SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Question Concerning Head Covering:

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Chris, time restraints prevent me from giving your post serious considerations. But I do think you are misunderstanding what I am saying.

You said:
"Rather, I gathered from her posts that she said that any believer who did not agree with the practice of wearing the piece of cloth atop their hair would NOT be permitted to join the local church in any functionary manner."

The reality is that there are people who attend our fellowship who participate in our worship services or whatever we have going on. They attend our Sunday School classes, share thoughts, partake in our fellowship meals. They may teach in our VBSs - we get people from wiothout our fellowship to assist. If they desire they can even take part in the ritual of communion unless there is known sin in their life. They just cannot hold an elective office nor vote on issues because they have not committed themselves to our brotherhood.

Chris, it is essential there is basic agreements for all members in the body: that the entire body will pull together in the same direction. That there be no contentions among the body. Consider: if you were to come to our church and be there a while and speak among us like you do here on SI whenever an issue comes up that you disagree with, you can become well...this kind of behaviours would destroy a brotherhood, resulting in a split. Remember what the Scriptures say about contentions?

Several years ago, in a church I am well familiar with, had a gifted young person come in. This was his wife's home church. This fellow never did join this brotherhood but he did hold offices. He started out by leading the singing. Soon he was chosen to be a Sunday School teacher, then SS superintendent. All the while he was taking a dig at the current leadership. In the end he left a devastated church, many members left and today it is a shell of its former self.

Must go get ready for church. Wanna come? The one scheduled to preach today is a good preacher, smart and his spiritual journey has not been without its bumps...and the church hostess will invite you and anyone else with you for dinner. And I promise you it will be delicious....might even decide we are not so bad afterall! :-)

Blessings.
ginnyrose

2010/5/2 9:38Profile
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
    a question to all the brethern2010/5/2 10:03:31
    Re: ginnyrose2010/5/2 16:20:28
        Re: 2010/5/2 16:27:58
        Re: ccchhhrrriiisss2010/5/7 19:03:03

PosterThread

Re:

Hey Chris,

If you have ever been to a SI revival conference you will see quite a few of these ladies who are "conservitivly dressed,' with coverings on their heads. We have had great fellowship. I think the circumstances of the state of the American church is already bringing "strange bedfellows," together and I think it is an awesome thing...........brother Frank

2010/5/2 10:35
 Top | Parent

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy