SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Baptized with the Holy Ghost with the Bible evidence (utterance in tongues)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Stever responds to Ormly:

I think we have all heard your position on this, now many times.

Please, support your position with proof text from Scripture.

God bless,

Stever

Well Stever, may ask what you think this verse means: Hebrews 2:3 (NASB-U)
"how will we escape if we neglect so great a salvation? After it was at the first spoken through the Lord, it was confirmed to us by those who heard"

What does that say to you? Do you see any distinctions being made by the writer of Hebrews, in this remark? Who do you believe the distinctions to be between?

Orm

2006/5/26 14:25
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Baptized with the Holy Ghost with the Bible evidence (utterance in tongues)

i read some things here...and i get a little confused... can you be baptised in the holy ghost and not speak in tounges?

and is the filling and baptism the same thing?

christian

2006/5/26 14:28Profile
linda7

West Sussex, England

Re: The filling and the Baptism

Christian wrote:

Quote:
and is the filling and the batpism the same thing?

There is a great thread under the Scriptures and Doctrine section - "The Distinction Between Being Filled and Baptized in the Holy Ghost", if you can take time to read it; it is Ron Bailey discussing mainly with RobertW.

Linda

2006/5/26 14:37Profile
Logic

Re:

Ormly wrote:

Quote:
But we are not speaking of a gift but evidence. The baptism, in this context is the gift; the promise of the Father with the evidence of tongues. That is NOT to be confusd with the "gift of tongues" Paul speaks of purposed for the edification of the church when accompanied by interpretation..

Orm

Are you saying that, The baptism is a gift and it comes with the evidence of tongues which is difrent than the gift of tongues,
but,
you get the gift of tongues when you are baptised in the Holy Spirit that comes with the evidence of tongues.!? :-?
But I think I know what you mean there.

Quote:
That's easy but first let me ask the question: who could be born again before the cross? ---Who were they held captive in Abrahams bosom, paradise, that Jesus set free ---Hmm?

[b]John[/b] 3:3 [color=990000] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.[/color]

being born again is an old testement concept because Jesus told Nicodemus this and he was old testement.

[b]John 3:10[/b] [color=990000]Jesus replied: How can you be a teacher of Israel and not know these things?[/color]

Seems some here need a good Bible 101 course. ;-) 8-)
Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
i read some things here...and i get a little confused... can you be baptised in the holy ghost and not speak in tounges?

and is the filling and baptism the same thing?

christian

Yes, I have been baptised but don't speek or pray in tongues.

I dpo believe that alot of people do it out of theire own effort or from the flesh.

2006/5/26 17:00Profile

Re:

Quote:
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Very true. But He NOT speaking of salvation but the Kingdom of God. Different issues.

Quote:
being born again is an old testement concept because Jesus told Nicodemus this and he was old testement.

John 3:10 Jesus replied: How can you be a teacher of Israel and not know these things?

Seems some here need a good Bible 101 course.

OT concept?? I'm afraid you will have to show that to me. Not only that but Jesus wasn't referring to Nic's lack of knowledge about that part of what He was speaking but rather the issues dealing the Spirit as mentioned in the OT.

I believe there is a clear distinction between salvation by the Blood of Christ and being Born again of His Spirit.

Orm

2006/5/26 17:59

Re:

Linda, How can the "coming upon" be an "infilling"? I don't get it except to be full of the Holy Ghost connotes intimacy with the Father. The "coming upon" is to lead one to it.

:-)rm

2006/5/26 18:06

Re:

Quote:

Ormly wrote:
{quote]John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Very true. But He NOT speaking of salvation but the Kingdom of God. Different issues.

I believe there is a clear distinction between salvation by the Blood of Christ and being Born again of His Spirit.

Orm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever responds:

[b][color=0066FF]Then Prove it by Biblical proof texts. Otherwise you position is nothing more than an OPINION and means nothing![/color][/b]

God bless,

Stever :-)

2006/5/26 18:09
Logic

Re:

Ormly wrote:

Quote:

Show the distinction from Scripture.

What is the difrence between washed by the Blood of the Lamb & being born again?

Can you be born again and not washed by the Blood?
and/or
washed by the Blood and not be born again/

2006/5/26 18:12Profile

Re: Biblical Proof

Olmry, please respond by Biblical Proof texts on your positions expressed below. Mere words are not acceptable, unless supported by proof.

You mention a good Bible 101 class- it is your turn to give it.

God bless,

Stever :-)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Olmry posted on 6/25/06:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well my brother Stever, as someone awhile back suggested we do is, take another look at the word "believer". I'm telling you here and now that all "believers", the confessors of His name as the one who has saved them, will NOT be joint-heirs with Christ. Why? Because there is a price to pay that Jesus and Paul speak of that you are completely ignoring and most others who want Jesus, but on their own terms, without intimacy, are also. It is a painful way. It is the way of the cross. Away that relies heavily upon the power of the Holy Ghost for victory, making the Baptism of the Holy Ghost vitally important. Everyone should desire it because everyone should desire victory and helps that make victory possible. How does one receive the genuine article? ---- How bad you want relationship with the Father because that's what it is all about--relationship?

Psalm 34:8 (KJV)
"O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him."

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Posted on 5/25/06
There are presently in heaven many who were never born again in their earthly life. Can you agree with that? If you can, where does that take in your thinking?

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Posted on 5/25/06
Ormly responded:
But is a requirement for joint-heirship with Jesus Christ. Think otherwise and that the "casual" Christian will be also and your are in deception.
Blessings,

Orm

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Posted on 5/26/06
That contradicts scripture and is heresy.
Proove such claims with Chapter & verse when making them.

That's easy but first let me ask the question: who could be born again before the cross? ---Who were they held captive in Abrahams bosom, paradise, that Jesus set free ---Hmm?

Seems some here need a good Bible 101 course.
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2006/5/26 18:21

Re:

Jesus said he didn't come to save the righteous but sinners. There was 4000 years of people of whom many were righteous, justified by their faith in God and when Jesus died on the cross He shed His precious blood that finally reconciled them with the Father. They were set free from their captivity, held there by Adam's sin, that their own righteousness could not free them of.
Romans 5:1 (NASB-U)
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

That's not being born again. That's being saved from sins penalty --- death.

Being born again is for our lifes journey to become a begotten son of God. A Child is born and a son is given. Jesus was the first of the first born that we can witness as an example of what Father purposed for us before the foundation of the world, i.e., joint-heirship with Jesus.

That is the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Wrong teaching brings wrong conclusions in this matter. If you believe me to be wrong show me what I violate.

Orm

2006/5/26 18:33

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy