'most' of the founders were Deists, such as reading the prayers or speeches of George Washington; as I understand it Deists do not pray to a personal deity asking for his intervention? What's more, while I did find reason to believe that President Washington was a Mason at some point in his life, what was not mentioned by the conspiracy theorists was that he supposedly also left the lodge.

That brings me to an important point, and one that I think you alluded too in prefacing your statement by [i]treading carefully[/i]. When viewing and commenting upon the lives of historical figures, we have to be cautious, rememmbering that isolated events or periods of time from a person's life do not nescessarily represent the whole content or character of that life. It would be easy for instance, for someone years from now, if they had access to my personal history, to portray Christopher Joel Dandrow as a reckless, godless heathen. They could do so, doing great harm to the testimony of my conversion to Christ, if such things were taken out of the whole context of my life up to this point.

For this reason, I think we should excercise great caution in repeating claims about men and women of history or even the present. Remember brothers, that false harmfull speech about others is [i]slander[/i]; something the father of lies is known for. And becuse it seems like this is part of the whole conspiracy discussion, I get the impression that it could be a deception, mixed with some truth, that works to errode confidence in our government, foundation, and values, especially in the minds of the youth.

I am not in anyway implying you or anyone else are participating in that. I just wanted to share these things for the sake of our awareness.

Blessed be the Lord God almighty.

2006/6/10 13:04Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Thank you for your post brother. To me it seems that yes there are bits and pieces left out of both sides. I think that the one thing that is most important is that we follow CHRIST. It seems that I (cannot speak for others) can so easily trust in the Government, the President, the economy etc... anythig but GOD. Perhaps that is why there is the warning in Isaiah 30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin Isa 30:2 That walk to go down into Egypt, and have not asked at my mouth; to strengthen themselves in the strength of Pharaoh, and to trust in the shadow of Egypt Isa 30:3 Therefore shall the strength of Pharaoh be your shame, and the trust in the shadow of Egypt your confusion.
I do not fully understand the history of this country, but there are certainly alot of confounding facts. But it is always best to seek Love as love edifies, while knowledge puffs up.
Again, thank you brother, and forgive me if I have offended you in any way.

2006/6/10 13:38Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
For this reason, I think we should excercise great caution in repeating claims about men and women of history or even the present. Remember brothers, that false harmfull speech about others is slander; something the father of lies is known for. And becuse it seems like this is part of the whole conspiracy discussion, I get the impression that it could be a deception, mixed with some truth, that works to errode confidence in our government, foundation, and values, especially in the minds of the youth.

This is an important observation Chris.

In recent years I've noticed that many of us Christians, exasperated by current events, have succumbed to simplistic and worldly conspiracy theories to try and make sense of it all. Since Christians are supposed to 'hate this world' it seems unimportant if these cyncical narritives are truthful...just that they appear antagonistic to the current order.

I realize it is part of the Christian's walk to not be bound to an Earthly 'kingdom', having a message that is peaceble and kind to all men regardless of thier nation or creed. Yet I see many Christians today that still seem bound to an Earthly kingdom...they have joined the ranks of those who recklessly talk down their own nation on the basis on secular and socially liberal books and blogs without first hand knowledge or experience of the facts or the people involved. In a time of war they do not remain peaceble to all men, but picking sides, they choose to tear down their own flag rather then simply lift up a higher banner.

(Edit: I'm not talking about exercising free specch criticism of our government. I'm referring to the low practice of treating conjecture and theory as factual knowledge.)

MC

2006/6/10 13:54Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Chris

Quote:
It sure is easy to rely upon our own love - it just can't support the weight of our walk before God in this evil world, you know?

oh indeed, and i'm finding that to be the case more and more. the lofty purposes of God can only be realized if we yield wholly to Him in all things and give up everything we are for Him. nothing we can bring to the table is sufficient in anywise.

Quote:
It sounds like the Lord is saying that the same love with which the Father loves the Son can be in us! Would this not mean, but not only, that we would be assured of God's love for us....?

that's what i see too!

Quote:
Ohh brother, what could we not bear if our hearts were so assured? How charitable would we not be if so vast a treasure, the eternal unfailing love of the Father, as unchanging as the Immutable God Himself, were laid up in our bossom and spilling out for want of room to contain it!? Would we not view the richest man as poor, the wisest as fool, the meanest as pleading the Father's compassion, the hurting as inviting His living waters to flow?

what would we not bear indeed bro? nothing. we could indeed to all things to the glory of God the Father. but the cost bro is dear bro. everything we are. we must be stripped bare of self that God only may live. Not very many are willing to make that sort of sacrifice. this is not a comfortable thing to do and clearly not for the faint of heart...God be our courage. AMEN.

2006/6/10 17:35Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: When will the wound of this worlds sin be healed?

bro Mike (Balog)

Quote:
Luk 13:2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? Luk 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Luk 13:4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
Luk 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

that should make us sit down and consider our own pittiful state before God lest we start thinking more of ourselves than we ought...

as far as God still meting out judgment by killing men, this is still in effect and none of us is exempt for we have all fallen short of the glory...

Let us consider our pittiful state before a most Holy God and repent or we too shall likewise perish...

God help us!AMEN.

2006/6/10 17:40Profile

Re: Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi Killed in Bombing Raid

"Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?" -- Ezekiel 33:11.

2006/6/10 17:52
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

freecd wrote:
"Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?" -- Ezekiel 33:11.

Yea that would be the scripture I would leave them with after they cut off my sons head and raped my Wife and Daughter. :-(
Like my old Pastor used to say the creator may be tough be he ain't blind.

2006/6/10 18:26Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Brethrens, some good points have been brought up here.

Quote:
I realize it is part of the Christian's walk to not be bound to an Earthly 'kingdom', having a message that is peaceble and kind to all men regardless of thier nation or creed. Yet I see many Christians today that still seem bound to an Earthly kingdom...

Yes, brother, this is my concern as well. I just read a quote from Ravenhill who says: [b]My generation is not so heavenly minded that it is no earthly use, it is so earthly minded that it is of no heavenly use!'[/b]
I want to add few verses here about our citizenship.

[i]1 [b]If[/b] ye then be risen with Christ,[b] seek those things which are above,[/b] where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 [b]Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.[/b]
-Colossians 3[/i]

[i]17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, [b]pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:[/b]
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
-1 Peter 1[/i]

[i]14 For they that say such things declare plainly that [b]they seek a country.[/b]
15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
16 [b]But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God:[/b] for he hath prepared for them a city.[/i]
-Hebrews 11

Very deep verses for pondering.

2006/6/10 19:49Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Tears_of_joy wrote:
Brethrens, some good points have been brought up here.
I just read a quote from Ravenhill who says: [b]My generation is not so heavenly minded that it is no earthly use, it is so earthly minded that it is of no heavenly use!'

Wonder if Ravenhill would have quoted the same thing to Jesus? Jesus was both heavenly minded and was of earthly good and also earthly minded and he was of heavenly good. :-)

2006/6/10 20:01Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
I would like to recommend a series recently made available here at SI to you all that I think is relevant in some ways to the discussion here. The messages are by Josef Tson

ChrisJD, hi brother.
Thank you for these messages, I will check them out.
I think Josef Tson is romanian pastor who has been through communism persecution?

Also I would like to bring attention to the messages that brother Wilkerson preaced after 9/11, I think these messages are must heard for every american and everyone else, especially the second one.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4218]The towers have fallen, but we missed the message[/url]
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3400]Sodom's Sister[/url]

2006/6/10 20:02Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy