SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God created Evil?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re:

Dear Greenquality,

Quote:
Did God Create (evil or freewill)we know that satan discoverd his own wisdom and added it up.would it be wrong to say that God did create evil,for those who would chose it? we know for every effort force applied,their is a equal reposing force,in natral law.Yes God created everything! for a reason,are we to know why God does the things that he does? no.

If a person is to say, "God created evil", then that is the same as saying "God is evil." How can anything that is truly good, create something that is evil? If God is good, then He cannot create evil.

Many people confuse evil with calamity, distress, unrest, suffering, and conflict. These things are all effects of evil. Evil causes and leads to corruption, pain, destruction, and devastation. These are the fruit of evil, or the consequences of evil.

God created the consequences of evil. Obviously, the pain we feel was designed and created by God to let us know that we are involved with something harmful. However, these things are not evil itself. They are merely the consequences.

In the scripture Isaiah 45:7, the passage is speaking of these consequences which God did create. The King James version of the bible translates this literally "evil." However, the actually Hebrew word, "Ra", has a much broader context. This word includes all bad things that happen. Other translations translate this word differently.

C.S. Lewis pointed out that evil is nothing but a parasite that sucks it's life from good. The main goal of evil is to destroy good. (When I say destroy, I mean in the sense of remove or cease to exist. Evil seeks to dethrone God and remove His authority). If there was no such thing as good, then evil would not exist. Evil needs goodness in order to exist. However, goodness doesn't need evil. Good thrives when evil is imprisoned.

Good seeks to vanquish evil, not by destroying it, but by changing it into good. In society, we send people to prison in hopes that they will change and one day re-enter society. Likewise, God seeks to bring salvation to humanity.

In the case that evil does not change, good still does not destroy evil in the sense that it does not seek to bring about it's undoing (non-exist). Rather, good seeks to prevent it from causing harm. God sends demons to Hell. In Hell, demons are not obliterated, but rather, they are imprisoned. They are eternally sent to a prison where they have no freedom to cause harm.

People sometimes wonder why God doesn't just make people become non-existant after death. The reason is that God is good. God doesn't remove people from existence, rather, He lets them continue, but imprisoned in Hell.

Hope this helps,
In Christ,
Blake

2006/4/13 13:39Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Hey beenblake!

I hope you are right for your own sake then. (I have no desire to be right so that you may be punnished)
Altough I haven't really followed much about the book of Adam you do write something which sounds weird in my ears.

Quote:
beenblake wrote:
What I wrote above was the revelation given to me by Christ. Of course, not many will accept this. I have no proof or evidence of it's accuracy, except to say that if it is true, Christ will affirm it. If not, then I shall recieve my due punishment in Heaven for spreading lies.

It sounds weird to me that God would let his creatures worship other creatures. Correct me if I'm wrong, but only God is to be worshipped right?

Quote:
According to this book, Satan fell because when God created Adam, He collected all the Angels together in order to worship and serve Adam. However, the Devil said He would never worship something that was created after him. God saw the heart of the Devil, and he fell.

Now I think of this, yes there where some people who really disliked me and tried to bully me no matter what I do or how I act.
satan knows indeed that he is losing. I usually say that satan is trying his very best to take as much people with him into hell even though his own desires to overempower God, make a thrown and put it above Gods is totally doomed to fail.

Quote:
Have you ever known anyone that hated you so much that even though they could not win against you, they still tried to hurt you in every way they could??

But as you said in the quote below:
Quote:
The bible is the story of man's redemption through Christ. The scriptures testify to the son of man. The bible was written for humanity.

Thats why I think the exact cause is trivial for us to know as this not directly influences us. For me personally, if I knew exactly how and what happened would not make my relation with God stronger or me to die for sin faster. For what indeed is written for humanity we have enough to (start) seek God. :-)

Quote:
Thankfully, God's love is so strong for us that He never stops trying. Even though Jesus knows that some people will not come to Him, it doesn't stop Jesus from loving these people or from trying to draw them to Him.

No matter what the Devil may say or do, we know God is in control. He planned this all out with such perfection, He will not fail.

God certainly is good and great!!!

Amen, He will not fail at all! :-)

2006/4/13 13:43Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Hey Greenquality,

I don't know but its an interresting question to ask. Evil was going to exist and God allowed this. (or perhaps its.. God allowed evil to exist) Perhaps we can say that God allowed the possibility that evil might come up but that is not the same as creating things that where evil in itself from the start.

I believe that God made everything perfect from the start, how would we describe 'perfect free will'?

He surely has the ability to shape the evil that currently exist so they contribute (in the long run) on Gods plan even though this is often not seen by the evildoers and especially the ones suffering!
Even though I didn't had that much experience with it and if its not neccesary I hope it will stay that way.

Quote:
Greenquality wrote:
would it be wrong to say that God did create evil,for those who would chose it?

Anyhow, evil will not be eternal for God is eternal! :-D

[edit]Minor adjustment

2006/4/13 13:52Profile
Combat_Chuck

Re:

[url=http://everydaymadenew.blogspot.com/2006/02/why-does-god-let-bad-things-happen.html]My 2 Cents...[/url]

Quote:
Genesis 1,
4God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.

Isaiah 45,
7The One forming light and creating darkness,
Causing well-being and creating calamity;
I am the LORD who does all these.

Darkness is the absence of light. When God "seperated light from darkness", He was essentially defining right from wrong. When God creates what is right, He is also creating what is wrong.

Romans 8:18-22,
Quote:
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
[u]For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.[/u]
For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

2006/4/13 20:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy