SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Can Salvation be lost?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: I am struggling with this question

I sometimes need reassurance that i am saved as roman says it is your spirit that tells this question if i am not fully saved. I do not want to decieve myself.
I want more and more to know the glory of the living god and be in no doubt that I am and others are saved.I do not want any doubt in my life
Jesus help
Dom

2006/5/8 10:46Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Luke 8:16 “No one, when he has lit a lamp, covers it with a vessel or puts it under a bed, but sets it on a lampstand, that those who enter may see the light. 17 For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light. 18 Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him.”

In this Scripture, there is a warning...18 "Therefore take heed how you hear...

The things which divides us is found in this warning. Denominations exist because of this. Many doctrinal arguements finds it source in how we hear.

If Christ's voice is heard, unity will manifest itself because of the source from which faith is created in us. The Holy Spirit gives to us what is of Christ. It is we who must submit and listen carefully to what He says.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/8 10:54Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Dom wrote:

Quote:
I sometimes need reassurance that i am saved as roman says it is your spirit that tells this question if i am not fully saved

2Tim. 2:11 This is a faithful saying:
For if we died with Him,
We shall also live with Him.
12 If we endure,
We shall also reign with Him.
If we deny Him,
He also will deny us.
13 If we are faithless,
He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself.

He remains faithful always to those who seek Him. Today is always the day of salvation.

2Cor. 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

God Bless
Jeff

2006/5/8 11:04Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

AMEN

2006/5/8 11:32Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

John 14:16-17 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The prayer has been answered, Yes? If it be the Holy Spirit is in us, that is the Comforter, which is parakletos, which is teacher, intercessor, consoler:--advocate, comforter.

What is He to teach us? John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Why would Christ want to be in us? The Father also wants to be in us. This is our new birth, Christ Jesus in us, The Father in and The Holy Spirit in us teaching us all things Jesus is saying and even more. John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. Teacher: John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
The Comforter will show us Christ and the Father.
John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Even things that we don't understand of know will be revealed to us: Phl 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
How are we perfect? Jhn 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. This has happened when we believe and that Which is Perfect is born again in us. 1Cr 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. We are no longer in Part for that which is Perfect has come. Is He in us? Is He Perfect?

Again: Phl 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Col 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

How do we know? By the Christ that is in us and by The Holy Spirit revelation of this truth. Christ In you the Hope of Glory. Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Pray for the salvation of Jews and every person that has been given to Jesus Christ.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/5/10 3:22Profile
aarondisney

Re: Can Salvation be lost?

Here's a question

If you are either saved for good or never saved at all........what do you make of these people?

2 Pet 2:20-22
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
(KJV)

Are they
A. People who have never been saved that had once escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,who knew the way of righteousness, and were washed.

or are they......
B. Christians who once again were entangled in the pollutions of the world. Who would have been better off not knowing the way of righteousness, and have returned to their wallowing in the mire.

Or could it be the natural understanding........
C. They were once saved and had at one time escaped the pollutions of the world but got entangled in them again. And they are now worse off than they were before. Once saved and now lost.

I choose answer C!!

2006/5/23 17:17Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

IN the whole context of 2 Peter 2 he is speaking of false teachers. These are apostates who deny the Lord and His redemptive work. And their condition grows worse and worse.

Peter is not addressing their state as regenerated believers or unregenerated. He is speaking of their way and their apostacy from the truth and holy commandment delivered to them. They have heard the truth, known the Truth, and even made an outward "commitment" to the truth. But these have turned from it, it has not become their reality. But have forsaken what was delivered to them and chosen to perpetuate heresy denying the Lord and His redemption.

vs. 22 Speaks of a dog returning to his own vomit and a sow after washing, returning to wallowiing in the mire.

Being a dog signifies his condition as unregenerated. He does what he does becasue it is his nature. Washing and wallowing signifies outward washing and wallowing.

It is a difficult passage regarding OSAS But it must be understood in light of all the other scripture conserning the permanence of salvation and the Eternal Life recieved through redemption and regeneration.

As Tozer says, "It is not a matter of "It is written," but a matter of "it is written and again it is written". No truth stands alone and a truth made to stand alone often does not stand straight."

Our understanding of salvation must come from the whole body of scripture and the revelation of the New Testament and not be derived from one part which has a particular emphasis.

If you are conserned as to whether or not you have lost your salvation and are a heretic, then you still have it.

It is those who are "daring, self willed" who should be conserned but it is they that are not conserned.

No genuine born again regenerated believer will be found denying the Lord's redempion. The Life within him will not allow it. IN my opinion.

Graftedbranch

2006/6/13 10:10Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

what about solomon?

surely we know he truly tasted the Lord. he was used to write a few books in the bible. we also know towards the end of his life that he was lead astray by his wives into worshipping false idols!

1 Corinthians 10:12
Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.

may we all see the need of abiding in Him daily lest we fall.

Matthew 26:41

41 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

what is Jesus saying here?
we must daily watch and pray that we may be lead by the Spirt. if we are not watching and praying (abiding) we will easily fall back into the flesh and be overtaken by temptation because our flesh is weak.

2006/6/13 12:45Profile
ChristMyLife

Re: Can Salvation be lost?

It is evident in the bible that salvation can be lost.

Jesus talked about how people will come to him on Judgement Day and say "we've done great things in your name. We've cast out demons, healed the sick, done many miracles,etc." And Jesus said to them "depart from me I never knew you".

How could of they gotten those gifts of healing and miracles signs without being saved or knowing God at first? It is that at one time they were saved and living for God and even developing gifts given by the Holy Spirit and then they began to worship their gifts and forsake God. So thats why God forsaked them, because they forsaked God. We have to remember that God is Love, but also Just.

What about in Revelations when Jesus was speaking to the churches? He told many of them to repent or he will remove his lampstand from them. His lampstand is his annointing, his spirit. How can one be born of God if his spirit does not live in him?

What about when Paul spoke in 2 Corinthians 8:5 telling them to exam themselves to be sure their in the faith. He wasn't talking about certain people in the church, he was talking to the whole church, christians. Why did Paul say that? Because he knew that one could be close with God and gradually fall away. He knew that even strong christians could be deceived, for thats why he spoke about heresy in the church, other christs, and other gospels.

The majority of revivals in history begin with people in the church getting saved. People who thought they were saved, but they were far from God and beginning to exam themselves and see they have fallen from the faith. From that the church awakens and the fallow ground is broken and revivals comes and God can now use his people.

2006/6/13 16:06Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

It all boils down to this: there is no salvation outside of discipleship.

Lavish formulas and sayings have been created to try to say otherwise, but, this is the essence of the gospel through and through. Anything that says contrary is a false gospel.

2006/6/13 16:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy