Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free
Featured Audio Sermon
True Revival Has a Cost by Shane Idleman
'Do good to the one who wrongs you, and God will be your friend. Never slander your enemy. Practice love, restraint and moderation.' -
Anthony the Great
: The Redeemers Return
The Redeemers Return
Arthur W. Pink
Chapter One The Need of the Redeemer's Return
I. THE REDEEMER'S RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE DECLARATIONS OF OLD TESTAMENT PROPHECY.
II. THE REDEEMER'S RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY HIS OWN AFFIRMATIONS.
III. THE REDEEMER'S RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE RATIFICATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
IV. THE REDEEMER'S RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE HUMILIATION OF THE CROSS.
V. THE REDEEMER'S RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE PRESENT EXALTATION OF SATAN.
VI. THE REDEEMER'S RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE PRESENT DISORGANIZATION OF ISRAEL.
VII. THE REDEEMER'S RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE PRESENT DEGRADATION AND DESOLATION OF THE WORLD.
VIII. THE REDEEMER'S RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE LAMENTATION OF ALL CREATION.
IX. THE REDEEMER'S RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE SUPPLICATIONS OF THE CHURCH.
X. THE REDEEMER'S RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE EXPECTATION OF THE DEAD IN CHRIST.
Chapter Two The Hope of the Redeemer's Return
I. The Character of Our Hope
1. Our Hope is not the Conversion of the World.
2. Our Hope is not the Salvation of the Soul.
3. Our Hope is not Death.
4. Our Hope is the personal Return of our Redeemer.
II. THE AUTHORIZATION OF OUR HOPE.
1. We have the Promise of the Lord Jesus Himself.
2. We have the word of God's messengers at the time of His Son's Ascension.
3. We have the inspired testimony of the apostles.
4. Finally, we have the Promise of the Lord given from the Throne.
III. THE BLESSEDNESS OF OUR HOPE.
1. Because of its bearing upon Israel.
2. Because of its bearing upon the Gentiles.
3.Because of its bearing upon the Church.
4. Because of its bearing upon Christ Himself.
Chapter Three The Fact of the Redeemer's Return
1. The Statement of this Fact.
2. The Interpretation of this Fact.
3. The twofold bearing of this Fact.
4. The Fact of the Redeemer's Return was typified in the lives of Joseph and Solomon.
5. The Fact of the Redeemer's Return was foreshadowed in the Ritual on the annual day of Israel's Atonement.
6. The Fact of the Redeemer's Return is illustrated in the Gospel narratives.
7. The Fact of the Redeemer's Return had a spectacular setting forth on the Mount of Transfiguration.
Chapter Four The Time of the Redeemer's Return
1. The position of Post-millennialism.
2. The position of Pre-millennialism.
1. An examination of Post-millennialism.
2. An examination of Pre-millennialism.
III. Post-millennialism Refuted.
1. The condition of the world when our Lord returns proves that His Second Advent cannot be post-millennial.
2. The Teaching of Matthew 13 proves that no era of Millennial blessing precedes Christ's Second Advent.
3. Our Lord's Olivet discourse shows that there is no universal triumph of the Gospel before His Second Advent.
4. The present working of the Mystery of Iniquity proves that there can be no Millennium before the Redeemer's Return.
1. Christ does not |receive the Kingdom| until the time of His Second Advent.
2. The |Times of Restitution| can be ushered in only by the Second Advent of Christ.
3. The Restoration of Israel is only made possible by the Second Advent of Christ.
4. A groaning Creation can be delivered only by the Second Advent of Christ.
Chapter Five The Imminency of the Redeemer's Return
1. Our Lord Himself spoke of His Return in the language of Imminency.
2. The Apostles referred to the Redeemer's Return in the language of Imminency.
3. Why was the fact of our Lord's Return presented in the language of Imminency and the exact date withheld?
4. Why is it that our Lord has tarried till now? Why has not the Redeemer returned long ere this?
Chapter Six The Signs of the Redeemer's Return
1. The Recovery and Revival of the Blessed Hope itself.
2. The Apostasy which prepares the way for the Antichrist.
3. The Laodicean state of Christendom.
4. The Prophecy of the Perilous Times.
5. The Overturning which is visible on every hand.
6. The present Distress of Nations.
7. The conflict between Capital and Labor.
8. The Rejuvenation and Restoration of Israel.
9. The limitations of Earth's great Week.
10. The analogy between the two Advents of Christ.
Chapter Seven The Beneficiaries of the Redeemer's Return
1. Because GRACE is that which characterizes all God's dealings with His own during this dispensation and grace, necessarily, eliminates all distinctions of personal merits.
2. Because the Rapture is the CONSUMMATION OF OUR SALVATION and therefore, being an integral and essential part of our salvation it cannot, in anywise, be determined by our personal worthiness.
3. Because to make our Rapture dependent upon anything in us is to attack the Finished Work of Christ.
4. Because the Rapture of a part of the Church only, would leave the remainder of it still upon the earth and that would prevent the manifestation of the Man of Sin.
5. Because for the believer there is |no judgment| and all upon earth during the Tribulation period are unquestionably the subjects of God's judgments.
6. Because nothing can separate believers from the Love of Christ.
7. Because the inevitable tendency of the partial-rapture theory is to get believers occupied with themselves instead of with Christ.
8. Because the partial-rapture theory introduces a situation that is full of Confusion.
9. Because the Church Epistles plainly teach that ALL believers will be raptured at the time of our Lord's Return.
10. Because there is not a single Scripture in the Church Epistles which, rightly interpreted, teaches a partial rapture.
Chapter Eight The Churchward Results of the Redeemer's Return
1. The Lord's descent from Heaven.
2. The Resurrection of the sleeping saints.
3. The Translation of living believers.
4. The Transformation of each believer into the Image of our glorified Saviour.
5. The Examination and Rewarding of the believer's works.
6. The presentation of the Church by Christ to Himself.
7. The Manifestation of the Church with Christ.
Chapter Nine The Worldward Results of the Redeemer's Return
1. The World's Consternation at the sudden and secret Removal of the Church.
2. The Hopeless condition of the left-behind ones.
3. God's dealings with the earth during the Tribulation period.
4. The revelation and career of the Anti-christ.
5. The Situation of the Jews during this Period.
6. The Battle of Armageddon.
7. The Return of Christ to the earth itself.
Chapter Ten The Consummation Of The Redeemer's Return
1. The millennium in relation to Satan.
2. The Millennium in relation to Christ.
3. The Millennium in relation to the Church.
4. The Millennium in relation to Israel.
5. The Millennium in relation to the World.
6. The Millennium in relation to Creation.
7. The Millennium in relation to Sin.
All books list
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.