SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Any one knows any good online teens forum?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
pastorfrin

Re:Pro

Quote:
And I thought I was one of a kind you mean there are more like me in the "Church"?

Prov.8:13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil:
Pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the
froward mouth, do I hate.
Prov.11:2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame:
but with the lowly is wisdom.
Prov.13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but
with the well advised is wisdom.
Prov.14:3 In the mouth of the foolish is the rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve
them.
Prov.16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and
an haughty spirit before a fall.

pastorfrin

2006/4/17 19:15Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I wished more folks would post some of their own opinions and thoughts sometimes. It's getting to the point that most every thread is nothing but full of scriptures with no personal statement that may relate to the posted scriptures, this is very confusing you don't know what kind of message if one at all is there. I read my Bible everyday and know most of these scriptures maybe I am the only one who see's this.

Here's an example if someone is beating themselves up because of sin in their life we should come in with a personal statement before the scriptures.
Hey brother or Sister we have all sinned and continue to sin if your alive your a sinner so let me help you with a scripture here maybe this will help Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

This at least is something personal from us and lets the person whoever your addressing all the scriptures to know it's for them, we all need these scriptures no doubt but it also helps to show we care enough for them that we can at least leave some kind of personal statement before them, maybe I am way off but this is the way I take it.

2006/4/17 21:39Profile

Re: GOD'S WORD IS ALWAYS PERFECT.

Amo 8:11,12 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: and they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Mat 4:4 But Jesus answered and said, [u]It is written[/u], Man shall not live by bread alone, but by 'every' word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Mat 4:7 Jesus said unto him, [u]It is written[/u] again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: [u]for it is written[/u], Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

~*~ Psalm 119 ~*~

2006/4/18 2:00
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

And?

2006/4/18 9:05Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Here's an example if someone is beating themselves up because of sin in their life we should come in with a personal statement before the scriptures.
Hey brother or Sister we have all sinned and continue to sin if your alive your a sinner so let me help you with a scripture here maybe this will help Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

If you continue to sin you are not a Christian. Can you be a sinner and a saint at the same time? Anyone who practices sin has not been born again.

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

In other words they cannot continue in sin.

EDIT:

I would always make sure a person like that knows they can have their sin taken away, not that they are just like everyone else- so it makes it look like it is not a big deal.

I don't mean to just pick something out and harp on it, but I deal with sinners all the time on the street that tell me just what you said, "we all sin because we are alive, we can't stop. This is the way God made us." That is a lie that is sending people to Hell! Christ can take away their sins, not just cover them up!

2006/4/18 9:35Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

OK bad example! But there was also another message there, I am sorry I Picked that example, I guess I am not a Christian because I do continue to sin, I overindulged last night at supper and I have done that 4 times already this month already, so I am still working on not sinning, could you please help me from you own prospective on how not to be a sinner, I need to know from folks that do not continue to sin, this is the only way I will ever know.

2006/4/18 10:21Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
I guess I am not a Christian because I do continue to sin, I overindulged last night at supper and I have done that 4 times already this month already, so I am still working on not sinning, could you please help me from you own prospective on how not to be a sinner, I need to know from folks that do not continue to sin, this is the only way I will ever know.

First off, I am not going to say that there are not struggles or weakness in my walk. I do not believe a Christian has to (or will) continue to rebel against God. One would need to see how rebellious sin is. When a person transgresses God's law (which is what sin is) they have rebelled against many things. 1) Their conscience, 2) the God who gave them that conscience, 3) God's law, 4) in most cases breaking their own rule which might be "I do unto others as I would have done unto me." Sin is an act of rebellion towards man, ourselves, and ultimately God, who as Christians, we say we love.

1Cr 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

Jam 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Jam 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Praise God no temptation has to overcome us! Believe God's word! This is the only way. It is by faith alone and of course true faith will respond with works. His word is true! He really can cleanse us from all sin.

1Jo 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from [u]all sin.[/u]

I am not trying to raise some standard that is not attainable. If that is the way you view what I am saying then that is the wrong prospective. What I am saying is that if we have intimate relationship with Him that standard will automatically rise to the surface! Praise God! In Him is no sin! Let us abide in Him! He came to destroy the works of the devil and take away our sin!

Praise be to Him!

2006/4/18 11:26Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Paula,

Coming from a woman who was NOT raised in a Christian home and had some freedoms I should not have had, you are responding the right way with your daughter! The Lord never tells us to send our children into the world when they are not prepared. It is our DUTY to prepare them AND to protect them. I cannot tell a person what to do in a specific case by case thing, but I do know that allowing a teen girl to "hang out" with an unsaved boy unchaperoned, is not a WISE thing to do. I truly do wish I had had parents who protected me when I was younger. I wouldn't have been in the situations that were inappropriate for a child to be in----situations I would cringe at the thought of my children being in now.

Your daughter may get mad or frustrated with you now, but she WILL thank you later for loving her enough to protect her until she's old enough and equipped to handle life's tough situations. Blessings in Him, Cindy

2006/4/18 14:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy