SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Where is all of this leading to ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:The "Old" vs "The New".

I think the post on page 1 on "Sound Doctrine" being our only Shield combined with Total Dependency on The Holy Spirit of Truth, will get us through the New Deceptions hitting the "church" and those that Robert mentioned will come with all the more force and fury.

On a side note (sort of), I got to thinking of the Old Paths and then these "New Itching Ear" things. And that those who mix the two will come under stronger condemnation, for to whom much is given - much is required.

Reading Volume 2 again of the below now and even though the pages aren't white anymore (they're old :) ... I thought I'd look for them on the web and the only place I've found them is below ........

[b][u]Refiner's Fire (Vol. 1)[/u] - Leonard Ravenhill $9.99 or Set $19.00
"A Journal for Those Who Seek a Fuller Revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ." This journal was born in the heart of Brother Ravenhill. It is STRONG MEAT for "hungry" preachers and Christian workers. The writers may be unknown to some but not to God.

[u]Refiner's Fire (Vol. 2)[/u] - Leonard Ravenhill $9.99 or Set $19.00
"Our prayer is that we may through this journal bring to you spiritual giants who have passed on, but who have left a vision of the fullness of Christ." - Leonard Ravenhill
"You've got to be really hungry for God, to read and reread this journal. But what a feast for those who long for truth and an open heaven." - David Wilkerson[/b]

You won't find a "Publisher's Name" on them, because they were compiled and printed by Wilkerson and Ravenhill together. :-)
David Wilkerson has written the Introduction AND in the back of the book, a book David Wilkerson distributed (don't know if they still do) from Lindale, TX (way back when - before TSC) was [b]"The School of Christ" by T. Austin-Sparks[/b] :-D .

These books on top, are a compilation of authors, such as --- C.H. Mackintosh - H. Foster - J.B. Stoney - L. Ravenhill - T Austin-Sparks - Lilias Trotter - William Law by Andrew Murray and Arthur Wallis.

Just one quote from H. Foster - "Legalists are always occupied with "exernalities". They attach the greatest importance to the niceties of orthodox practice and language as things in themselves. By them the simple practices of the New Testament are made into a "ritual". The [b]spirit[/b] of a thing is lost sight of in and exaggerated devotion to [b]the thing[/b], whereas to God nothing has value apart from the spiritual truth it is meant to express."

These two volumes are a rare find and well worth the money to possess books that were a joint effort on the part of Ravenhill and Wilkerson, while they worked together way back when.

Enjoy !

http://www.rarechristianbooks.com/bookstores.htm

2006/4/18 20:33
dohzman

Re:

Excellant resource ! Makes me rember that I need to once again dust off some of the books on my shelves and re-read the classics once again. God bless. Bro. Daryl

2006/4/18 21:28Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Quote:
like some sort of example of how the American religious system, is LIVING A LIE,

Bill,

May I suggest you read these post by Annie, I believe all your questions will be answered.

Quote:
It's almost like a test with all the answers but no questions, with the scriptures being the answers.

I think this statement answers your own question.
You see the scriptures ask the questions and also give the answers. You just need to look to
them for both.

2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly
furnished unto all good works.

2Tim. 2:15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the [u]word of truth.[/u]

You're Welcome,

pastorfrin

2006/4/18 21:40Profile

Re:

Edit: I ain't depressed no mo. :-D

"The Comforter" has come ~ and Jesus is the ONE to be GLORIFIED.

For HIS GLORY, TRUTH and FAITHFULNESS.

AMEN.

2006/4/19 2:18
Drey

Re:

Heres a thought:

God is against tradition.

No... of course not your russian background (speaking for myself).

Tradition concerning God?

I don't like religion. I like God.
Society has tried to put a lable on God, like everything else, and by doing this, they are comparing God with everything else.

Nooo... I love Jesus Christ... enough to read His word, talk to Him daily, seek His spirit.

I don't know about all these preacher, but if the fruits of the spirit are there, then they're fine by me.

yeah... I'm young, so what? heh, I havn't posted in while, so I thought I would, concerning this topic.

I think the most important thing is seeking God and having a personal relationship with him. All these gifts that we get from the Spirit, can become a religious swamp, if we let it. God gives you something, you got to let it go, or else it will get all murky because you hold onto it like it's yours. Sure it's a gift, but not for you.

Just some things on my heart. Sorry if some of it is wacky, it's kinda late, and im kinda tiard, and kinda going to sleep, but let me know what you think, eh?

-andrey

2006/4/19 3:53Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:
Bill,
May I suggest you read these post by Annie, I believe all your questions will be answered.
You're Welcome,

pastorfrin

Yes, you may suggest, But I still don't see anything to convince me of this.
You're Welcome
Brother Bill

2006/4/19 19:38Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Quote:
But I still don't see anything to convince me of this.

Of course you don't!

1Cor. 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the
things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them,
because they are spiritually discerned.

You're Welcome,

pastorfrin

2006/4/19 21:08Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:
Quote:
But I still don't see anything to convince me of this.

Of course you don't!
You're Welcome,

pastorfrin

Thanks Brother that was real helpful, was that meant to be a personal shot? I was really looking for an explanation from "you" or maybe to elaborate on this a little more so I might get a better understanding, I never expected to get that just for saying I still was not convinced I was just looking for you to help me grasp a better understanding but I think now I understand why you responded like that.
God Bless you Brother

2006/4/19 21:21Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Quote:
I think now I understand why you responded like that.

I don't think you do Bill! You see, scripture is
and has the answer to any question necessary to
and for our spiritual well being. You do not accept the pure Word and therefore lack understanding. You keep saying you want the word explained to you, so ask the Holy Spirit to teach
you and give you understanding. John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom
the Father will send in my name, he will [u]teach you all things,[/u] and bring things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Just Ask, He may surprise you.

You really are welcome,

pastorfrin

2006/4/19 22:11Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:

You do not accept the pure Word and therefore lack understanding.

Well that explanation was a little better, but I just don't understand why you added the statement above I don't need darts, I need a Loving ,compasionate,Godly Brother or Sister to help me with that, sorry I asked you, maybe someone else will come along that has the patience to help me understand more of this.

I don't think you do Bill!
An exclamation mark would seem to most to look like your hollering at me, I am sorry that I bothered you.

2006/4/19 22:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy