SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Question Concerning Head Covering:

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

Yes Frank, we must be persuaded for own conscience sake. My prayer and research on these things were for my personal benefit, because I so desire to please the Lord.

To love my neighbor as myself should be the plumbline to measure things by.

Some of the most cold, judgemental people I've met had all of the physical standards honed to perfection. The problem was that their hearts gave them away. His meaning of holiness and our holiness are often opposed to each other.

2010/4/28 20:01Profile
 Top | Parent

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Brother Frank...

I don't see this as a "cultural" argument.

I simply don't think that this is enough in Scripture to make it a required practice or a standard that must be upheld to participate in a congregation. Further, I think that it is unwise to break fellowship with a believer (or a congregation) over something as silly as whether or not a woman wears a manufactured piece of cloth on her head.

Quote:
God knows the heart, if their is any other reasons why the ladies would not want to cover their heads in church, then He knows the things of the heart.

I suppose that we could also see the reverse as true too. There are some women who do not cover their heads with a manufactured cloth simply because they see nothing in Scripture that indicates that they would need to. The majority of believing women in the Church do NOT feel compelled to wear such material atop their hair BECAUSE they don't see such a mandate in Scripture. It has little-to-nothing to do with culture and everything to do with seeing a Scriptural mandate.

Unfortunately, there are some congregations (including one that I visited last year) where they equate the cloth covering as a mandate of "apostolic Christianity." They make it clear that a lack of such a cloth is a "rejection" of a tenet of the apostolic faith.

The Scriptures say that something is established in the testimony of two or three witnesses. Perhaps the same is true of doctrines and practices in the Church. Are there other New Testament passages that would specifically support any such mandate? I know of the I Corinthians 11 reference (which I feel is speaking about a woman's hair as a covering -- as explained in I Corinthians 11:15), however, are there any other passages?

2010/4/28 20:12Profile
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
    Re: 2010/4/28 20:45:50
        Re: ginnyrose2010/4/28 22:10:03
            Re: ccchhhrrriiisss2010/4/28 22:56:04
            Re: 2010/4/28 23:39:18

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy