Mills, Henry, a Presbyterian preacher and professor of theology, was born at Morristown, N. J., March 12, 1786. He was educated at Princeton, graduating in 1802. After teaching a number of years, he was ordained pastor of a Presbyterian Church at Woodbridge, N. J., in 1816. When the Auburn Theological Seminary was opened in 1821, he was chosen Professor of Biblical Criticism and Oriental Languages, a position that he held until 1854. A volume of his translations of German hymns was published in 1845 under the title Horae Germanicae. He died June 10, 1867.
Near the cross was Mary weeping 154