Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : spritual perfection....i need help

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
h2oboy

Georgia, USA

Re: spiritual perfection

Hi Annie,

Thanks for the kind words and the answer to my question.

I agree that Christ is the goal. Conformity to Christ is the purpose of the on going work of the Holy Spirit within us. So many people think that they can achieve that goal with an act of their will to change. Those of us that have been down that road know that it is a dead end.

He who began a good work in us will continue to perform it. Praise God. But there is a cooperation on our part. He speaks, we listen and obey. This was the life of Christ on earth. He only did what the Father told Him. Christ in us will do the same thing.

By the way I really like the softer side of you that has been showing lately. I realized that the bees really had you going Ha those first couple of days when I first came here. I look forward to hearing more of the wisdom that God has depostied in you.

Love you.
Jeff

2006/3/25 22:05Profile

Re:

Hey Jeff, I was JUST NOW reading your posts on Frank's thread and the Lord said, go check for new post. Ha ... you're not kidding about "He speaks, we listen and obey".

Good stuff on that thread and this one too. I sent Andy this link on his thread cuz I like the guys to handle the guys for the most part.

He's a good egg that Andy. He just needs faith.

Anyhow, I rejoiced to see your Sig pop-up while I was reading. Neat ... Good Word we have.

Jeff, I'd rather be soft till Jesus comes back ... but ... don't count on it, cuz I just don't put any trust in the flesh or in how God wants me to post "sometimes". Sometimes it's Him, sometimes it's Annie. But He said to me through a few posters here Romans 8:28.
I'm a bug-saver Jeff. I save bugs from being eaten or killed. Go figure. I save animals too and as many folks as I can get in a net. I love that word "Save" and "Life" and cry a lot for others. And feel pain for them that I think will kill me someday. but whada way ta go ... and I don't want to hurt anybody. People are made in God's image and they're worth more than a hundred birds or cats or racoons.

Anyhow, you said you were rambling on Frank's thread, I didn't think so, but now you've got me rambling. Ha. Isn't that wonderful how some folks pull things out of ya.

Frank's thread is doing well and I'm doing well just sitting back reading it. I'm heading back that way and many many threads, I just sit back and take in the goodness of them and don't get my yappity jaw involved with ... they're too beautiful. I'm free to stay here for a while tonite, so I'll just enjoy. Those are my favorite times on SI ... just sitting back reading. It's nice and quiet at nite too. Good stuff.

Well, Thank you Jeff ... my two top Sig verses keep me alive and moving. And the other two bottom ones are my kickers. ha.

Love to you and a beautiful nite and Sunday.
Annie

2006/3/25 22:28
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Eternalmade,

Do we not sin with every breath we draw?

Is not every lustful desire sin?

And is not every proud thought sin?

And is not every wicked imagination sin?

And is not every unkind suspicion sin?

Every act of unbelief sin?

And every working of a depraved nature sin?

We committed sin as soon as we were able to stammer out a word. And as we grew in body, we grew in sinfulness.

We have sins of thought
sins of look,
sins of action,
sins of commission,
sins of omission,
sins in infancy,
sins in childhood,
sins in youth,
sins in old age.

We have
all the base lusts,
all the filthy workings,
all the vile actions,
all the pride,
all the hypocrisy,
all the covetousness,
all the envy,hatred and malice,
all the aboundings of inward iniquity.

(My paraphrase of Philpot's What?Will he forgive us all our sins?)

This is a stark reminder about the likelihood of being sinless in this lifetime. Once we come to Christ, sin is no longer our Master.

Murray

2006/3/25 22:58Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

There is one place in the believer that is perfect. 1Cr 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. This is the Spirit we are born again into and into us. This is the perfection that lives in us, this is our perfection Christ Himself born again in a believer. If Christ is perfect then Christ in us is Perfect. To drink of the Spirit of Christ is the born again Spirit of Christ, this is the water we must be born again with, which cleanses and keeps on cleansing. Jhn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Finally, with Christ in us what is our standing before God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

So in spirit if Christ be in us then the Spirit is Perfect.

We are not perfect in our soul yet, our mind, will and emotions. We are leaning to be perfect by the Holy Spirit that has been given us, and is our Teacher Comforter, who does not speak of Himself but only of Christ who sent Him from the Father. John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. He The Holy Spirit is teaching us all things about Christ that is in us. So our mind (soul) in not perfect yet but we will have the Holy Spirit teaching us always and we will always be learning Christ. 1Cr 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. Renewing our mind to the Mind of Christ is our spiritual service to God. Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Phl 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

We are not perfect in the Flesh yet, but our flesh has been quickened so that it is now the Temple of God on this earth and it will be perfect on resurrection morning and it will be just like His Body, which we don't know exactly yet what it will be but: Phl 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

So we are perfect in Spirit, delivered and will never die, we are becoming perfect in soul (mind) and will never die, we will be perfect in body, for unless a seed fall unto the ground and die it cannot bear fruit", and will be perfect.
2Cr 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, (Spirit)and doth deliver: (In soul,mind) in whom we trust that he will yet deliver (In body)[us];

In Christ: Phillip

2006/3/26 2:59Profile

Re:

That's right Philip. There's a few words for perfect in the Greek and it's good to understand those. As you brought out in your post.

Lord Bless.

2006/3/26 3:13

Re: spiritual perfection ... I need help

Phillip said

Quote:
We are not perfect in the Flesh yet, [b]but our flesh has been quickened[/b] so that it [u]is now the Temple of God[/u] on this earth

It (the temple of God) is also a very special kind of 'earth' in itself.

Amen to that word [i]quickened[/i]!.... brought to life!

Romans 8:11 (NKJV)
But [b]if[/b] [u]the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead[/u] dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead [b]will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you[/b].

We have Paul's word on this. I hate to get stuck in Romans 7. Not only were there no chapter divisions, but Paul was just winding up his (lengthy) preamble (not to imply the first chapters are [i]only[/i] a 'preamble') so he could get to that magnificent [b][u]THEREFORE[/u][/b] at the beginning of what we call chapter 8.

Never forget Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering [b]He [u]has perfected[/u] [completed] forever[/b] those who are being sanctified [glorified].

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, [b]are being transformed into the same image[/b] [u]from glory to glory[/u], just as [b]by the Spirit of the Lord[/b].

2006/3/26 9:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy