Discussion Forum : General Topics : We Need to Talk About Peace

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi pastorfrin...

Quote:
Myth #1 Peace comes through war.

I find your [u]opinion[/u] on this issue quite fascinating. However, I am persuaded that this is merely an opinion on the matter.

What would you consider a "good soldier?" In your opinion (or belief), is it EVER justified to defend your family or country? In your opinion, is it ever right for a person to join the military?

I am not questioning your beliefs. However, I am interested in learning what your beliefs are and your rationale for such beliefs. I know some Mennonites and Society of Friends people who are quite "political" in their efforts to stay "non-political."

I must assert that pacifism comes quite easy in nations as blessed and secure as the United States, Canada or the UK. But what about believers in nations where persecution is very real and extreme? History has shown us that persecution for faith can easily increase in nations of pacifists.

Don't forget: Paul used the political and legal system of the Romans to take the Gospel into Rome (then capital of the world). He "appealed unto Caesar" -- citing his Roman citizenship -- rather than allowing himself to be released.

I am getting married soon. I have often questioned the Lord about what I would do if my future wife and future children would be placed in danger. How would I react? Should I, like the Amish, simply turn the other cheek while my children were raped and murdered? Should I simply struggle to detain while they fight to the death?

I am interested in this issue with an open heart. And I am quite interested in learning the various views from pure pacifists, semi-pacifists and non-pacifists. Our allegience, of course, if first to Christ. But do you believe that we have any sort of duty for our country? Is our nation worth fighting for? Are there any causes worth fighting for?

:-)

2007/3/8 2:15Profile
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
    Re: A History Lessonpastorfrin2007/3/8 16:05:57
    Re:rookie2007/3/8 23:09:28
        Re:rookie2007/3/8 23:13:06

PosterThread
Tears_of_joy

Re:

I want to add few more thoughts.

Quote:
To justify war many use the statement, just look at the Old Testament,

Yes, we can look at OT. The history of king Asa is very dear to my heart.
I think we can learn very profitable lesson from there about peace and war and what is that that brings peace.

2Ch 14:2 [b]And Asa did that which was good and right in the eyes of the LORD his God: [/b]
2Ch 14:3 For he took away the altars of the strange gods, and the high places, and brake down the images, and cut down the groves:
2Ch 14:4 [b]And commanded Judah to seek the LORD God[/b] of their fathers, and to do the law and the commandment.
2Ch 14:5 Also he took away out of all the cities of Judah the high places and the images: [b]and the kingdom was quiet before him. [/b]
2Ch 14:6 And he built fenced cities in Judah: for the land had rest, [b]and he had no war in those years; because the LORD had given him rest.[/b]
2Ch 14:7 Therefore he said unto Judah, Let us build these cities, and make about them walls, and towers, gates, and bars, while the land is yet before us; [b]because we have sought the LORD our God, we have sought him, and he hath given us rest on every side.[/b] So they built and prospered.

2007/3/7 18:57Profile
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
    Re:rookie2007/3/7 21:39:16

PosterThread
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
[b]I will never forget the pain that was in his eyes, when one of us kids would ask him about the war, he never responded with a verbal answer.[/b]

Brother, this reminded me of a Keith's Daniel testemony about his father, you can hear the message here: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4227&commentView=itemComments]My Godly Father[/url]
I believe it will be great encouragement to you.

And thank you for your last post and the Scriptures given.

Quote:
Myth #1 Peace comes through war.

This can be very true if we change the battlefield. Yes, peace comes through war, but war deep in heart with personal sin of everyone. If there is a peace, God will give us peace around us.

Quote:
Again I ask, what kingdom do we belong to, and who is our king?

Yes brother, we should consider this question well. Dealing with this question I think we should solve many so called dilemmas.

Blessings.
Kire

2007/3/7 18:41Profile
 Top | Parent

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy