SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Secret Rapture?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.
Matthew 24:32-36

"this generation will not pass away till all these things take place"

What does this mean?

Jake

2004/1/7 13:56
moreofHim

Re:

Here is something also that i found interesting when i read Luke 17 and Matt.24:

All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come...

21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened.

36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, F135 but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.

It would seem by the order of things written here that the tribulation was first.

But the biggest kicker here is about the days of Noah. Everyone always talks about "one will be taken and the other left"-- in the days of Noah- when the flood came-

[b]the ones who were taken away were the unrighteous[/b]- not Noah and his family. They were kept safe and protected in the ark (God's safety provision). :-o

2004/1/7 14:05Profile
5nva

Re:

Chanin:

I agree. The unrighteous were swept away by the flood. Revelation 12:15 talks about a flood out of the serpents mouth. I believe a flood of iniquity. God's people just like Noah and family were safe in the ark (Jesus for us) and lifted above the flood (maybe a picture of our taking away).

My wife and I just watched a video by David Wilkerson called "Are You Ready For The Coming Of The Lord". I can't find it on the TSC website so I may have got the video on one of my visits there. Maybe Greg can find it and put it on the website. Anyway he talks a lot about all of this.

Mike

2004/1/7 14:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Maybe Greg can find it and put it on the website.

Sure send it my way, my contact info is on the [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/contact/]Contact Us[/url] page.

2004/1/7 15:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy